Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so abs is it a big advantage on a bike?

just wondering ive heard rumors that its not worth having and others saying its great, so what is the big deal? worth having or not? i would have though yes as it would stop you from locking up so easily. scratch

Had it on several bikes Chad and for me I wouldnt be without it. you only appreciate it when it comes in and saves your bacon. Nearly lost it on gravel washed onto the road from a bank at the side of the road. ABS kicked in and stopped the wheels from locking and losing front end.

TheBiker46 wrote:
Had it on several bikes Chad and for me I wouldnt be without it. you only appreciate it when it comes in and saves your bacon. Nearly lost it on gravel washed onto the road from a bank at the side of the road. ABS kicked in and stopped the wheels from locking and losing front end.
thumbsthumbs

thats what i would have though, when i went into the side of the car that opulled out i locked up and though would it have been a slower collision if i had abs etc

got it on mine chad gives you loads of confidence to brake hard never locked up yet touch wood bike2

you won't miss it unless you have had it! one of my bikes has 6 pot calipers with ABS and linked brakes so it stops on a dime, and doesnt lock up even at the worse cases. If you don't have ABS feather the lever if you ever lock it up Smile

any think to make the bike more safe , Has to be a good Surprised

ruins stoppies unless you pull the fuse

but on the whole its a good thing, got it on mine never had it kick in though

Had it on a Bandit I hired is Spain a couple of years ago. Too be fair it was a bit of a liability on loose gravel roads. I had very little braking power. As most of the roads were gravel where we were staying.

So I pretty much hated It. I actually pulled the fuse.

I have ABS on my baby fizzer (FZ6) Its a much more impressive system than the Bandit, It actually works.

Although I'm not completely sold on ABS on bikes. It all depends on the quality of the system fitted. thumbs

matt when your about to hit a car you jam the ancors on lol. and cool. might pay for the additional abs next then if its worth it that much then thumbs

I'd personally have it on a road bike if it was available on a model I wanted. Only ridden 2 with ABS - a Pan Euro and a Sprint ST and the Triumph was excellent.

Then again, just buy a 70s Jap bike - none of those had brakes fitted that would lock up LaughingLaughing

Then again, just buy a 70s Jap bike - none of those had brakes fitted that would lock up LaughingLaughing [/quote]

ShockedShockedLaughingLaughing

Not for me.

Lots of folk like it and it suits them.

I'm happy without it (ridden a few with)
then again, Im getting the back-torque-limiter
(slipper clutch) locked up / removed,
and think the B-mode is a total waste of time.

I like my bikes raw, minimal and simple, a challenge,
something that makes me work hard and has plenty of feed back.

Each to their own.

matt when your about to hit a car you jam the ancors on lol. and cool. might pay for the additional abs next then if its worth it that much then thumbs

Aye i mean normal riding if you ever lock it up. Chances are, ABS or not the same would happen lol

I like my bikes raw, minimal and simple, a challenge,
something that makes me work hard and has plenty of feed back.
Each to their own.

Reason why i love my zed, steel frame, plenty of torque/HP and good brakes(no lecky controlly do dahs!) on my bike for distance the ABS is a good idea thumbs