Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stue11

Looking for a B12

As most of you know im bikeless at the mo Sad and im in the middle of saving for my new ride, ive finally decided to go for a B12 naked prefered, im hoping to have at least 2200 saved by the middle of may as i dont like to spend and cant afford anything to expensive, so if anyone comes accross anything or knows of anyone selling one let me know, ive noticed diving through all the ad traders and flebay etc etc you can pick a decent example for that kind a dough so it would be greatly appreciated if anyone finds me one thumbs idealy i dont want one thats been to the moon and back, and what sort of mileage are these beasts good for, thanks in advance to all Very Happythumbs ps i need to get one b4 our annual ride out Very Happythumbs

I've been toying with the idea of bringing mine back from Spain to sell it, but won't be for quite some time I reckon. Mileage-properly looked after 100k is easy enough, more likely to suffer damage from stunting I'd say. Head bearings & forks will soon go off if someone fancies themselves as a wheelie king. No real gremlins in them, if it looks right & sounds right, chances are it is right. Smile

Just Pxd mine got as much px as i expected to sell it private for.
(quite a bit more than you wanted to pay Stu but minter)
Good low mileage clean bikes are holding there money.
(will get me new bike next week I hope so piccies when)

I think there may soon be a shortage of goodens for this reason.

The Japan disaster is causing a shortage of parts last week honda uk cutting production by half and nissan sunderland going on short time and my new ford company car i've been told could be 20 weeks.
So IMO bikes will get affected too and good used will be at a premiun so get your money together ASAP and don't hang around. thumbs

It's made my day Dave-I've got a 98 B12 with only 10k miles on it so I'd best get polishing Very Happy

Will keep my eye open stu,
A gud mark 1 is defo commanding a gud price and certainly appreciating now especially if they are bog standard.

There was a few nice ones on ebay stue,low milage looked to be in good nick,but cant see any now

think you will find mk1 1200 are always in demand,so if ya do see one, go get it there not around for long thumbs

good luck with finding ya next bike thumbs

Just stumbled upon a mint maroon Mk2 1200 (the best one! hideLaughingLaughing )....its in Martyns Breakers just down the road from me.....its a mates of the guy who runs the place, he's selling it because his garage is getting overcrowded..... '02 plate I think, 10k miles, never seen the rain, good tyres, completely standard, standard exhaust, even still got the fender extender on the rear mudguard! Didn't have time for a really good look around it but it looks immaculate ........ and if the guy can be believed its never seen the rain, been serviced regular, the owner is a "steady rider" and looks after all his bikes. He's looking for £2500 for it, he didn't know if the owner would come down anymore.

Trev

Take your time looking mate-looks like I'll be riding mine back from Spain to sell later this year if I buy this VFR800 I'm planning viewing. Very Happy

half scum steve i think his name was has a smart one for sale on the bandit forum Wink

Guest Guest

Took me close to 9 months of looking and emailing/ringing sellers all over the country to find a standard MK1 B1200 under £2.5k with under 20k miles that was not a shed (well I hope its not a shed fofl).

If you see a good one grab it, loads of times while riding for a second viewing of a bike they were sold head bang

Yeah I took Robs advice and waited till a decent MK1 B12 turned up, no rush m8 you keep on looking thumbs

Cheers Dave but i wont have that sort of money untill end of may Sad i only have 1500 at the mo Sad

@Davehutch wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
Cheers Dave but i wont have that sort of money untill end of may Sad i only have 1500 at the mo Sad
but isn't that up for £1400 confused
Unless im going blind Laughing i thought it said 2500 Sad

@Davehutch wrote:
the one posted up by "John Merrett"
Embarassed oh yea Laughing think im gonna save a bit longer, i want to get one with less miles thumbs keep forgetting to look on there Laughing cheers Dave much appreciated thumbs

Saying that should i be worried about mileage so much or is it just me scratch

@Stue11 wrote:
Saying that should i be worried about mileage so much or is it just me scratch
I know some bandits that have done 100,000 and still going ok, But your right think you could find one with less thumbs

Cheers Dave, i really appreciate everyones input on this thread it means a lot cheers all, end of may and ile be ready, fingers crossed thumbs

Just spoke to him on the phone and hes gonna let the auction run, he reckons someones offerd him 1400 without mot... when i then said go for it he didnt know what to say Very Happythumbs bit of a knob head if you ask me Laughing

looks tidy stu,though i would prefer a blank canvas to put my own stamp on it,as to lumpy hmmm im sure the b12 folks will let you know could be carbs ,fuelling issue scratch but yeah shes tidy thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Just spoke to him on the phone and hes gonna let the auction run, he reckons someones offerd him 1400 without mot... when i then said go for it he didnt know what to say Very Happythumbs bit of a knob head if you ask me Laughing
let it go then m8 thumbs

Defo worth a shout Stu, would ask a few questions about the low milage and the power figures hes quoted are way out unless its had the motor breathed on, standard bhp is around 97.
The missfire could be nothin at all and easily fixed or it could be something more serious, you would realy need to veiw if poss and give it a going over, at least ask him some direct questions about tuning and milage. thumbs

Defo worth a shout Stu, would ask a few questions about the low milage and the power figures hes quoted are way out unless its had the motor breathed on, standard bhp is around 97.
The missfire could be nothin at all and easily fixed or it could be something more serious, you would realy need to veiw if poss and give it a going over, at least ask him some direct questions about tuning and milage. thumbs
Thanks Dave and Rob as i said he just didnt give me convicing answers and when someone doesnt feed me with that then i normally stay well clear, not to worry keep an eye on this thread guys as i will post more on here in the coming weeks as i find them thumbs

Dont look to bad at all, low milage and a gud price at the mo, worth keepin an eye on, thumbs

Guest Guest

think dave one was better
your looking at a non standard bike with no history
36 for a b12 is not bad better than a bike sitting poss close to sizing getting started 5/6 times a year
but your choise your money thumbs

ps its a 1200 not a scoot lol

stue id hang on and save your money, just wait a while and see what pops up.
when i was looking for mine i kept seeing the usual crap but i hung on and mine had only done just over 9k when i bought it.
bandit engines go on forever but in my eyes the lower the mileage the better, everything has less wear on it.
hope you find one you like. just going out on mine.

thumbs