Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dirtydog

what ya reckon

you call that a budget? ive been rocking a pair of aldi boots i've had since i started riding 6 years ago! still going strong Smile look at M&P they have some RST's pretty cheap, got a pair i use with my leathers and love them, so comfy aswell Smile

If you can stretch a teeny bit more there are some TCX available from the same place:

http://www.ghostbikes.com/products/2018-tcx-s-race-motorcycle-boots.html

In a selection of neg colours though, they are OOS of black.

Or the Competizone S at Moore Speed Racing:

http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/tcx-sidi-richa-motorbike-boots/tcx-competizone-s-racing-motorcycle-boot.html

with a few quid off for the forum discount thumbs

Big fan of TCX stuff, so I may be a bit biased.

@fr499y wrote:
you call that a budget? ive been rocking a pair of aldi boots i've had since i started riding 6 years ago! still going strong Smile look at M&P they have some RST's pretty cheap, got a pair i use with my leathers and love them, so comfy aswell Smile

i thought £94 was reasonable seeing as some of the top brands can be £200 or more

@Davehutch wrote:

thanks dave will check that out later thumbs

if you can hang on for another month its the BMF show in May at Peterborough.

wont be going to the bmf show but thanks for the reply

@Macie_UK wrote:
If you can stretch a teeny bit more there are some TCX available from the same place:

http://www.ghostbikes.com/products/2018-tcx-s-race-motorcycle-boots.html

In a selection of neg colours though, they are OOS of black.

Or the Competizone S at Moore Speed Racing:

http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/tcx-sidi-richa-motorbike-boots/tcx-competizone-s-racing-motorcycle-boot.html

with a few quid off for the forum discount thumbs

Big fan of TCX stuff, so I may be a bit biased.

Sad thanks for the reply macie but my limit is £100 some good quality boots there though

for £100 im sure you will find a nice pair of boots thumbs

Personally I'd never go wk tcx again. I have some oxtar. (they rebranded a while back) they were old stock so I go em for £60 however 8 months on with little use the toe slider has come off on one side and both the ankle protectors are now poking through the questionable material on the sides. I had some lidl specials for 3 years before that with no issues. Gave em to a mate who had a 125 I want em back now

ive got alpinestars smx4 waterproof boots comfiest boots ive had,also got a pair of frank thomas gortex boots a few years old now i use them for commuting thumbs

@dirtydog wrote:
i thought £94 was reasonable seeing as some of the top brands can be £200 or more

Or £1200 in the case of Daytona Security Evo3 GPs !

@dirtydog wrote:

Buying online is always a bit hit and miss for clothing, cuz they may look nice or well bolted together, but they may fall apart or just not fit right. Out of those 2, the RSTs look better.

Ghostbikes do some sporty looking Blytz boots for 59 quid.
Sportsbikeshop do some Spada ST1s for £99.

Any of these any good? Dunno if you're near a J&S http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/shop/boots/sports.html?dir=asc&order=price

Would you buy used? I've been keeping half an eye out for some new boots as well. Alpinestars often come up on Evilbay at decent prices. Might be worth a lookee. Only thing that puts me off is the sizing. You can't try before you buy!

Look nice mate thumbsthumbs . I'd consider it, but they only go up to a 10 and I need an 11. F censored big feet Sad

Still, you know what they say about me with big feet?

Exactly, need big socks foflfoflfofl

Yeah, looks good especially in the black. I'm not a lover of coloured boots myself. Laughing

Look nice mate thumbsthumbs . I'd consider it, but they only go up to a 10 and I need an 11. F censored big feet Sad

Still, you know what they say about me with big feet?

