Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pusycatz

Carole Nash----Rip off Insurance..!!!!

I've had insurance from Carole Nash on my Yamaha SR125 since 30th April for the price of £121:84 so far I have paid :-

1st May £30:46
30th May £30:46
2nd July £30:46

I phoned today to cancel as I no longer own the bike and was told that they will be taking out ANOTHER £30:46 at the end of the month to which I said you can get censored

My calculation makes £122:14 for 3months insurance!!!!
I will NEVER be using the Nash scam in the future.

The joy of short term insurance. My son owns a performance car and he's been proper stiffed a time or two when taking it off the road for example. It certainly isn't confined to Carole Nash to be fair. I'd defy you to find an insurer who doesn't do it. That said, this example does sound excessive. You'd normally only pay in effect full premium if you cancelled with less than 3 months to go. Not sure what you can do about it though. Sad

The joy of short term insurance. My son owns a performance car and he's been proper stiffed a time or two when taking it off the road for example. It certainly isn't confined to Carole Nash to be fair. I'd defy you to find an insurer who doesn't do it. That said, this example does sound excessive. You'd normally only pay in effect full premium if you cancelled with less than 3 months to go. Not sure what you can do about it though. Sad

I stopped the DD with the Bank and will take it to the FSA if I have to.

@pusycatz wrote:

Good for you. I wish you bon chance

In fairness to Nashy they were brilliant in repatriating my ZZR when it shat the bed in the south of France in 2010 Smile

@pusycatz wrote:

Good for you. I wish you bon chance

In fairness to Nashy they were brilliant in repatriating my ZZR when it shat the bed in the south of France in 2010 Smile

And since then they have gone down hill BIGSTYLE....I will have to await the letter of cancellation and payment detail before I can write to the FSA and complain about my treatment from Carole Nash.

I have insured my Bandit 600cc with Hastings Direct through a comparison from Bike Trader at a price of £186.20 which includes Named Rider, Pillion cover, legal expenses and personal accident.

Carole Nash's loss.....and I made a big point of telling the lady on the phone that they have lost my custom.

Has any-one got an insurance company they would actually recommend??
I've spent 36 mins, on the phone this morning, trying to transfer from one bike to another---- spoke to 4 different people, got there in the end, but -----smaller bike..
( slightly older too) had to pay an extra-£21.40p---seen off again, but what can ya do??-----

Swinton by the way..

mce- i canceled a policy took 4 months to nget money back and they double charged me before,

swindon- all theyy did was ring me trying to sell me crap, then the policy ended and was getting 10 calls a day, i said i dont want insurance they wouldnt have it, in end threatened them with onbusman and they backed off a bit just get blooming emails now,

saying that a mate was with same company as you his bike was nicked and they are messing him around big time

@goferit wrote:

Nope. Whoever is cheapest at renewal time, they are all essentially robbing censored anyway!

@goferit wrote:
...trying to transfer from one bike to another...smaller bike..slightly older too had to pay an extra-£21.40p

Laddo went from a 2002 1000cc bike to a 2001 600cc and it upped his premium by a hundred quid or so, plus 25 quid 'admin' costs.

All the extras *used* to be included, like legal cover, changing vehicle etc but they spin it out now to find more ways to sting you.

A fine example is that Co-Op insurance will cover the van cheaper than anyone else. Unless I put sign writing on it, in which case it jumps up by an extra £1000 !!

[quote="Macie_UK"]

@goferit wrote:

Nope. Whoever is cheapest at renewal time, they are all essentially robbing censored anyway!

agreeagree

agree They are all, and I mean all, be it cars or bikes, robbing Bar Stewards, you just gotta swop every year and use the comparison sites to go for the cheapest.
And if you got any modifications....and any change from o.e. is a modification.... You best declare em all if you expect to make any type of claim.... They got us by the short and curliest ... Sad

agree They are all, and I mean all, be it cars or bikes, robbing Bar Stewards, you just gotta swop every year and use the comparison sites to go for the cheapest.
And if you got any modifications....and any change from o.e. is a modification.... You best declare em all if you expect to make any type of claim.... They got us by the short and curliest ... Sad

Problem is when you change or add anything they will try and charge you an admin fee, but if you don't and make a claim they will try not to pay out. I was told (But not sure) that if you change the paint job its supposed to be an upgrade???? and of course an admin fee is payable.