Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

Chads Bandit strip down

Okay decided that as ive got a cage for the winter im going to dtrip the bike down and get it mint again.

plan is to get everything cleaned up, might drop the engine and spray that black, do all the forks, yokes, swing arm black, few more little orange bits like seat cover trip, fresh wheel tape, or if im feeling brave may polish the wheels.

generally bit of paint and a good clean then. good thing is i can use spray booths at college if i join the motorclub what i was looking into anyway so got right temp etc to spray my engine etc Smile

heres progress so far

before,

first things first mankey seat cover came off, fed up with a wer behind!

still out there now. wheels off, call back penels (was mank under there), and few bits, cant get swing arm off until ive found the axle stands thou.

hope all goes well chad,you need to get that manky BF sticker off as well Laughingthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
hope all goes well chad,you need to get that manky BF sticker off as well Laughingthumbs

well make some hutchs forum ones then lol. i could possible get a mate to make them. ill ask him prices Wink if its mate rates could get a few for forum members if dave would be up for it

@dick65 wrote:

well make some hutchs forum ones then lol. i could possible get a mate to make them. ill ask him prices Wink if its mate rates could get a few for forum members if dave would be up for it
i think Gaz has one on his B12 as well Laughing might be worth looking into that,always fancied some visor type ones thumbs

Will it ever see the road again as a runner?

Can hear the bike crying for help, someone get round there and rescue it.

@Kenb wrote:
Will it ever see the road again as a runner?

You not really having much faith there ken! No , there's an incentive for ya chad! thumbs hope all goes well!

lmao cheek. not that i havent done it before

motocross after each season they were ripped raw, even the engine.

when i was 14, i had a honda cr, in a week. i had ot down to the frame, sprayed, engine rebuilt and put back together looking spanking new.

taking my time on the bandit thou. and need bits like chain and spraockets, seat cover, rubber exhaust strap etc, and broke at min.

anyway guys some progress

took back wheel of, undertray, light, panels etc.

rear wheel was discuting as last 2 weeks of using the bike i just got it dirty as i knew it was being stripped, and i did use it every day

think i need to spray the exhaust, the stripe is where the strap was so very faded, bit of pj1 will sort that.

swing arms loosened just need to take off the dog bones, looking at swinger may powercoat it, has seen the weather, its generally clean just can see paint bubbling after abit of time.

want dinner now so called it a night to contine saturday thumbs

Take pictures of everything you remove before removal.

@Kenb wrote:
Take pictures of everything you remove before removal.

i will do cheers ken.

good thing is the bandits been apart in many secotrs before and ive got a great memory. when i did buy the bike half in a tesco bag smashed haha

nice one chad,keep the updates comeing and plenty of pics thumbs

yeah but your forgetting, bandits are made up of bits of every other suzuki so no doubt something will go somewhere else Laughing

Excellent bro keep us all updated with pics as im sure you will thumbs

Good luck with it thumbsthumbs If you get stuck I'm sure your Dad Dave knows a few lads who could help thumbsVery HappythumbsVery Happy

@dick65 wrote:

too right i would thumbs and lookforward to following this Chad

okay more progrss, tanks off, half airbox, heel plates, rear brakes, swing arm, linkages, and loads of other little bits, just need to get anouther axle stand to hold the front and i can then get front end off then drop the engine.

swing arm shaft was dry as a dry thing so was bit hard to get out, and then a bolt to the rear brake master cylinder is fecked, so ill have to take that into college to do abit of stud extracting.

yuck just filth

stop dad from damadging them, alot more there now running out of room

progress

@dick65 wrote:
great progress chad thumbs i usually use a dremel on master cylinder screws cut a slot in the screw then just screw it out you can get replacement stainless screws that look good thumbs
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-Bandit-GSXR-Master-Cylinder-Reservoir-Cap-Bolts-/350144395525?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item51863b7905

thanx mate, kais got the b6 ones hes stripped so thars sorted. and would cut a slop but can make matters worse. when at college we have stud extractors, much safer, and actually less efford as the bolt is very tight with thread lock. thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
great progress chad thumbs i usually use a dremel on master cylinder screws cut a slot in the screw then just screw it out you can get replacement stainless screws that look good thumbs
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-Bandit-GSXR-Master-Cylinder-Reservoir-Cap-Bolts-/350144395525?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item51863b7905

thanx mate, kais got the b6 ones hes stripped so thars sorted. and would cut a slop but can make matters worse. when at college we have stud extractors, much safer, and actually less efford as the bolt is very tight with thread lock. thumbs
you can use stud extractor dremel was all i had thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

fair do mate. and nah not those bolts. the big ones through the heel plate onto the cylinder to rear brake

@dick65 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

fair do mate. and nah not those bolts. the big ones through the heel plate onto the cylinder to rear brake
ahh right im with ya bro thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

ahh right im with ya bro thumbs

yeh woudnt mind except i wana spray outer and polish iner plate lol

alot of progress todaym, down to frame, loom, and engine. looms staying on as no need to come off ill still clean frame around it. and hopfully dropping engine tomorrow if ive got time. need a torx tool first thou to do so as top yokes stick to the ignition barrel

got the front and rear discs off, how tight seriously lol.

lights taken apart and put in my refurd bucket where bits that need painting and polishing go.

more stuff on the wall. but nothing else to go up so thats good.

yes its a bin, keeps them out the way

almost there

speedo off, well handing no need to come completely off as means pulling loom about, ill just take the speedo, and rev caps off for abit of polish later.

front end off

The seat in that last pic looks a bit drastic? If I were you mate I'd stick with the original thumbsfoflfofl

okay more progress, completely stripped now. engines also pout as pics dont show, but it is all loose in the last pics

Okay engine blocks painted, covers I will spray seperate at later date, but here's a couple pics

Before

After

looking good chad,silver rocker top and casings would look good thumbs

Yeh may do silver rocker, then polish covers or lee what would a quote be for middle of clutch, and two front side covers polished. No rush as engine can go in and they can come off. Oh and grab handles lol.

bit of progress got some paint

started off, wanted to protect bike better being moved about as frame, and warmer floor to sit so i carpeted the garage floor. spare carpet out lost we dont need, new as well.

also as you can see in corner engines back in but black Very Happy

forks discs lot masked

and did a coat on the forks, and that is dry, proper high gloss. not sure if it will last but worth a try.