Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

When will I be a proper ....

im think of geting a dirt bike for the winter as im pissed of with all the rain , time to move out of the UK i think thumbs

I ride through all winters, beleive me i'd rather be a big girl than be forced to endure the rain, snow and ice!

I do think the experience in all the different weathers and surfaces make you into a better all-round biker through. Certainly helped me on the way home yesterday!

thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
.....Biker ? Thats twice in a week i have been out in the rain rainrain

At your age it's not about riding in the rain. You need a bandanna and some fingerless gloves and you're all sorted mate thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
Think its got to be all through winter dave ShockedShocked
affraid sod that looks like I am always going to be a big girl then sorryfofl

well you are a lesbian dave LaughingLaughing

I ride through all winters, beleive me i'd rather be a big girl than be forced to endure the rain, snow and ice!

I do think the experience in all the different weathers and surfaces make you into a better all-round biker through. Certainly helped me on the way home yesterday!

thumbs
bet you dont have a car ?

@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
Think its got to be all through winter dave ShockedShocked
affraid sod that looks like I am always going to be a big girl then sorryfofl

agree Looks like it'll be two of us Dave. Fairweather biker and proud salutesalute

@Davehutch wrote:

thumbs
bet you dont have a car ?

Nope mate can't afford the rediculous insurance!

I'm sure there are a number of us who did our time as "real bikers" - I was a despatch rider before I joined the army and used to deliver the news videotapes from incident/interview sites to the tv studios when I lived in devon (before the days of the internet!) - including more than once during severe gales that were blowing over trees and lorries!!! Shocked - but there comes a time in life when riding in shitty weather starts to seem an unnecessary pastime so I am quite happy to join the ranks of "fair weather bikers" - except when I'm off travelling the country, where getting caught in bad weather is all part of the experience! thumbs

Hmmn, ride in all weathers, all year? Been there done that (it's called youth and no car),got no intention of going down that road again, winter is for cars end of Very Happy

ITCHY wrote:
Hmmn, ride in all weathers, all year? Been there done that (it's called youth and no car),got no intention of going down that road again, winter is for cars end of Very Happy
agree

my daughters just passed her car test shes 17 and pays just over a £1000 a year Shocked

thats steep chad, shes got a ford ka 1.3 and the insurance cost more
but guess who paid for it all? Laughing

Yep will be. Wales would be 1600 for me strange. But still ill get a gs hack. Don't matter if it gets wrecked then

ITCHY wrote:

Bang on, agree
Gotta feel sry for young drivers and insurance companies now days, my 19 year old daughter just got her own car and her ins cost me and her mother £1900... For f censored sake.... fighting

ITCHY wrote:

Bang on, agree
Gotta feel sry for young drivers and insurance companies now days, my 19 year old daughter just got her own car and her ins cost me and her mother £1900... For f censored sake.... fighting

Imaging the bandit bling you could have

ITCHY wrote:

Bang on, agree

Imaging the bandit bling you could have

Sad

Yeah would be about 3 grand for me to get insured on a flaming Saxo! thumb down

I was riding home in the pouring rain yesterday, and even though i was a wee bit cold and absolutley soaked through, i'd still rather have been on my bike than driving a car...

Yeah would be about 3 grand for me to get insured on a flaming Saxo! thumb down

I was riding home in the pouring rain yesterday, and even though i was a wee bit cold and absolutley soaked through, i'd still rather have been on my bike than driving a car...

Give it a few more winters mate and I guarrantee you won't make that statement Very Happy