Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

I'm in Love....With a Honda

Guest Guest

My names Rose and I confess, I'm in Love with a Honda. I'm trying to fight the urge but alas I'm failing.. Laughing

I went for a test ride Yesterday on a CBF1000F and I'm smitten. How much better is the ride than the Bonnie (shhh never thought I'd say that!) No more looking for a 6th Gear, its got one.

Power delivery is smooth, braking is out of this world and corners, well don't get me started on them at least 15mph quicker than on the Bonnie.

I'm getting Old, want a bit of comfort and the lad is old enough to leave on his own. So its time for a bit of touring with wind protection and a comfy seat.

The only thing I will need to change straight away is 1" bar risers, oh and a hugger, oh and a scotoiler, and and and party

Can't fault you Rose, it's a well rated bike and it's a Honda-enough said. And yes, a fairing. I remember the first time I rode a fully faired "poncey" bike as I thought of them at the time. Revelation. Suddenly 300 miles doesn't seem nearly as scary. You won't be disappointed and that sort of bike will resell all day long. thumbs

Its in the name Honda... nuf said thumbs really happy for you Rose hope you enjoy every mile with her thumbs as for adding extras we cant resist thumbsthumbsthumbs

Guest Guest
@Grumpyowl wrote:
So what made you choose the 1000 over the CB1300?

Well one of the reasons was you can't get paniers for the 1300 and the new 1000 is a bit more stream lined. Its lighter as well which will help as I'm a short arse.

I'm nearly flat footed on it on its lowest seat height. Right from the off the power delivery is smooth, the throttle is like a hot knife through butter, its so so easy, unlike the Bonnie that no matter how carful you are can be a bit judery. Changing down, once again very smooth very easy. A Completely different ride and a much better one. Corners I'd normally take well on this one where at least 15mph faster and the lean, well just brilliant. I went on the motorway, and F***k me I twisted the throttle and looked at the speedo and was doing a ton without even realising it. It brakes just brilliantly, abs and linked braking what could be easier.

I've got another test ride on Saturday before I finaly make a decision. Dobles have given me a good price with the following add ons:

Panniers
Top box all colour matched
centre stand
Honda Heated Grips
Auxillary socket
and a good trade in price on the Bonnie as stock. I'll sell all the extras on Ebay. Wish I had done a test ride before the arrows went on a couple of weeks ago.

I can't think of much more, oh except its a detuned Fireblade and is like shit off a hot shovel..

Rose wrote:
@Grumpyowl wrote:
So what made you choose the 1000 over the CB1300?

Well one of the reasons was you can't get paniers for the 1300 and the new 1000 is a bit more stream lined. Its lighter as well which will help as I'm a short arse.

I'm nearly flat footed on it on its lowest seat height. Right from the off the power delivery is smooth, the throttle is like a hot knife through butter, its so so easy, unlike the Bonnie that no matter how carful you are can be a bit judery. Changing down, once again very smooth very easy. A Completely different ride and a much better one. Corners I'd normally take well on this one where at least 15mph faster and the lean, well just brilliant. I went on the motorway, and F***k me I twisted the throttle and looked at the speedo and was doing a ton without even realising it. It brakes just brilliantly, abs and linked braking what could be easier.

I've got another test ride on Saturday before I finaly make a decision. Dobles have given me a good price with the following add ons:

Panniers
Top box all colour matched
centre stand
Honda Heated Grips
Auxillary socket
and a good trade in price on the Bonnie as stock. I'll sell all the extras on Ebay. Wish I had done a test ride before the arrows went on a couple of weeks ago.

I can't think of much more, oh except its a detuned Fireblade and is like shit off a hot shovel..

So its just one big compromise then you dont realy like it but It'll do lol!

