Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RichardH

coloured tyres

been around for a few years now, same as car tyres that will give off coloured smoke when doing burnouts lol. Was going to get a pair in yellow when i had my old 125 lol the only thing that put me off, is the fact Tomahawk are remolds...

W.T.F. not my cup o tea ,but i would like a coloured chain one day ,

you should get a nice pair of white walls for the bandit rich Wink

A bike of mine came with red ones. Die makes them hard. Handled like shite so came straight off

I like the idea but can't help but think they can't be as safe, I'm sure Stu will be able to give us the low down on them thumbs

Was it Michelin that started producing motocross coloured tyres for the Xtreme games?

@Kenb wrote:
Was it Michelin that started producing motocross coloured tyres for the Xtreme games?

That's what I had. Bits of dog poo ]

Think it looks well on a crosser as they spend a lot of time in the air, so for photos they look good.

But never on a road bike thumb downfighting

ITCHY wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
theres only one colour for tyres .....black Smile

Where is your sense of adventure??

black sets my fairing off nicely i wouldnt want to clash Laughing

@dick65 wrote:
ITCHY wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
theres only one colour for tyres .....black Smile

Where is your sense of adventure??

black sets my fairing off nicely i wouldnt want to clash Laughing

Remember a stunt show guy had black tyres that made blue smoke when he burned out

yeah they be the kumho tyres! ( funny.. Cum Hoe tyres? ) and not just coloured smoke, but i beleive they did tyres that had a smell and taste

exactly ok for shows etc but wouldnt feel safe on the road Smile

@dick65 wrote:
exactly ok for shows etc but wouldnt feel safe on the road Smile
Perfectly safe if anything your normal road tyre has colour dye in it to make it black. no different to having blue white or pink (for dave Laughing )

Yes but wasnt there a lot of testing done back in the days which proved that coloured pigments cause the tyres to wear too quickly

@fr499y wrote:
Yes but wasnt there a lot of testing done back in the days which proved that coloured pigments cause the tyres to wear too quickly
no difference. The black just worked bit better and cheap to produce. Its all dye at the end of it all.

Remoulds are pointless budgit tyres are cheaper than remoulds. Not many companies make them anymore as its too expensive.

@day101 wrote:
Remoulds are pointless

Used to love Colway remoulds (on cars), especially the M&S tyre. Back in the day we got less returns from those than Pirellis.

As for the coloured bike remoulds, I vaguely remember them being tested by some bike mag when they came out yonks ago, I'm surprised (If it's Tomahawk) they are still going - I've never actually seen any on a bike.