Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wellsey

DONT EAT MINCE

The last few days Ive been working away.
Our company fit conveyor systems for alsorts of other companies
Anyway We went to a meat factory that produces minced meat for ready made meals.
It was an eye opener....That so called meat is just vile I saw it in its raw state before it is minced up. Bones ,grissle, skin.....
And this company supply the mince to Birds Eye....Just imagine eating a Morrisons lasagne

Fact is any kind of processed, prepacked food is best eaten quickly with as little thought for the contents as possible. It's something you have to do sometimes out of necessity rather than desire I'd say. Smile

true mate! homecooked food wins everytime but as u say sometimes needs must! i try to cook large amounts of chilis,stews,curries etc n freeze portions so can eat whenever thumbs

yeah i keep saying i would freeze mine but then i eat the buggers, damn i wish i wouldnt do that Shocked

@suzukijax wrote:
Im a veggie thumbs
My wife was for years, then she met me, allthough ive got to be honest she fooled me on more than one occasion with her veggie meals and ive got to be honest they were nice, fairplay to you for being commited thumbsthumbsthumbs

as long as it tastes ok i dont give a rats what it looks like nowadays there are that many hoopps for food companys to jump through the chances of it doin you any harm is very very slim

If you went to an abatoir I think most of us would become veggies.

But mince and tatties, Spag Bog are great and so called offal Liver and Onions and mash, Steak and Kidney pudding, Black Pudding the list goes on.
Me thinks best not to think aboutIt, just enjoy It thumbs

@greg wrote:
as long as it tastes ok i dont give a rats what it looks like nowadays there are that many hoopps for food companys to jump through the chances of it doin you any harm is very very slim

Exactly what I was telling Elvis and Lord Lucan only last week. You can't possibly believe that food companies are operating with your interests at heart Greg. What about those German eggs recently? And wasn't there a chap near us who got jailed for selling rancid chicken scrap to a number of food manufacturers? Etc etc...... Smile

did the pipe work for Findus and believe me you dont wanna know ,
in fact most food places that i have been to are the same ,,,,.

do yoursen a favour, just dont think about it ,

in anyways youve been eating the stuff for years already ,
hahahhahahahahahahah

Guest Guest
@Baby B wrote:
true mate! homecooked food wins everytime but as u say sometimes needs must! i try to cook large amounts of chilis,stews,curries etc n freeze portions so can eat whenever thumbs

Amen!

I don't eat ready meals. I prefer morrisons burgers to birds eye ones, never seen so much lard come out of a burger as I did with the birds eye ones, you'd think for a brand, they'd be better.

Funny thing is you say that about mince but you seen what goes in sausages (the cheaper the nastier the contents my mate worked for Turners and he said they blast the carcass and sweep it up); black pudding; faggots........ any of the stuff that MEN like to fry n eat? Laughing

@greg wrote:

Exactly what I was telling Elvis and Lord Lucan only last week. You can't possibly believe that food companies are operating with your interests at heart Greg. What about those German eggs recently? And wasn't there a chap near us who got jailed for selling rancid chicken scrap to a number of food manufacturers? Etc etc...... Smile

fair enough but thanks to the americans we now live a sue me sue you society so i shall carry on enjoying my food and get a great pay out if it does me any harm ..... win win situation ! thumbs

i used to work in a meat pie factory years ago and to be fair Birdseye had the best quality ingredients out of all of them.there were no real horror stories just cheaper cuts of meat used by some.

NoZ wrote:
........ any of the stuff that MEN like to fry n eat? Laughing

I have you know I don't fry any of that crap ......Sadie does it for me.