Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone else suffer from sore hands after a few miles? Bike is Mk1 Bandit 12 with Renthals and rubber grips was thinking of getting Foam grips see if that helped!

I take it you do have gloves on , if you meen vibs then big bar end weights or fill the bars with lead or what ever you can find .

@madsod wrote:
I take it you do have gloves on , if you meen vibs then big bar end weights or fill the bars with lead or what ever you can find .
agree can you still get tube snakes to put in the bars?i used to get hand cramp,but learned to relax more and no probs now thumbs

Apart fromt the obvious make sure front tyres ok ie no flat spots etc etc make sure its balanced and a good set of bar end weights...and also relax a bit more youll find it will also help thumbs

try turning the h/bars back or forward, loose bolts a tad/retighten to get a more comfy position, sounds like back might be best to get a bit of weight off your hands.

Cheers for replys lads could be a combination of needing to relax and maybe move bars will give it a shot , not out on bike as much as i'd like so maybe tense when i am thumbs

will you say how you are getting on be interested, there was a similar thread a little while ago, advice was to grip the tanks with the knees more and generally take tension off the hands.

Takes a bit of practice and adjusting but I'm sure you will get there in the end, used to have those sort of probs but now stay in the saddle for hours.

stomp grips on the tank sides can help as well thumbs

I used to get this, one of my mates said put sand in the bars, thought he was taking the p*ss but it worked, put the sand in once it's filled up, start dripping water in so it compacts together, then put the other bar end in, dont put to much water in though, then take the other bar end out check the sand is damp add a bit of sand if you need to drip a little more water do so, then put the bar end back in. Job done thumbs

I used to get this, one of my mates said put sand in the bars, thought he was taking the p*ss but it worked, put the sand in once it's filled up, start dripping water in so it compacts together, then put the other bar end in, dont put to much water in though, then take the other bar end out check the sand is damp add a bit of sand if you need to drip a little more water do so, then put the bar end back in. Job done thumbs

Funny you should say that, coz I was talkin to XS the other week and he said the same, I also thought he was having a laugh.Seems the old ways still work thumbs

ITCHY wrote:

Funny you should say that, coz I was talkin to XS the other week and he said the same, I also thought he was having a laugh.Seems the old ways still work thumbs

might try this on the sv, being a v-twin rattles a bit, may help thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@madsod wrote:
agree can you still get tube snakes to put in the bars?i used to get hand cramp,but learned to relax more and no probs now thumbs

Did'nt no you could get stuff like that might give them a go thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
@madsod wrote:

You want a go of Dicks TUBE SNAKE affraidaffraid

ITCHY wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
@madsod wrote:

You want a go of Dicks TUBE SNAKE affraidaffraid

he said them, not it, so how many snakes do you have dick? bume

ITCHY wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
No but he can play with my tube snake if he's feelin brave fofl

foflfofl I forgot you had a big snake hide

Nah! Rich, Marks just got little hands its a grass snake really hide

Ha Ha Ha cheers for more advice wont get out on bike again till weekend gonna try gripping tank more see how i get on, if no better will give that sand trick a go thumbs

Ha Ha Ha cheers for more advice wont get out on bike again till weekend gonna try gripping tank more see how i get on, if no better will give that sand trick a go thumbs
Nice one let us know how you get on thumbs

if you gonna grip the tank more id suggest stomp grips or similar,they stop you sliding about anyway keep us updated thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Nice one let us know how you get on thumbs

The sand deffo works, but there's another thing you can do, get a length of hose pipe put it through the bars get some silicon start to fill the hose pipe when the silicon starts coming out the end slowly pull the hose pipe out keep filling making sure you pull the pipe out until the pipe is out and the bars are full of silicon no vibrating through the bars thumbs