Exactly, need big socks foflfoflfofl
Im a 12 bumeLaughingLaughing :lol:its frustrating though some size 11's fit and others dont Sad

@dirtydog wrote:
been in j&s today and tried these on but came home and ordered on line as they were £99.00 in the store lol http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/shop/boots/sports/seb094-fury-sport-boot-black-silver.html only walked round the shop in them they were comfy enough but sturdy also Frank Thomas is a well known brand so it made sense to buy them
Frank Thomas quality dog ive worn there leathers for years never had the boots though they look smart and good protection thumbs

all brand bike boots are different sizes took me ages to get a pair i was happy with thumbs

@dirtydog wrote:
been in j&s today and tried these on but came home and ordered on line as they were £99.00 in the store lol http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/shop/boots/sports/seb094-fury-sport-boot-black-silver.html only walked round the shop in them they were comfy enough but sturdy also Frank Thomas is a well known brand so it made sense to buy them

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
boots finally arrived today after a week of being messed about by the courier thumbsthumbsthumbsthumbsthumbsthumbs.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
only problem is the box is f**ked the boots are scratched not really bad but still they are damaged and the real kick in the bollo*ks theyve sent the wrong size even though the receipt theyve sent specifies a size 8 they have sent a 9 miles to big... IDIOTS
SadfightingSadthumb downSadcensoredSadsmackSadhead bangSadscratchSadtoiletSadconfusedSadsoapboxSadslapheadSad

lets just say that alex the young lady that took my order is going to wish she had stayed in bed by the time ive finished on the phone to her tommorrow fighting

@dirtydog wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
boots finally arrived today after a week of being messed about by the courier thumbsthumbsthumbsthumbsthumbsthumbs.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
only problem is the box is f**ked the boots are scratched not really bad but still they are damaged and the real kick in the bollo*ks theyve sent the wrong size even though the receipt theyve sent specifies a size 8 they have sent a 9 miles to big... IDIOTS
SadfightingSadthumb downSadcensoredSadsmackSadhead bangSadscratchSadtoiletSadconfusedSadsoapboxSadslapheadSad

lets just say that alex the young lady that took my order is going to wish she had stayed in bed by the time ive finished on the phone to her tommorrow fighting

I hear what you're saying, but may not be her fault. If she's sent the right size, which the receipt seems to say she did, its the monkeys they've got in packing/despatch that can't read have created the problem smack . Give the company a chance to rectify before going at it, it's only fair. If they can't, or won't, rectify then fightingsoapboxfightingsoapbox

[quote="BanditMike"]

@dirtydog wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hear what you're saying, but may not be her fault. If she's sent the right size, which the receipt seems to say she did, its the monkeys they've got in packing/despatch that can't read have created the problem smack . Give the company a chance to rectify before going at it, it's only fair. If they can't, or won't, rectify then fightingsoapboxfightingsoapbox

had calmed down this morning when i
spoke to js and i will admit they were very good about the whole situation not only are they collecting the damaged boots for free theyve upgraded my order to the more exspensive frank thomas kinetik boot
http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/seb100-kinetik-sport-boot-black.html
as an apollogy for messing me about although the biggest issue in this story was fedex

[quote="dirtydog"]

@dirtydog wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

spoke to js and i will admit they were very good about the whole situation not only are they collecting the damaged boots for free theyve upgraded my order to the more exspensive frank thomas kinetik boot
as an apollogy for messing me about although the biggest issue in this story was fedex
Good result then Dog thumbsthumbsthumbs

[quote="Stue11"]

@dirtydog wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

we will see what these others are like stue but yes i suppose not a bad outcome lol

[quote="dirtydog"]

@Stue11 wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:

we will see what these others are like stue but yes i suppose not a bad outcome lol
thumbs

Result all round thumbsthumbs Nice to hear about a company prepared to admit a mistake then do their best to rectify it. Nice change thumbs

been mincing round the house tonight in full leathers and..............MY NEW BOOOTS OOOOOHHHHHH YEAH thumbs
they are very comfy but i have had to remove the shin protectors out of my leathers so the boots will do up properly

my missus was calling me a sad b4ast4rd for dressing up Sad

i will remember that the next time she asks does my bum look big in this LaughingLaughing