Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trebor4460

maxxis rear for the Bandit.

Been up DK motorcycles tday and bagged a brand new Maxxis supersport 180/55/17 for £88 inclusive Very Happy
Was walking out when the dude behind the counter says for a tenner they would fit and balance with new valve and dispose of the old tyre free,now i fit my own tyres but for a tenner all in i snapped his hand off ...... so a big thx DK Motorcycles for excellent service. thumbs

downside is i now gotta scrub the tyre in Shocked i hate scrubbin in tyres.... o yeh and on the way home i got bloody rained and hailed on Sad and was nice to see Andy Booth and his mrs there... thumbs

bargain matey, thumbs

btw, how big is that bludy exhast! affraid

@Davehutch wrote:
Nice 1 Rob , take it easy m8 till you have scrubbed it in

Will do thx Dave, chicken strip a mile wide at the mo... Laughing

Tidy mate, maxxis are proving pritty darn good thumbs

nice one rob, agree zorst looks good to thumbsthumbs

Thinking of gettin those maxxis diamond sport tyres. A pair for £157 and a fitting for £12.

Got them on my 1250 , well pleased with them. thumbs

bikes looking good rob and sounds like you got a bargain thumbs

Done a few miles on her tday to get the tyre scrubbed in, sooooo much better riding on a new tyre with no squared off profile...
thumbs

Done a few miles on her tday to get the tyre scrubbed in, sooooo much better riding on a new tyre with no squared off profile...
thumbs
dont want no chicken stripes thumbs

Funnily enough the only tyre i had all the strips off was the crap mich Macadam, think a lot is to do with the profile of the tyre..... And the fact i ride like a pussy, fofl

Funnily enough the only tyre i had all the strips off was the crap mich Macadam, think a lot is to do with the profile of the tyre..... And the fact i ride like a pussy, fofl
Most pussys come home at night and thats all that matters thumbs

mich Macadam i had one of them everyone says they are death traps lol. you dont from the way you were ridding when we all met up mind lol thumbs

@day101 wrote:
mich Macadam i had one of them everyone says they are death traps lol. you dont from the way you were ridding when we all met up mind lol thumbs
agree i couldnt keep up with him thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Most pussys come home at night and thats all that matters thumbs

Well said m8, couldnt have put it beter myself, thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@day101 wrote:
agree i couldnt keep up with him thumbs

Daves bloody fault, i was tryin to keep up with him..... Twisted Evil

I must say, I swear by Maxxis tyres now! just ordered a new sport rear for my ZZR11 too - then decided the swingarm and rear linkages could do with a clean up and lick of fresh paint, so a tyre change has turned into complete rear end rebuild!!!

I must say, I swear by Maxxis tyres now! just ordered a new sport rear for my ZZR11 too - then decided the swingarm and rear linkages could do with a clean up and lick of fresh paint, so a tyre change has turned into complete rear end rebuild!!!

I agree m8 I've just got the maxxis diamond tourers went for a spin yesterday and I love them better than the bridgestonesmm

@haveugot1 wrote:

I agree m8 I've just got the maxxis diamond tourers went for a spin yesterday and I love them better than the bridgestonesmm
you got the diamonds as well? let me know how you get on with them as well i got them but hardly rode the bike.

@day101 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

you got the diamonds as well? let me know how you get on with them as well i got them but hardly rode the bike.

Will do m8 have put about 70miles on them and can fling the bike round a lot better than with the bridgestones thats my choice anyway. thumbs

Whats the feed back from them like the feel of them, what i read its very good and gives you alot of feeling but strange different to normal tyres.

Certainly interesting reading on this, I have Mitchelin pilot road 2's and can't fault them one bit at any speed or angle BUT certainly not the cheapest especially when i normally change both tyres at the same time. From what i've read here and have been told by a mate who has them on his Z1000 I may give them a go next time there up for replacement.

At first It felt weird like they were trying to roll over to the left and right. But after 30mls or so they just seem to dig in, I felt as though I could nearly fling it about like a sports bike and I trusted them throughly.all I can say is tey them, but on a bandit they are great.a

@Robbie wrote:
Certainly interesting reading on this, I have Mitchelin pilot road 2's and can't fault them one bit at any speed or angle BUT certainly not the cheapest especially when i normally change both tyres at the same time. From what i've read here and have been told by a mate who has them on his Z1000 I may give them a go next time there up for replacement.

