Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stue11

Just heard...

. i was in the swindon one 2 weeks ago . and said at the time they will go bust , no one was buying sod all ,

As always a tradgedy for the people and their families who have lost their Jobs.

fingers crossed some can be saved a terrible sign of the times.

My new years resolution this year is to stay in work.
Feel for the staff.

you cant sponsor bsb,superbike,n god knows what else,if your house is not in order,went to big to quick,but as other poster i do feel for the workers,and there family. Sad

Thats a shame really hate hearing things like that one of my mates went bust, I know it aint like GW he only had a little tile shop, he lost everything and his house, he now lives in a council 2 bed after avin huge 4 bed drive double garage and 3/4 of an acre, he is such a great bloke and took it right on the chin people just wasn't spending money and other companies that had stuff on tick was waiting to get paid before he got his, its just a viscous circle

holy crap, bought some parts from them last week.. lucky enough i got them couple days ago :O

been there done that and escaped with me house at least but not a nice experience ;took a fare to horden yesterday and noticed david sykes superbikes is now a pizza shop Sad

Unfortunately it is the way of things. White Bros in Darlington shut down last year. Again not as big as GW, but it's one less bike shop in the area. Still got a few but most seem to deal in parts and accessories rather than actual bikes. The one's that are surviving seem to be dealing more in 2nd hand bikes than new. Maybe that's the way forward in current times?

agree with the above. Can understand how businesses go under, but not good for the staff and their families. Only been made redundant once didn't enjoy it.

another bike dealer bites the dust...things are looking grim at the moment..and to top it all i've just lost my job too..!

@steph42 wrote:
another bike dealer bites the dust...things are looking grim at the moment..and to top it all i've just lost my job too..!
Sorry to hear that Steve, hope you get something sorted soon..

@Stue11 wrote:
@steph42 wrote:
agreesorry to hear that too thumb down

@Davehutch wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
@steph42 wrote:
agreesorry to hear that too thumb down

agree with the others hope you sort things out soon, its a bummer when that happens and just after xmas as i said hope you get another job very soon steve

sorry to hear that Steve,hope you get sorted soon.its a great shame another business has gone down,but not suprised,it is very very difficult out there for businesses,big or small.costs keep rising but the prices you can charge are falling.think were gonna suffer for another couple of years at least.