Only kidding It sounds like a great bike good luck with It. hope you get the deal you want and enjoy. no1

PS.
I moved from a Yamaha Thunderace in 2003 onto a brwnd new 955I centenial and the fuel injection was crap could not ride it at 30mph through town without slipping the clutch (which was a cable and bloody heavy) only cured it with a race can and remap).
Did not get on with that bike at all thought they'd improved though
obviously not.

nice bike rose,and a bit more manageble than the big 1300 thumbs

@suzukijax wrote:
Im going out on a limb here NOOOOO ITS A BLOODY HONDA Shockedthumb downNoaffraid

Yeah, reliable, sorted, superb finish & build quality. Will keep it's price better than just about any other make that's not American or Bavarian. Oh and goes well too. Give it a miss Rose Very HappyVery Happy soz Jax can't agree with any anti Honda sentiments. They rule. thumbs

Each to their own i hate them rather have a cage but like i said each to their own thumbs

Guest Guest

I'm off for another test ride this afternoon, different dealer. So far these are the extras being thrown in. I'm playing a few off against each other and the best so far is this.

Colour coded
Top box
Panniers
Centre Stand
Honda Hot Grips
Auxillary Socket
Scottoiler
Full Yrs Tax
Full tank of petrol

Same trade in price as the first dealer. thumbs

Dont blame you Rose they can afford it thumbsthumbs

Meant to come on the chatbox and ask how you got on but didn't get time. Bike sounds great, I want one! but I'm like that with all shiney bikes. Glad you liked it and would like to state for the record that I told you, you would buy one if you rode one

Guest Guest

Right the deal has been done and deposit paid. I will pick it up by the end of June.

I've got all this thrown in on the deal.

Honda Top box colour coded to the bike
Honda Matching side panniers 29Lt
Datatool Alarm Immobiliser
Tank Pad, filler cap
R&G heated grips
R&G crash protectors
R&G radiator cover
Road tax one year and first registration
Auxillary Socket
Scotoiler

This includes the fitting of these items. Everything I will need I think thumbs

Good on yer Rose. Maybe we'll see you in Spain this summer if you take it across to France? thumbs

great bike ,it is a honda!cb1000,restrained,practical,good to ride,underastimated bike,is all bikes in one really,good choice.

Bloody good deal there Rose, did you give them "the look"

Guest Guest

I'm picking up the bike at the end of the month. I went up today to sign paper and got a bloody parking ticket, well pissed off.

But hey, I'm getting a new bike party

Guest Guest

I'm picking up the bike at the end of the month. I went up today to sign paper and got a bloody parking ticket, well pissed off.

TOP BOX no way:) Watchout Rose u'll have Stue11 drooling all over it Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil

Guest Guest

He can get his own bloody top box!! Laughing

Rose wrote:

nice1 rose how did you get your ticket ?

sweet! gives me time to save for ace cafe Wink lol. so you sold the bonnie or you part exchanging

Ya top box is safe Rose Laughing bet your excited aint ya partyparty

Guest Guest
I just posted and it disapeared. Didn't see the pay and display sign, or the machine. It wasn't until we saw the ticket and looked around that we saw the machine. 30 quid if I pay within 14 days. You live and learn..

Chad, part ex and sell the extras on ebay.

Rose wrote:
I just posted and it disapeared. Didn't see the pay and display sign, or the machine. It wasn't until we saw the ticket and looked around that we saw the machine. 30 quid if I pay within 14 days. You live and learn..

Chad, part ex and sell the extras on ebay.
because you reported it to Admin for some reason Rose scratch thats why it disapeared

Rose wrote:
Didn't see the pay and display sign, or the machine. It wasn't until we saw the ticket and looked around that we saw the machine. 30 quid if I pay within 14 days. Y
and you ride a bike Shocked do you think they put the machine there after they gave you the ticket ? lol! or did you think you would get away way with it lol! it haha

Congrats on the new bike thumbsthumbs I'm debating on changing mine next year but, like all things, will have to see what the finances are doing. The weeks will pass quickly and you'll be out and about before you know it, and putting some pics on for us!?! Enjoy the bike partymbikeparty

Guest Guest
@Davehutch wrote:
Rose wrote:
Didn't see the pay and display sign, or the machine. It wasn't until we saw the ticket and looked around that we saw the machine. 30 quid if I pay within 14 days. Y
and you ride a bike Shocked do you think they put the machine there after they gave you the ticket ? lol! or did you think you would get away way with it lol! it haha

Hey I wasn't driving and hadn't been there before, unlike the person driving the car!!