Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghostrider13

He's done it again

yet again my lad pushes his bike home only he's done it proper this time. Sad Now i have to be rebuild the engine cant really blame him tho looks like the oil pump packed up and siezed it. Not too bad to do it's only about £80 for a new top end thats the beauty of a two stroke cheap to fix but this is the third engine in 2 bikes blew the first one up twice. What do you guys and gals think about throwing the oil pump away and pe-mixing? ive things for and against but would welcome your thoughts thumbs just to let you know his bike is a gilera dna 50cc

sorry to hear that,what about a 4 stroke thumbs

he desnt like 4 stroke motors they dont seem to have as much get up and go as a 2 stroke twist and go motor Very Happymoped

always used to mix mine at the pump,although i never see a 2 stroke oil dispensor anywhere now,mind i am going back a few years. he will have to carry a bottle around with him

Was quite common with TZRs to forget the oil injection pump and go down the premix route. I actually bothered to fit a new pump because I CBA with the faffing around and I'd more than likely forget about the little bottle of 2 stroke oil under the seat until just after that 'clutch in sharpish' moment after a lock up Very Happy

use to pre mix it on my gp100 Smile

every petrol station use to have the 2-stroke oil pump , then my ram air 250 Suzuki had the oil tank on the side ,brings back memories

i used to premix my vespa , the oil pump was obsolete once it went to taffspeed for some engine mods, never had a problem.

@Davehutch wrote:
every petrol station use to have the 2-stroke oil pump , then my ram air 250 Suzuki had the oil tank on the side ,brings back memories
agree takes me back

Mate pre mixes and bike plays up more he's going back to the pump I think. On a mito 125

Unless its a design fault on the bike, a pump
should be better than someone trying to carry
a bottle of oil and judging the mix at the pump.

Mate in a shop said it was quite common to
see "dry" pumps where kids had ran out,
seized the motor, THEN topped up the tank.. Laughing

How old is he ?
Move him up to a 4-stroke thats a bit bigger ?

@Davehutch wrote:
@madsod wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
agree takes me back
and i can smell it now loeve
i remember the forecourt pumps when the cashier asked how many shots of oil we used to say just one when wed really filled our two stroke tanks right up Laughing

i remember the forecourt pumps when the cashier asked how many shots of oil we used to say just one when wed really filled our two stroke tanks right up

i did this as well filled my rd 250 oil tank up
do i feel guilty no they still rip me off for a
tank of petrol