Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madsod

MY new BUILD

I just love playing and makeing bikes so when i had the chance to get the engine of RF rat i took it , came with cdi loom forks . carbs and lots of other parts , i had wheels new motad down pipes and a fair few other parts . a very big thanks to FAT RICH :-bd , who i brougt the frame of and a fair few other parts he has been great , still a long way to go , but one day at a time , when its built i will the pull it apart again , to paint powder coat etc , any way the back end is a zx9 kawasaki , i had to this as the frame had been cut , so now the rf has a new ass , hope you like it , well i do . i will keep you all up to date as i get on with it , good news engine runs well so this looks ok , only had it 4 weeks , so a fair bit of work , ~x( ~x(

this looks interesting gary keep us updated and plenty pics thumbs

Excellent mate im looking forward to another project thumbs

well it been going a bit slow as lots on , still the mock up on the frame is all done now , just need to weld it up . and then powder coat , and today took wheels , fork bottoms heal plates etc to powder coat , wheels and frame will be Honda orange , will get picture up when i get it back , thumbs

got the wheels back new tyres , on frame should be this week also

lik'in the wheels vry much thumbsthumbsthumbs Marlboro paint scheme would be real nice too , i aint seen a naked bike painted like that yet?

@dick65 wrote:
does the RF 9 use the same forks as the B12?
far as i can tell yes a few have put bandit forks on the rf 900 wheels are the same swingarm disc , calipers , so a good few bits , will work on both bikes , hope that help ,

yep, makes life a bit easier having so many interchangeble parts thumbs

think its a competition between you and froudy to see who can make the orangeeeeeeist bike!

As the lump is out the frame done a valve check to day im glad to say all are ok as its , a cam out job to put new in , some are close but still with in the spec from MR suzuki , party

well bit more today new stanless engine cover bolts / vin plate back on , new seals in forks and new head bearings , fork bottoms and most of the other parts on the bike are all powder coat in gloss black , done the fairing bracket rad bracket etc . engine back in next ,

MY way of get the engine in lol

and then the frame fork lift is a good tool

and then pick it up on to the ABBA stand

and then in with the forks

top yokes and fairing frame back on all powder coat , also made up new form from a template for the side of the frame , mr Suzuki put it on the frame so i put it back

gsxr 1300 shock had to grind a bit of the bottom like you do with the 1100 one on the bandit still got of ebay for £20 all in .

more next week i hope thumbs