Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tony nitrous

UK, last 2 weeks in May ? Whats on ?

Should be back in the UK for the last two weks of May.

19th/20th to 1st of June.

Just wondered Whats on ?

Not just bike stuff.

Bringing the Mrs over (1st time in the UK)

I used to do the 3 countys Show at Malvern and the Royal Show, Shakespear at Stratford, etc but dont mind something different.

Hope to do a few days around Wales, Snowdon, Harlec, Port Mirrium, Llechwed Slate Caverns, Haye on Wye (bookshops) etc.

A few days in Cornwall. Lands End, Eden Project, Jamaica Inn, NewQuay, Port Issac (Doc Martin) etc.

Maybe a few days Going from Stone Henge, through the Cotswolds, Arlington Row / Burton on the Water up to Nottingham Castle and The Old Trip Pub.

* Several on the above list probabley wont happen........

* Not doing London / East Coast / North on this trip.....

Based in Kidderminster, If im only doing North Wales, Cornwall and Midlands (Central England) What have I missed ?

If you're visiting Nottingham Castle and haven't seen it before, prepare to be underwhelmed Shocked the Luddites burned down the original building and now it's basically a big house. If you want a pukka mediaeval castle try Warwick. But the ride up from Bourton via the Fosse is a pleasant enough bimble. thumbs
Of course in Kidderminster you're not so far from Telford country. Industrial revolution & all that jazz. Smile

Hay on wye not far from me thumbs and the Jamaica inn is awesome for all the right reasons but not for the faint hearted ShockedShockedthumbs

Warwick Castle would be good....

Notts castle if only for the great art gallery and pub below...

Hay on Wye is a favorite, never seen so many book shops !

Telford ? Iron Bridge isnt far from Kidderminster.

I used to like the Black Country Living Museum at Dudley but that was a long time a go.

I would give eden project a miss m8 one big rip off theres more expensive cafes than out else there.

its a shame you will just miss this if you go back on the 1st of june , the proper olimpicks.

http://www.olimpickgames.co.uk/

if your visiting Bourton on the water , chipping campden is worth a visit Full of thatched cottages, tea rooms , pubs etc.(only 12 miles from stratford on avon) , Thats one day sorted if you combine all three.