Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cpt_pants

Your first record

I had a look through old posts and couldn't find anything. So if this has been done before I appologise.

I was Ironing last night (dont tell anyone) and had my ipod on shuffle. I have over 1000 songs on there, so I dont get to listen to a lot of them. However the first record I ever bought played and brought back some memories.

Now this will show your age, what was the first record you ever bought. for the younger members the first track you downloaded.

Mine was Gordon is a moron by Jilted John.

lol whats an i pod i still use seperates with a turntable though i do have a marantz cd player all bi wired to a pair of huge castle windsor floor standers ahhh glorious.chad yer too young m8 Smile
first record Rush 2112 and i still play it thumbs jilted john evolved into john shuttleworth thumbs

funnily enough weve got an ipod docking station /cd/radio but i havent got an ipod yet

[quote="Davehutchyoutube.com/watch?v=UWa7V17n2no this was mine affraid But we didn't know then did we Shocked [/quote]

That made me Laugh.

I leave silver wellies in the porch at halloween to keep the little chavs away fighting

I was 6 and bought it of bury market

Brian and Michael -Matchstalk men and matchstalk cats and dogs

Haha Dave that did make me laugh although i would have thought yours would have been this one......

My first record was........

@Stue11 wrote:
Mine was Yazz the only way is up vinly offcourse Embarassed

you cant beat vinyl m8 i got a shed full and still play it thumbsthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
World of John Mayall on Decca Records price 19s/11d Shocked

john mayalls blues breakers alan? thumbs

The very same mate, featuring Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Aynsley Dunbar, Mick Fleetwood-the list is endless Smile

@dick65 wrote:

The very same mate, featuring Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Aynsley Dunbar, Mick Fleetwood-the list is endless Smile

you got taste m8 thumbs

I cant remember Shocked but I remember the record player was in like a long brown cabinet Shocked

@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
I cant remember Shocked but I remember the record player was in like a long brown cabinet Shocked
and you could stack a few up thumbs
thats the one dave thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
i remember the old mono things with shellac 78s not mine parents,ive got a technics deck from 1979 in full working order and sounds fantastic thumbs

Hmmm, 1978, singles with a big hole in the middle that you had to put a plastic clip in so it would sit on your mono record player.....

Sweet - Love is like oxygen. In my defence your honour, I was still in single digit years and it was less embarrassing than the second single that I bought that year - Sarah "silver catsuit" Brightman.

@dick65 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
i remember the old mono things with shellac 78s not mine parents,ive got a technics deck from 1979 in full working order and sounds fantastic thumbs
first seperates system I had was technics very nice thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

you got taste m8 thumbs

My wife likes to think so Laughing

One of the top tracks from the album (it was a compilation)

@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
thats the one dave thumbs
radio gram thumbs

I think I noticed that in the corner of your front room at the BBQ. Still in good nick if i remember rightly.

@dick65 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

you got taste m8 thumbs

My wife likes to think so Laughing

One of the top tracks from the album (it was a compilation)

lol excellent m8 ive got blues from laurel canyon a mono copy and sounds better than some stereo mixes thumbs

And of course Peter Green went on to make this with the Mac-the absolute best white blues ever IMHO thumbs

And of course Peter Green went on to make this with the Mac-the absolute best white blues ever IMHO thumbs

The radio gram now here's a tale i came home from the pub one night as my wifes father ran it at the time , and my Mum keept a vase and a table cloth on it , well i was so pissed i took the vase of , and then got under the cloth with sod all on and went to sleeep , my MUM came out of bed and had a right old go at me , , i don't drink sod all now just 2 pint's over xmas bouncebounce

It wasn't that long ago when TVs had a tree wrapped around them. now they are as thin as credit cards. Still 300 chanels as apposed to 3. but still nothing on

does anyone remember them little stickers you got to pop on the radio dial when all the bbc stations changed frequencies in the late 70's.

@jezza wrote:
does anyone remember them little stickers you got to pop on the radio dial when all the bbc stations changed frequencies in the late 70's.
yes thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@jezza wrote:
yes thumbs
and me

If I remember right you could listen to the local fire stations radio's on the old radios to think it was vhf

lol my aunty worked for EMI and used to give us promo stuff like osmonds posters ect Shocked which went down well with the local chicks Twisted Evil