Find results in...
flange

Whats the fastest indicated speed you've been

Mine is 174 on a mates Gixxer thou.Still going but ran out of track Very Happy
Car 130 Embarassed

ITCHY wrote:
mines 70mph coz that's what Mr policeman said i can go Twisted Evil

So is mine on the road thumbs .Big straight at Snetterton Smile

135 mph on my Bandit 12S at Snetterton, 135mph on my FJR on a French country road, both plenty fast enough for me thank you thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Cant possibly display that on a forum page affraidlol!

You not been to Snetterton Stu.Its not far from me thumbs

155 on my ZZR, 145 in the Audi A6 I used to be provided with. All on private roads of course. Twisted Evil

155 on my ZZR, 145 in the Audi A6 I used to be provided with. All on private roads of course. Twisted Evil

1100 or 1200

@flange wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

You not been to Snetterton Stu.Its not far from me thumbs
No i havent mate thumbs

Guest Guest
@Stue11 wrote:

why not? they have to catch you doing it mate to count thumbs

Too many unmarked rozzers about but I've done 110 in the car but that was cos i was racing some nobhead in a civic (well he started it by cutting me up) and my speedo said 80 when I overtook my mate in the van but he said he was doing 80 when I shot pass. I used to enjoy a tonne up thru Hatfield tunnel before they started the refurb.. now like a filthy zorst bouncing around thumbs

I will add that I usually stick to the speed limits, I'm a very safe driver and only ride/drive to my capabilities.

Guest Guest
Ton up on the Bonnie a few times and a 130ish in various cars over the years..

NoZ wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

why not? they have to catch you doing it mate to count thumbs

Too many unmarked rozzers about but I've done 110 in the car but that was cos i was racing some nobhead in a civic (well he started it by cutting me up) and my speedo said 80 when I overtook my mate in the van but he said he was doing 80 when I shot pass. I used to enjoy a tonne up thru Hatfield tunnel before they started the refurb.. now like a filthy zorst bouncing around thumbs

I will add that I usually stick to the speed limits, I'm a very safe driver and only ride/drive to my capabilities.
Ok then 160 on an r1 that almost killed me, and now i just take it easy on me old b6 Wink as for cars me dads cosworth 170 when i used to talk to him thumbs

170ish and still accelerating on a Blackbird but didn't dare take my eyes off the road again to see what it finally topped out at, on my own private test track of course

I must be a wus i have only managed 110 on my sv my car shakes like crap when i go over 85 Sad

160 on my old gixxer 750, she was steady as a rock with my head behind the bubble but jeez, when i stuck it above the buffeting was horrendous... and was round a slight curve in the road, at normal speeds u would not notice the angle but at that speed she was a fair bit over.... crapped myself affraid

@XS1100 wrote:
400mph down a runway Boeing 747!

Without wishing to be pedantic take off speed for most airliners is around 165-170 mph. A decent 1 litre+ bike could have it clean till it gets airborne. Very Happy

I’ve had an indicated 165 and still pulling two up with both pans and top box on with the BMW K12s, not to sure that most Speedo’s are accurate enough to give a true reading but at that speed who cares. So far I have not found enough room or courage to find the top end on the BM; I would love to have another go down at Bruntingthorpe proving ground.

I had my old ZXR1200s Kawk flat out in top down the runway at Bruntingthorpe just a shade under 175. The big problem with a muscle bike is the air resistance that slows you down too much, over 80 and the drag coefficient starts to have a bigger and bigger impact. Just look at what Suzuki had to make the Hayabusa look like to get it to go 189mph and that’s with 197bhp!

Lets face it it’s not big or clever to do that sort of speed on the public roads but Hell it’s sure a Buzz!

E.Goldsiten “They are watching you” Suspect

Guest Guest
saw 140 on the old b6, don't believe that for one second. seen 168 on the Dayton but its not a very long airfield and its quite bumpy so i tend to take it a bit steady.

@XS1100 wrote:
400mph down a runway Boeing 747!

Without wishing to be pedantic take off speed for most airliners is around 165-170 mph. A decent 1 litre+ bike could have it clean till it gets airborne. Very Happy

Knowing a little bit about it, I'd say that approx 250mph is about the maximum speed one of these things could safely achieve while still on the ground.

I did an indicated 200mph on a mates (very good mates) Busa on the M1 at 4am.

Totally exhilarating experience & I thoroughly recommend it to anyone with a very good mate who's daft enough to lend you one.

I once read an article by a 350+mph drag car driver, he described how your eyes don't actually focus on anything trackside, they can't 'cos by the time your eyes have focused, you've passed it.

To hit 300mph is on my top 10 list of things to do.

Cool, when I was your age I had a Suzuki gt185, that too was a pile of crap, but I loved it, my first big bike, I thought it was the dogs dangles.... Smile

Nice Very Happy
My bike actually did 40mph when I first rebuilt it, but after changing the needle and main jet a couple of times, it improved it tonnes!
So really, I'm grateful for the 70mph haha

hitting the limiter a few times on the blackbird ,,,,,,,,it was so easy ,thats why I got shut

@Duncan wrote:
hitting the limiter a few times on the blackbird ,,,,,,,,it was so easy ,thats why I got shut

Likewise but mine was a HRC blueprinted bird and the speedo goes 199 then --- cuz there is no space on the disaplay for the number 2.
This was on a private track!!

Got off a Norton Rotary whilst flat out on the oval banking at Mira... It felt a lot faster when I was sliding!!

@Duncan wrote:

...and the fact you're a pussy Laughing

Accidentally, and alledgedly officer, hit about 140 on a Super Blackbird I was test riding out of a certain, now defunct dealer in Market Harborough. I was heading around the bypass in 6th behind a truck and waiting for an overtaking opportunity figuring I'd see what top-end roll on was like on the thing. It's good, for sure. Hit the indicated 140 before I knew it and figured "best slow down" to discover the bike's brakes are also outstanding. Too damn easy to hit that sort of speed though.

Bloody stupid thing to do too, given how the police know that test riders use the bypass. Guess I got lucky!

Done about the same sort of speed in a few cars, also equally legally, honest.

@Bezzer wrote:
@Duncan wrote:

...and the fact you're a pussy Laughing

jeezuz a voice from the past ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is that the world famous mick ? thumbs

might be, though I shouldn't be admitting to knowing you in case anyone is watching Sad

@Bezzer wrote:
might be, though I shouldn't be admitting to knowing you in case anyone is watching Sad

admit to knowing me and I wont tell any one about you knowing the welsh t**t Laughing

Done 142mph on My new fireblade yesterday...LOADS TO GO...but run out of A3..(thats a road in woking)

127 on a honda magna 700rc21 ran out ov (privet rd)wasent expecting it as was a cruser buf f me she flu

saw 140 on the red bandit a couple of sundays ago, just tucked in behind the fairing 2 see what it was like, looked down n rolled off the throttle b4 i ran out of road lol, saw 155 more than once on the white one but that hurts!! my speedo is under reading at normal speeds but carnt say for the higher speeds Shocked havent passed my test in a car yet, but did 60 when doing my lessons Smile

Any one can go fast! But how slow can you go doing a figure of 8 with out putting your feet down thats a lot more difficult than going 200.
I always think what if you have a blow out or the chain snaps and locks the back end up.dead meat ShockedSad