Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

Time to make a few changes

cheers for the comments,agree about the blue flame

but it has no baffles a few rivets have fell out,and there was a repair on it which stood out like a sore thumb downLaughing

thumbsthumbs

next is the nikko gpack off santa,then dynojet in the new year from wifey thumbs

Made a start today with the jet kit removed the tank,air filter side panels seat other bits and bobs Smile

Not much room to get the carbs out

the invoice in the service pack is true for the carb work someone has been messing,look at this pipe

things been ripped then just shoved back on so that will need replacing

And the carbs, not stripped them yet as the float bowl screws are like cheese
so will need to bring me good screwdrivers
home from work

Thats it for now will update when I do some more thumbsthumbs

Not sure if you have already done it Lee but while the carbs are off it might be worth putting some extension lines on the vacuum take off stubbs cos they are a right pain to get at under the choke slide.
The bike's looking great and be interesting to see the difference with the jet kit thumbsthumbs

Not sure if you have already done it Lee but while the carbs are off it might be worth putting some extension lines on the vacuum take off stubbs cos they are a right pain to get at under the choke slide.
The bike's looking great and be interesting to see the difference with the jet kit thumbsthumbs

That's what I did to my 1200k2. Made it a lot easier then when fitting the carb balancer.

will replace the screws and make some extension lines thumbsthumbs

did notice how tooked away they are must be a right bitch to get to

@lee wrote:

Should of bought a MK1 lee dont get that problem hidefoflfofl

IN BLACK fofl

@haveugot1 wrote:
@lee wrote:

IN BLACK fofl
you need a b king mark in black you know you want one think of all the mods you could do thumbs

[quote="stantheman"]

@haveugot1 wrote:
@lee wrote:

IN BLACK fofl
you need a b king mark in black you know you want one think of all the mods you could do thumbs [/quote

Would like a Z1000 stan see how far i can bend the missus arm thumbs

Done a bit today,seems ages since I took the carbs off Laughing

started fitting the jet kit one carb at a time thumbs

took the top off the first,notice the little oring at the top be sure not to loose this if ya doing ya carbs

then remove the diaphram

Then remvove the needle and all the parts washer and spring to be reused I lost the first spring but theres new ones in the kit

see the difference in the needles dj needle closest in the pic

pic of all the bits together with the spring can see how easy it is to loose bits Laughing

new slide springs dj spring being shorter

inside the carb

checking the slide moves freely after new parts are fitted

next was to change the main jets,mainjet being pointed out

pic of the standard main jet and the dj mainjet

Thats it for now need to set float height
and make the vac exstensions before the carbs go back on will update soon thumbs

finished the carbs off ready to be installed

I think seeing all the bikes at j&s at the weekend gave me a kick up the arse to get it done Laughing

anyway had to get a mate to help setting the float heights,was awkward trying to hold the carbs at 45 degrees trying to set them sorry no pics

dynojet instructions say turn them upside down to set them but thats wrong shake finger

anyway float heights set and new allen key head bolts fitted to replace the suzuki cheese screws

just pointing out the af mixture screws,these need to be reset when fitting jet kit

so next up was to make some carb vac exstensions will make life easier for balance the carbs

found these little shut off valves to go on the ends of the vac pipes only need 3
4th is easy enough to get to

Thats it can refit the carbs saturday after work then get it running balance the carbs up and make any final adjustments before dyno run thumbsthumbs

well after start to the day got round to finishing the bike off

so fuel supply all rigged up,let the carbs prime and she burst back to life Very Happy

let the bike warm up and notice a big difference just in throttle responce straight away Very Happy

time to sync the carbs now vac gauges all rigged up

[img][/img]

hers a pic of where they were at

[img][/img]

Few tweeks here and there Smile

[img][/img]

couple of more little tweeks,this was the best I could set them to

[img][/img]

all built up now ready for a clean and mot
oh and oil and filter change,put new plugs in this morning

[img][/img]

Took it out for a road test massive Smile factor all the way pulls like a train,no rough running low down very slight stumble around 5000 rpm dyno time and few more tweeks should sort that

I read quite alot on installing the dynojet kits to the bandit and there seems to be alot of negative comments they dont dial in right ect ect

to me I would say take it with a pinch of salt what you read

I know I wont see properly How the bikes performing till dyno time,but first impressions Im well happy with how its running big improvement

for balanceing ya carbs follow this vid of trebor,ya wont go wrong

nice job lee, deffo recommend dyno time for final set up well worth the money.think i will need a stage 1 kit in the zed too.

Well done Lee
I gave up after just putting pillion footpegs on. Too dam cold in the garage.

Lee Who are you going to, to get it dyno'd ?

I was taking mine to CMC Claycross but have been told Swinton Motorcycle Rotherham are good

Jim.

@Grumpyowl wrote:
Lee Who are you going to, to get it dyno'd ?

I was taking mine to CMC Claycross but have been told Swinton Motorcycle Rotherham are good

Jim.

swinton motorcycles thumbs one of the guys there looks after a few race bikes and knows his stuff

Thanks for the comments/replys all thumbs

Great job Lee and a brill write up! thumbsthumbs Where did you get the little shut off valves for the vacuum extension lines? they are CoolCoolCool

Great job Lee and a brill write up! thumbsthumbs Where did you get the little shut off valves for the vacuum extension lines? they are CoolCoolCool
Had the valves laying around,think they were for a fish tank I had thumbs Theres similar ones on ebay thumbs