Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suzukijax

Peed off

My hubby has just got in from work and told me he has had the sack no warnings falling out or telling off just been told customers have complained about him but this is the first anyone has heard about it he has only worked there for 7 months so doubt we can do a bloody thing about it SadSad

w.t.f hate shit employers,hope he finds something else soon

Sorry to hear it, really not a nice thing to happen, unfortunately you are correct, not much you can do after only 7 months. I hope something turns up for him

Surely they have to have proof in writing, lets face it anyone can say that they have had complaints about someone, go and see the C,A,B, and see what they say. Sorry for the news.

sorry to hear that,prob just an excuse to get shot of him in these tough times,i hope things work out for you both.

if people could be sacked just like that because of customer complaints about them then my ex-boss should be well gone. i think they have to give you verbal and written warnings first

Only grounds for instant dismissal are gross misconduct eg grabbing someone's tits, violence or theft. Speak to someone like ACAS before you write this one off. There should have been a discplinary procedure which clearly hasn't been followed. Smile

Only grounds for instant dismissal are gross misconduct eg grabbing someone's tits

you mean that's not allowed. damn it fofl

sorry to hear that. sounds like the boss needs sorting for just sacking on complaints. hope he finds a job real soon thou

what does he do and what were the complaints about ;surely the boss should of investigated the complaints

There were no complaints the boss said it for an excuse he also said hubby was unhappy in his work so its best all round Shocked
He worked at a car scrappers

Sorry to hear this news, did I misunderstand that your husband's boss has said that a coumster had complained about you husband however; the boss then said that no one had complained and the boss just want to get rid of your husband!

Ok if that is the case then your husband may have ground to try for unfair dismissal.
If your were in Leicester I could point you to a good solicitors firm that deals with employment matters. The best thing is go to your local solicitor that runs a free one hour clinic and give them your side of it all, they should be able to help.

However; beware that it’s becoming harder to take an employer to tribunal “that’s thanks to the new Tory led government”

All the best.

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect

His boss has no proof that any of the customers have complained but the other workers there have said he has done this before. Hubby is at the job centre now getting advice.
Just like to say a big thanks to you all for your help and advice thumbs

I agree, you can not just boot someone out now, there should be a verbal warning followed by a letter for the second and the third letter would be the sack,
you might be able to get one of those no cure no pay companys to take it up for you,
you might as well get any cash you can out of it, as you will not be earning untill you get another job.
Keith

@suzukijax wrote:
My hubby has just got in from work and told me he has had the sack no warnings falling out or telling off just been told customers have complained about him but this is the first anyone has heard about it he has only worked there for 7 months so doubt we can do a bloody thing about it SadSad

@suzukijax wrote:
His boss has no proof that any of the customers have complained but the other workers there have said he has done this before. Hubby is at the job centre now getting advice.
Just like to say a big thanks to you all for your help and advice thumbs
No worries Jax give him all the best from me thumbs

I'll post again for the 5th time Smile

Sorry to hear this Jax, like has been said, a verbal 1st etc, can't just sack somebody like this, especially if it's only a 1 sided story from the manager, thinking of yers in these hard times.

As has been said. I'm pretty sure he can't just get rid like that, you really should look into this further, doesn't sound like a good place to work but you may be able to get compensation, worth a try - hope he gets sorted soon thumbs