Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
finger

Do you worry about your milage

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes-for-sale/searchresults/detail/Suzuki/GSX1300-B-KING/2009/_/R-NXGN-7576653

Why is it that it's only the uk that worry about the milage on bikes & cars ?

I have heard so meny time that when you take your bike to a shop to put it in part x that they will tell you it's got to much milage on it ?

My wife is from Finland & over there they have the same bikes as us, but when it comes to miles on bikes or car there not that bothered about it.

i was chatting to a fella over there with a blade and he told me that the bike had done 150000 km (that's about 93000 miles) and was still going strong so all he did was change the oil and service the bike every 4500 miles.

So was thinking

Do you worry about your milage ???????????????????????????????

we dont get the weather to worry about putting lots of miles on the bike Laughing

you say that but i have a Z750 (04) with 63000 miles on the clock & a B king (2010) with about 14000 ish on it. That i picked up 5 months old with 1100 miles on it.

But as i keep my bikes till 1, it fales the mot big time i.e my bandit 1200 with a crack in the frame one calliper working on the front & no back brake. I have started to look after my bikes now LOL

2, i bin it.

Mines good for its age 1995 done 27,000 miles that's just over a thousand a year

dont know why were so paranoid about mileage in this country, a modern bike will easily do 100,000 miles if its serviced properly.i think it stems from the days when most bikes were 2 stroke and were usually good for about 10-15k before they blow up.Last year i sold my 4 year old blade with 20k on the clock and i couldnt believe the number of people who said it was high mileage for the year,ffs its only 5k a year, what are you supposed to do buy a bike and sit and look at it for 4 years then sell it just so the next owner gets a low mileage bike.I also think that because of the weather in this country we dont ride as much as we would like to so usually when you see a high mileage bike its pretty old and knocked about so people confuse mileage with age.I bought my first blade in 2002,had it 5 years and put 45,000 miles on it and when i came to sell it the dealer didn't believe the mileage was genuine because it was in such good condition,I could put it at the side of some bikes with 10,000 on the clock and mine was in much better condition.

Too true mileage is just a number, bikes should be judged on condition and service history.

I would rather buy a high milage bike with FSH or FSH from the owner doing the work. Than one with 5k or with no record of a service history

I do all my own service work and im sure it,s as good if not better then a shop. As i will go the extra mile to make sure its right , i also don.t rev the shit out of them in the lower gear , my GSXR 1000 HAS 17,000 MILES
MY GREEN RF 900 34,000 JUST DONE 800 MILES IN 3 DAYS ON IT

And my orange RF 900 not sure as i got the lump to make the bike i was told 32,000 , all run great thumbsthumbs

i dont drive so my bikes are my transport,hence milage dont bother me both are well looked after with regular services done by myself anything major i leave to a reputable garage and i know the guy,
yamaha xj900f 1993, 46000 miles a nice shafty for the wetter months Laughing
yamaha thunderace yzf1000r 1997,just reached 32000 miles and still looks good,previous owner had it dynoed 3 years back and it put out 147 bhp so still nice and healthy and doesnt use oil like some of them do thumbs
and like madsod i dont rev the nuts off them theres no need to Smile

to be honest i do, i tend to not buy bikes with over 30k, i would if i knew the history though

Thanks all

I do all my own servicing as well.

When i was picking up the KING at a Kwak shop the sales man asked me how much i wont part x for the Z for the KING, I told him you will not give any thing for it. He asked me how much milage was on it I told him 59000 ish. he then said you mean 5,900. I give him the keys & told him to go & have a look. He came back in & told me sorry we will never sale it on with that on it.
i told him that is why i am not putting it in part x.

I jest think it is mad why it is a big thing.

I am hopping to get 120000 miles out of the same motor. oil every 4000 miles

I thing dealers like to play on the high mileage thing, although when I px'd my 2002 1200 Bandit last year the dealer still said It was high mileage at 27,500 but still gave me £2000 for it.
When I went in for the Z's first service I asked about the Bandit to which he said was only on the shop floor a couple of days before it went. He said they never even had time to prep it, although in my opinion it didn't need any "prepping"
Here's a pic after I put it back to standard, taken the night before I traded it.

That Bandit looks sweet Rob , as you have said most dealers are full of bull

As long as it has service history and mot's to boot im happy thumbsthumbs

Why is it that it's only the uk that worry about the milage on bikes & cars ?

it is the same in sweden to

@dick65 wrote:
tidy rob thumbs

Cheers and thanks too Madsod.
Who ever bought that bike got a bloody good machine. I kept it clean and tidy but I rode it as well, and quite hard on the odd occasion Wink
27,500 miles on that was nothing. I'm almost getting tearful lol.

@Robbie wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
tidy rob thumbs

Cheers and thanks too Madsod.
Who ever bought that bike got a bloody good machine. I kept it clean and tidy but I rode it as well, and quite hard on the odd occasion Wink
27,500 miles on that was nothing. I'm almost getting tearful lol.

my thunderace had 27000 on the clocks when i bought it,didnt bother me a bit the bike had been well looked after and cared for thumbsthumbs

less than 700 miles on the cbr,
just gone past the 20,000 mark on the z1000
36,000-37,000 on the NTV 650 =]

Than Bandit looks like its a credit to ya thumbs
When i buy i do look for low miles gay
Just bought a Hornet9.2003 with 5k on.Same price as a 20-30 k bike so why not.
Mind you ive bought a good few B12 MK1's in my time and really low mileage ones can run really bad.Must be a carb thing on them.

When I bought my 250 it had 54k on the clock, didn't put me off. If you give them a bit of TLC an engine can go forever I guess.

A friend of mine has a 30 year old 2 stroke Honda, he showed me the mileage and I nearly choked, he's not far off resetting the clock

there was a guy over at korider, think it was a GT250 he had, been round the clock once and was half way round again last time i checked, engine had no major work ( usual services ) and never been rebuilt! and thats a korean motorcycle! so yeah, does prove if you look after them they will look after you thumbs