Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Macie_UK

Cadwell getting a facelift

"As part of a drive to host BTCC, Formula 3 and GT car racing events, Cadwell Park will undergo changes.

Parts of the circuit will need to be widened in order to accomodate the cars. The site will receive a £6 million track extension, new grandstands, new pits and better dining facilities, as well as a hotel and museum.

The project will be funded by MotorSport Vision and will hopefully include an improvement to the paddock which is well below par compared to other national circuits."

Do you reckon it will ruin it? No doubt the paddock is rubbish and could do with some pit garages / electricity, but will MSV just try and make it nice and shiny, and thus bland?

I like Caldwell as it is. Not been round it yet and the narrow sections give it character I think. Less room for error yes so makes for an interesting circuit. Next you'll be telling me they're flattening te mountain.

Il reserve judgement untill it's done though. When is work to start on the track? I'd like to get a track day in before and after

i think its great imo, showing they are investing in local race tracks are brill thumbs

I love Cadwell Park, it was the first race track I ever went to, 'twas for Barry Sheene's first race after his Daytona crash in 1975. I've had a few track days there too with the Trident and Rocket 3 owners club, a focused events day both around the full circuit and a couple of Supermoto events with NORA around the "woodland section" (mountain and the first part of the straight back to the bottom of the mountain again). Being narrow in comparison to other tracks certainly makes it a challenge to overtake but compared to some hillclimbs I've done it's like a motorway!

Great news about time something was done for motorsport, and not wasting money on the Olympics hide
agree

i will be there on the 27th not been for about 15yrs or more..but as i remember it any changes to the paddock are welcome the changeing the track im not so sure about /t5627-the-27th-of-april