Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Strip down time!

Well seeing as the weather is getting better, and tax runs out end of this month on the zed, its time to dig it out and strip the KTM down Smile Not a bad start tbf! just come in for some dinner, but theres not much left of the KTM!! this was after 20 minutes of starting it..

So panel is off, cans are off for repair, repack and a polish Smile ( almost done, just come in for some dinner! ) the mudguard has been fibre glassed up so is all good, and i've patched up the headlight for now to take some eyes off the filler lol. Will get the treatment in the next few days. Oh and im going to get the wheel repaired and power coated orange Wink

Bloody hell i wish mine came apart that quick, but great to see plenty of pics thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
nice one you cant beat tinkering Laughing

I tend to break things when i tinker ask gravelrash foflfofl

Umm yeah.. just broke the rivet gun my dads had for like 30 years.. he not best pleased rofl!! On the bright side, cans are looking 10000% better, minus no rivets in the end can. One end of the FMF's are Allen bolts, whilst the other are rivets which makes it a tad easier. Got them repacked with akrapovic packing, wire wool and wire mesh ( the correct way to do these ) so hopefully they should sound a little nicer. Mudguard is fibre glassed up nicely ready for a lick of paint, and the rear panel is now repaired and also ready for a lick of paint! will grab some pictures tomoz of the progress, some decent pictures not the crap from earlier on my phone rofl

Few more pics Smile

Cans tidied up, there in my room at the moment getting a good polish. Should be able to see the blue/gold outlets hehe

oh and new rivet gun Very Happy

fibre glassed the cracked panel up and its as good and strong as new.. might blend it in, but it will be hidden by the heat proofing anyway.

Oh also slapped on a lick of paint on the screen and front mudguard so, once that dries i'll attempt to blend it in lol!

bit the bullet today, after looking into it, the mudguard is too bad to repair permanently, so went on a bit of a shopping spree on some new plastics!! fancied carbon but at £400+ for 3 pieces it was a bit too much :P Repaired the current ones and there back on the bike till the new ones turn up in 7-10 days! Laughing

Well the last pics i got of the bike with all the panels done

bye bye bike wave

Gunna miss the torque of this thing, 3rd gear, opened it up and overtook 10 vehicles in a row on a nice stretch ( clear the other way so weheyy!! )

@lee wrote:
nice looking bike that thumbs

Was a cracking bike, but not ideal for 2 up for me as I'm too damn short. Any extra weight and I'm not balanced properly with feet only just on the ground Sad shame really. No doubt it will be sold for near £4,000 by the dealer lol

@fr499y wrote:
@lee wrote:

Was a cracking bike, but not ideal for 2 up for me as I'm too damn short. Any extra weight and I'm not balanced properly with feet only just on the ground Sad shame really. No doubt it will be sold for near £4,000 by the dealer lol
ya do right mate if it dont fit no point keeping it,have fun on the new one thumbs

@lee wrote:
@fr499y wrote:
@lee wrote:

ya do right mate if it dont fit no point keeping it,have fun on the new one thumbs
agreethumbs