Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stantheman

honda hornet

ive got the chance of buying a honda hornet 600 its a 2001 51 plate with 9.500 miles one owner from new hugger crash bungs carbon can fsh and i know the owner now can anyone tell me what its worth oh its been sorned for 2 years and needs a battery but is in good cond

it does sound a good bike and like all bikes when buying what would you like to pay i would say low £1,600 up to say £2,000 may be a bit more but its what you want to pay , and thats not much if we can get away with it , best of luck thumbs

i would reckon £1,700 stan thumbs can you get some pics up m8 and we'll have a look thumbs

I don't know but from what you describe its' got to be worth £2k and anything less it's sounds like a bargain too good to miss. thumbs

@Grumpyowl wrote:
I don't know but from what you describe its' got to be worth £2k and anything less it's sounds like a bargain too good to miss. thumbs

agree

I've owned 24 Hornets Embarassed great bikes.I used to buy them,tidy em up and sell them on.
Id say with no T&T (probably just a case of taking it for one tbh).You get the newer shape 03's for £2000 with that mileage.
This time of year to sell i'd pay £1200.For yourself to use £1500 ish if its nice would be a fair price for both of you.
Any less and you have a bargain thumbs

Between 12 and 1500 bucks baring in mind its been off road for 2yrs the carbs are gona need cleaned out and set up again...there's a few hundred quid in that alone bonus if you can do it yourself thumbs nice bike hornets oh and the earlier model 918 and 929 fire blade engine slots straight into the frame with virtually no mods.... thumbsthumbsthumbs

well ive bought it it only has 7.800miles on it when ive looked and its got adjustable rear sets as well it also came with all the standard bits and a pair of quality paddock stands its got twin chrome dominators as well thumbs

well ive bought it it only has 7.800miles on it when ive looked and its got adjustable rear sets as well it also came with all the standard bits and a pair of quality paddock stands its got twin chrome dominators as well thumbs
thumbs

thats good stan enjoy it matey thumbs and get some pics up Smile

Well done Stan.I would'nt be suprised if it dont fire up with a new battery without stripping the carbs thumbs

stan when you get it started put redex one shot in the tank that'll clear any crap out m8 thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
stan when you get it started put redex one shot in the tank that'll clear any crap out m8 thumbs
cheers dick ill get some just gonna put battery on now thumbs

just ordered a set of stainless allen bolts for it as the original ones look a bit rough theres 280 bolts in the kit not bad for £12 delivered

@Grumpyowl wrote:
Looks good would look better with a big single chrome headlight IMO thumbs
i agree but it came with these ones and the ex owner cant find the single one

got the back wheel down to 800 grit will take it to 1200 tomorrow night then polish till its like my bandit ones thumbs also came across some home made cider in the garage not the first batch which was like battery acid this ones made from apple juice in cartons and its drinkable although flat it tastes like wine drunken