Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RichardH

new decals

just had an email £10+p&p for 2, they're quite big A4 long, not a bad price

If you look at my avatar, pretty much where you can see, I'm gonna take the Vstrom off and it will cover most of that area between the black plastic thing at the bottom and the first kink:D

ITCHY wrote:
If you look at my avatar, pretty much where you can see, I'm gonna take the Vstrom off and it will cover most of that area between the black plastic thing at the bottom and the first kink:D
thumbs going to have to meet up so i can see the bike thumbs

just sent the bloke a paypal payment so should get them within the week, I'll pop over when they are on Dave thumbs

Ok, put 1 on, just waiting to see if all the bubbles go before doing the other side.

Well that's it now made in England .look's good thumbs

Looks well that downpipe could do with a polish though LaughingLaughingthumbsthumbs

just had a look at it, still loads of little bubbles, if they are still there in the morning I'm gonna have to try and redo it.

I think that down pipe is well beyond polish Lee, should be able to put heat restistant paint on though?

ITCHY wrote:
just had a look at it, still loads of little bubbles, if they are still there in the morning I'm gonna have to try and redo it.

I think that down pipe is well beyond polish Lee, should be able to put heat restistant paint on though?
some of b&q bbq paint will sort that pipe thumbs

that will still polish up! mine was the same on my SV, but when i sold it, pipe looked like a mirror again Very Happy

rich to get rid to get rid of bubbles yhou cant use a hair dryer and hard bit of plastic and chase them out with the heat and pushing them to the edges

rich to get rid to get rid of bubbles yhou cant use a hair dryer and hard bit of plastic and chase them out with the heat and pushing them to the edges

i did that mate, will have another go in the morning thumbs

ITCHY wrote:

yeah if not get a pin Wink

ITCHY wrote:

yeah if not get a pin Wink

or an anglegrinder angry ( I'm not at all patient)

ITCHY wrote:
well I managed to censored that right up, just ordered another set head bang

did you put them on gradulary or flat?

I think I did it too quick and also should have warmed the area up first, also couldnt get the pannel off so it was awkward, I just posted on Vstrom forum so i can take the pannel off and make it easier.

Did you use a weak solution of soapy water ?

Spray on to area were sticker to be laid.

The water allows you to slide sticker to slide into position squeezy the bubbles out.

leave a few hours to dry job done.
thumbs

yeh did that, loads of tiny bubbles that i just cant get rid of, no matter now, not buying another set

well would you believe it, I had one decal left so thought, what is there to loose and stuck it on my tank. It went straight on, not a bubble in sight (yet). The only difference is the panels were plastic and the tank is metal but surely it shouldn't matter??

ITCHY wrote:
well would you believe it, I had one decal left so thought, what is there to loose and stuck it on my tank. It went straight on, not a bubble in sight (yet). The only difference is the panels were plastic and the tank is metal but surely it shouldn't matter??

pint
Always easier when not wearing BEER goggles
lol!