Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sparky

Gone to bike heaven

Sorry not been on for a while been busy at my new job well the rf is no more has an 81 year old woman pull across my path and I couldn't get her stopped in time I hit her and left the bike now am nursing a compound fracture to my foot/ankle and a lot of sore joint but the bikes a write off at 81 she shouldn't have been riding I wanted to use alot of foul language is the rf wasn't just a bike to me but kept language out as not to offend

Very pleased your here to tell the tale.. Very Happy
So sorry about the bike. Sad
Its difficult because no one wants to be told to hang up their keys but she could have killed you. thumb down
should she be prosecuted or just a life ban ? scratch

sorry to hear that mate, and she was riding what? a motorcycle? i can imaghine a 81 year old on a busa Laughing

@Grumpyowl wrote:
Very pleased your here to tell the tale.. Very Happy
So sorry about the bike. Sad
Its difficult because no one wants to be told to hang up their keys but she could have killed you. thumb down
should she be prosecuted or just a life ban ? scratch

To be fair they should make u take a refresher once u hit a certain age how she didn't see or hear me is beyond me

sorry to hear that mate, and she was riding what? a motorcycle? i can imaghine a 81 year old on a busa Laughing
I can't even remember what she was driving all I know it was red and it hurt like hell and I now have a black foot pint

jesus thats a pisser mate,glad your relatively ok though.
81 or not i hope you going to take her to the cleaners, keep us updated.

I def am taking the to the cleaners I can't work I can't walk and I'm without my beloved rf900

Hey glad to hear from ya Sparky glad your ok, sorry for your loss of ride, but hey your still here and thats what matters Very Happythumbs

@sparky wrote:
I can't even remember what she was driving all I know it was red and it hurt like hell and I now have a black foot pint

Bugger your luck, Lenny Henry's got two! Main thing is you're OK mate, best of luck for a successful claim in due course. Smile

old tw;t makes my blood boil they should give their licences up at 70 or pass a test every year thumbs

What a bummer there's summut about a bike that makes it personal, never had that with a car

old tw;t makes my blood boil they should give their licences up at 70 or pass a test every year thumbs

yeah I really think they should at least have to do some kind of refresher test when they get to 70 or something

another things that boils my blood is that so many oldies have nearly driven into the back of me at junctions 'cause they can barely see over the dashboard

gah!

Thanks for all your support my previous forum which I left is taking the micheal well bikes getting picked up Wednesday for insurance to asses but it's beyond repair will get some picks when I see it thanks again guys

glad to hear from ya sparky,least your still with us thumbs

hope ya back on two wheels soon thumbs

my gran whose 96 used to have two cushions to see over the dashboard Shocked she wouldnt give up driving even with all the crashes she kept having so when she went for a hip op my uncle said enoughs enough and sold her car,job done thumbs .

Sry to hear u got knocked off m8, glad u are relatively in one piece, real sad when the bike goes west, Sad

Sorry to hear this mate, hope you get it all sorted okay