Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iano

west country b&b

About 350 miles is my limit per day, partly age partly the bike, that's about all i want to do anyway so to get down to cornwall means staying the night, don't fancy camping so b&b however been told that going down that way and expecting to get a place without booking isn't a good idea in the summer.

Not particularly wanting to book in advance as it limits freedom/places a constraint - anybody got any experience of this area in summer b&b wise please?

As you already mention relying on spec can be problematic, however travelodges are an easy cheap option. dont always have breakfast available but usually a little thief close by. no1

@Neill wrote:
As you already mention relying on spec can be problematic, however travelodges are an easy cheap option. dont always have breakfast available but usually a little thief close by. no1
agreeagree just what i would say

thanks guys - well better than sleeping on the beach. Estimate away from home three nights, don't really fancy lugging masses of gear about.

advice conjures up a mental picture of me sneaking the bike up close to a travelodge window, Ie the room in question where as you would hope a b&b could offer secure parking.

Odd I didn't think of travelodges - once stayed in one with the family, we had one bedroom at the front and one at the back, hot weather, mrs and girls were kept awake by the traffic at the front and me and the boy were woken by seemingly endless deliveries during in the night at the back.

I use travelodge a lot and cant fault them for what i need, clean sheets and hot water for a shower. parking can be an issue in some city travelodges but a lot of them are in service areas which are covered by cctv, and 24hr manned Oh and if you can book 3 weeks in advance theyre really cheap

my experience (once) of TLs is the same, room fine but didn't sleep a wink because of noise.
Just spent a night in a premier Inn, very nice £30 a room but that particular one (sheffield) had no parking.

@Iano wrote:
About 350 miles is my limit per day, partly age partly the bike, that's about all i want to do anyway so to get down to cornwall means staying the night, don't fancy camping so b&b however been told that going down that way and expecting to get a place without booking isn't a good idea in the summer.

Not particularly wanting to book in advance as it limits freedom/places a constraint - anybody got any experience of this area in summer b&b wise please?

I was born down there, if I can be of assistance ie. places of interest,maybe? pm, me..
In the meantime..have a look on these sites.. thumbs

http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=seb&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=CORNWALL%20TOURIST%20BOARD%20AND%20ADVISE&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&fp=bf56d27dba7e0d1b&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1344&bih=585

http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=seb&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=bed%20and%20breakfast%20accomodation%20in%20cornwall&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&fp=bf56d27dba7e0d1b&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1344&bih=585

HATE TO DISILLUSION YOU, ---BUT DON'T THINK YER GONNA GET A * LODGE ROOM FOR THE PRICE LENNY HENRY GETS 'EM!!
--VIRTUAL MYTH. tumble weed

If you're anywhere near Plymouth the best place is the Crooked Inn, just off the A38 near Tamar Bridge. Not particularly cheap but a real characterful place with great rooms, great staff and a half decent draught scrumpy. thumbs