These are what I have on my 12 bandit Robbie I have been really pleased with them but they're not cheap. My back tyre is about finished and having seen Haveugot1's Maxxis am tempted to try them, BUT would I be better sticking with what I know work with my bike and me scratch we'll see!

Im on my second maxxis sport now, and although the first rear only lasted 3000 i never had an arse clencher moment with it.
As with all tyres u gotta scrub em in for 100 mls or so or they will let go, Shocked
The thing is when you fit new tyres you dont want to base your opinion on gud or bad as soon as you have had em fitted, the reason i say this is because when you go from a worn out tyre, with a flattened off profile to a nice brand spanker with a nice rounded profile the tyre is gonna feel 100% better, rolling nice into corners. It kinda gives a false impresion on how good or bad a tyre is.

Anyways, goin back to the maxxis sport, it gave good grip in the dry and adequate in the wet, it is a tyre thats that easily handles my meagre riding abilities, no1 Will say though, make sure, like all tyres, that it is warmed up before any heroics.

Just about got my rear scrubbed in now and its a pleasure to ride her, love the way she just neutraly rolls into corners again, im in love with my Bandit again,

I love youI love youI love youI love you

Im on my second maxxis sport now, and although the first rear only lasted 3000 i never had an arse clencher moment with it.
As with all tyres u gotta scrub em in for 100 mls or so or they will let go, Shocked
The thing is when you fit new tyres you dont want to base your opinion on gud or bad as soon as you have had em fitted, the reason i say this is because when you go from a worn out tyre, with a flattened off profile to a nice brand spanker with a nice rounded profile the tyre is gonna feel 100% better, rolling nice into corners. It kinda gives a false impresion on how good or bad a tyre is.

Anyways, goin back to the maxxis sport, it gave good grip in the dry and adequate in the wet, it is a tyre thats that easily handles my meagre riding abilities, no1 Will say though, make sure, like all tyres, that it is warmed up before any heroics.

Just about got my rear scrubbed in now and its a pleasure to ride her, love the way she just neutraly rolls into corners again, im in love with my Bandit again,

I love youI love youI love youI love you
party Happy days party

@Robbie wrote:

These are what I have on my 12 bandit Robbie I have been really pleased with them but they're not cheap. My back tyre is about finished and having seen Haveugot1's Maxxis am tempted to try them, BUT would I be better sticking with what I know work with my bike and me scratch we'll see!
I have pilot 2 on my bandit too, and cant fault them thumbs I would go for them again when she is ready for new shoes

@Davehutch wrote:
@Robbie wrote:

I have pilot 2 on my bandit too, and cant fault them thumbs I would go for them again when she is ready for new shoes

Think I probably will Dave thumbsthumbs

Michelin Pilot Road 3 out now thumbsBUT £290 a set Shocked Hmmn, maybe grab some Pilot 2 before they run out!

Sorry Rob, bit of a thread hijackedEmbarassed BUT Robbie and Dave started it!! Rolling Eyes

No probs at all, the more posts the merrier as far as I'm concerned, thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
Sorry Rob, bit of a thread hijackedEmbarassed BUT Robbie and Dave started it!! Rolling Eyes
sorry Rob but Robbie started it lol!
Keep buying Mich thumbs it helps towards me pension WinkWinkthumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
sorry Rob but Robbie started it lol!
Keep buying Mich thumbs it helps towards me pension WinkWinkthumbs

Not long now then stue thumbs
fingerfofl the way im falling apart these days you never know affraid

For those of you who are humming and harring - I've had BT020's , Pilot road 2's , and metzeler MT 01's before I was seduced by the dark side - I mean maxxis Very Happy and from now on it's maxxis all the way thumbs

For those of you who are humming and harring - I've had BT020's , Pilot road 2's , and metzeler MT 01's before I was seduced by the dark side - I mean maxxis Very Happy and from now on it's maxxis all the way thumbs

We have a winner the best bikes run on maxxis tyres ha ha party