Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Tyres again , SORRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sportsmax qualifier's on my king , there what it came out the shop with , the rear is 200/50 ZR17 and front 120/70ZR 17, I have done 1,678 miles and think the rear will need replacing soon , Do i go for another the same on the rear and then change them to something else next time as I think the front will be ok till then , or do i go for a different pair now ??? i have always liked road piolts ,but dont think they do them that size , HELP please

Having had a couple of new bikes before I have always found that the first set of tyres always seem to wear out faster than any others.
If you are happy that the front will last for another rear then just match up.
I run Dunlop Roadsmarts on my King, with a 190 rear (supposed to help handling a bit). I always replace both front and rear together as I can't be assed to keep going back!
I have used Roadsmarts on both the King and my last bike a Bandit 1250. On the King the last set gave me about 5000 miles. On the Bandit I was getting around 7500 miles from a set. I reckon its worth the little bit extra on price for that kind of lifespan, and they are a triple compound sticky tyre too (yes I do use ALL of the tyre) so they will work well under all conditions and useage.

As you know Dave I had this dilemma myself after the first pair wore out at 1500 miles Sad
I went for the Michelin Pilot 2's but I was also considering the Dunlop roadsmarts as they were getting just as good reviews as the pilots.

I would say pick either of them and you'll be happy.

@Robbie wrote:
As you know Dave I had this dilemma myself after the first pair wore out at 1500 miles Sad
I went for the Michelin Pilot 2's but I was also considering the Dunlop roadsmarts as they were getting just as good reviews as the pilots.

I would say pick either of them and you'll be happy.
but its finding a 200 rear where i will have problems ,or i would go with road piolts

Yep you do have a little problem there as pilots only go up to 190, there is also the Michelin power pure's which are also a dual compound and they DO come in 200

CLICK ME

Thanks lads thumbs will have a good think , on the king forum they are saying that alot of them run a 190 on the rear and think its better , will have to have a good read thumbs I am happy with the tyres that are on , and i love road poilts , dont know if i want to go down the line of trying another brand confused

At the end of the day your bike and you need to be happy with your tyre's , so buy the one's you like . thumbsthumbs

@madsod wrote:
At the end of the day your bike and you need to be happy with your tyre's , so buy the one's you like . thumbsthumbs
if they done road piolts in a 200 Garry i would go with them , thats my problem , Sad

Dunlop 200's are easy enough to find, and the thread on the B King forum will help you decide that a 190 is better anyway

You can always go here:

http://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_euen/mc/
Very Happy

and find your local dealer!

If you were nearer to me it wouldn't be a problem - I know them all!! And the guy I use just gets whatever I ask him in to order.

Being a tight git I'd get 2 rears to 1 front.

Then get what you realy realy want thumbs

slap one a 190 on the back and you will notice the difference in handling straight away Smile

I would run another rear dave then change the pair

I had bridgestone on my last bike and hated them just had no confidence in them on bends Shocked

got road pilots on the 1200 and they get the big thumbs up from me thumbsthumbs

i've used a handful of different tyres

BT020
BT021
BT012ss
Dunlop D220
D218
D207e
Pilot roads
Avon VP2 Supersport
Storm 2 Ultra
Road riders

and I got to say, Avon are yet to NOT meet and exceed my expectations thumbs

The best and cheapest place nearest to me for tyres are http://www.wheelhousetyres.co.uk/ There a little over 40 miles from you Dave.
They are in Coleshill, not exactly on my door step but they beat anyone of the few other places round here.

@Robbie wrote:
The best and cheapest place nearest to me for tyres are http://www.wheelhousetyres.co.uk/
They are in Coleshill, not exactly on my door step but they beat anyone of the few other places round here.

Ebay is always worth a look, just paid £90 for a new 190/50-17, got my VP2's pair for somewhere around £170 or have a look at BCT motorcycles ( or is it BTC? i can never remember )

@fr499y wrote:
@Robbie wrote:
The best and cheapest place nearest to me for tyres are http://www.wheelhousetyres.co.uk/

Ebay is always worth a look, just paid £90 for a new 190/50-17, got my VP2's pair for somewhere around £170 or have a look at BCT motorcycles ( or is it BTC? i can never remember )

True but then you got to mess around trying to get them fitted either by yourself or a local fitter. I personally can't be arsed with that head bang
When I replaced mine back at the beginning of march I think it was they were doing free fitting on all Michelin tyres.

@Davehutch wrote:
decision make and ordered in ready for when I am, Road pilot 3's

190/55 on the rear thumbs

sounds good to me! not a fan of the pattern on the tyre but if it helps in wet then that's good Very Happy Got a Storm 2 Ultra to fit on my zed soon. I was going to ask why you went for a 55 and not a 50 but it makes sense, down size up wall, up size down wall Smile

nice! just be prepared for the king to lean with less effort thumbs !

Forget showing the tread have you got rid of the chicken stripes Very Happy