Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

About time !!

Pity it wasnt in force when that foreign lorry driver crossed the white line and killed that poor biker!!!

TheBiker46 wrote:
Pity it wasnt in force when that foreign lorry driver crossed the white line and killed that poor biker!!!

agree These things always seem to be just a bit too late angrySad

I agree with it in principle but what if your in a strange town and not sure where your going, its the easiest thing in the world to get in the wrong lane on a roundabout,especially at rush hour when your surrounded by people who are trying to get to work,and if your being followed by a cop thats £90 for not knowing where your going.Also near where i live they repainted the lane markers on two big roundabouts about a year ago and changed all the priorities and even now people still get in the wrong lane.

I have to agree with everything Bladerunner said. However, we're getting a bit excited here. These are currently proposals, although I've no doubt the fines (sic) in particular will go up. And isn't there that ridiculous "victim tax" to go on top as well? But it all comes down to enforcement. Without a plod on every corner nothing will change too much-some people are just going to get unlucky while the vast majority continue to drive like turnips and get away with it. Smile

£90 for being in the wrong lane at a roundabout? Just park plod on the northbound approach to Hobby Horse roundabout, should make about half a million per day....

@Macie_UK wrote:
£90 for being in the wrong lane at a roundabout? Just park plod on the northbound approach to Hobby Horse roundabout, should make about half a million per day....
Very HappyVery Happy

oh great, I always end up in the wrong lane when I'm somewhere new, best take my chequebook with me when I ride