Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

yzf750

is this worth it.

1993 yamaha yzf750. 35k miles, clean bike, pain apprently is okay but few nick naks. tax and test till july. £700 for me

looking at the picture's i would say yes if the motor is good . partyparty

really cracking bike chad for £700 nicker thumbs i prefer the white ones but that looks tidy m8 Smile

35k, almost 36 he said.

and dick id have to re-spray it. chain the tail. and poss race rep etc.

@dick65 wrote:
can you not leave owt standard chad Laughingthumbs

of course not. also looking at r1 race fairing and putting a little projector lamp with hold in fairing but maybe thats a bit extreme haha

@dick65 wrote:
all that needs is a seat cowl thumbs

no well square then, rear lights are fugly deffo a tail change, race fairing i reckon, no pillions but oh well. shorter levers, preload adjusters, and maybe paint change or just rep it in black. oh and a black double bubble screen.

Good bike chad, i had the 400 nc24 and they were bomb proof. thumbs

Got the stickers m8 cheers thumbs

hes 18 miles from me. this is his pm he sent me when i asked for more details

Basic summary is: Tax & Mot to end July 2012. Either 35k or 36k miles. Nothing needs doing to it at present as i was using it for a daily ride to/from work and it rode ok without any major issues or safety concerns. However, if money allowed and if I were to keep it, my list of jobs would include: check the front brake discs as brake lever pulsates on soft braking and it feels like a disc is warped; the paint isn't great, but looks ok from a distance; front seals do not leak, but there was slight misting on stanchion 6 months back, but it never leaked. Would still replace them at some point for peace of mind; slight cam chain rattle when cold and idling less than 1200rpm (common for most bikes); one exhaust stud has snapped and needs replacing. There is ample stud on show and I have just bought some ratchet stud removers, but no time or inclination to sort it yet as it does not blow; couple of dints on tank as I bought new tank instead of spraying the yellow one. The seller of the tank failed to wrap it suitably when posting it; One of the fans gives a whiney noise when on. I only found this out on one of my rare trips to London as my daily commute never gets the bike warm/hot being just 4 miles away!

In summary, it's a £700 750cc sports bike which starts without any problems (I never use choke and let it warm up before taking it above 4k rpm) with just under 7 months MOT and tax. Good tyres, chain is fine and without tight spots, recent new oil, filter, spark plugs and K&N air filter, new mirrors and a new battery. All electrics work and fuel warning light operates as it should.

I would offer to ride over to you, but my wife is in hospital and I am home with our kids (unpaid leave - hence needing some cash asap!).

If I get a chance over the weekend, I will get some more pics done for you if there is anything specific you want to look at?

End of the day, I am not giving up biking and will be totally honest about the bike as I will continue to use the forum, so any questions will get an honest reply.

Cheers

Richard

might go view it. hes also got a front paddock stand for sale for £5 Smile bargain.

and with £800 left ill chaing tsail, wavey discs, screen, and sort paint if it is that bad! thumbs

sounds alright that chad but id put the standard air filter back in they seem to run better with them, miles dont matter go on condition and how its been cared for thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
sounds alright that chad but id put the standard air filter back in they seem to run better with them, miles dont matter go on condition and how its been cared for thumbs

bound to have few marks as was his commute. ill take a look cheers. insurance is £450 but ill put that to the side or as much as i can thumbs

bound to be a few marks here and there only normal on a bike that age ask if hes got the standard end can as well thumbs

looked at it today. like the tail on it actually. does need a spray but a tidy up and would be nice bike. ran nice.

so probably going to have it. just wondering does anyone know where i can get a 33bhp kit from cheaper than £130. or what sizes are.

if i can get sizes for them i can get them made. whoever funds me sizes ill buy a cookie food

looks ok that chad and to be honest I would just give it a respray if it bothers ya thumbs

needs seanmi strip down. njo engine this time. clean it up, just dirt. is a clean bike thou exept paint etc.

respray panels, looking at a high gloss black and race reping it perhaps.

fresh wheel coating in white again.

braided lines as standards looked bit aged.

sort warped disc out, maybe waveys depends whats about.

and couple little nick naks

ITCHY wrote:
cracking bike Chad and owner seems genuine, what more do you want?

nothing mate. just got a few things to do thumbs but i enjoy doing that bit

Chad buy it. If it were new you would strip it so less to lose on this one at £700. LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE AND RIDE IT.

@Kenb wrote:
Chad buy it. If it were new you would strip it so less to lose on this one at £700. LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE AND RIDE IT.

No needs a bit of a tidy up. Few tasteful bits and that's it thou.

@Kenb wrote:
agree and all the money you will save by not doing so...you can afford to save for the rideout thumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@Kenb wrote:
agree and all the money you will save by not doing so...you can afford to save for the rideout thumbsthumbs

I can do a spray job for 50,

40 for fresh powder on wheels
Needs q sport exhaust.

Brake lines are tired

And has a warped disc. So get new one, just a tidy up