Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

Xmas Get-together/ Party

After a discussion, it has been decided that the forum will be hosting its Annual (well we did it last year Shocked ) Pre-Christmas Get-together/ Christmas Party.

It will be held in the soon to be not so sleepy town of Leominster and will be on the evening of 24th November 2012. There are a few Holiday Inn/ Travelodges in the area so accomodation shouldn't be a problem. Exact venue for the evening is yet to be finalised, but there are enough locals to assist in that particular phase of planning.

If we can get a rough idea of numbers, I'll call a few of the Holiday Inn/ Travelodges and see if we can organise a discounted rate, given numbers. Look forward to seeing you all there thumbs

We'll do the usual "Cut and Paste" list to keep the numbers current thumbsthumbs

I'll Start

Mike & Angela

After a discussion, it has been decided that the forum will be hosting its Annual (well we did it last year Shocked ) Pre-Christmas Get-together/ Christmas Party.

It will be held in the soon to be not so sleepy town of Leominster and will be on the evening of 24th November 2012. There are a few Holiday Inn/ Travelodges in the area so accomodation shouldn't be a problem. Exact venue for the evening is yet to be finalised, but there are enough locals to assist in that particular phase of planning.

If we can get a rough idea of numbers, I'll call a few of the Holiday Inn/ Travelodges and see if we can organise a discounted rate, given numbers. Look forward to seeing you all there thumbs

We'll do the usual "Cut and Paste" list to keep the numbers current thumbsthumbs

I'll Start

Mike & Angela
Dave & Mel

@Davehutch wrote:

I'll Start

Mike & Angela
Dave & Mel

Mark

Mike & Angela
Dave & Mel
Mark
Stue11
Mrsstue11
Day101
Pike37
Nina

@haveugot1 wrote:
So waht about travel lodges b&b etc, how u going down mike car or bike?

I'll be going down in the car Mark. Given the cost of the Travelodges etc, probably just book in them for one night. Will be leaving the little one at home, so just me and Angela. Waiting to see how many we get and then try and get everyone in the same place thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:

I'll be going down in the car Mark. Given the cost of the Travelodges etc, probably just book in them for one night. Will be leaving the little one at home, so just me and Angela. Waiting to see how many we get and then try and get everyone in the same place thumbs

Dont suppose u fancy a passenger and i will give you fuel money m8?

@haveugot1 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

Dont suppose u fancy a passenger and i will give you fuel money m8?

No problem mate. Hoping to get an early start down there. Will be in touch a little closer mate and get arrangements sorted. thumbs

We're 9 weeks away from this and current turn out is:

Mike & Angela
Dave & Mel
Mark
Stue11
Mrsstue11
Day101
Pike37
Nina

I know it's still a little bit away, but I would like to firm up a venue etc. With the current numbers we have I would suggest The Talbot, Leominster. Me, Angela and the little one stayed there in February and it was fine. They have a bar within the hotel, serve food as well and it is fairly central for the locals to get to. Sounds ideal to me thumbsthumbs

I would suggest that within the next 2 weeks we look to get rooms booked and firm up where we're meeting etc.

I'll try and speak to the Talbot over the weekend to see what rooms they have available for that weekend thumbs . Currently we need 2 doubles and one single, possibly two singles if Stan is joining us. I'll let people know what they say Laughing

@Davehutch wrote:
so whats the plan then ?

I think we book rooms in The Talbot and meet up in the bar for the night. It's within easy walk for Stue & Kayley, Pike & Nina and Luke and also for us given we'll be staying there Laughingthumbs They serve meals in the bar, the rooms are okay and the bar prices seem about normal. Seems the logical thing to do to me. As long as they have rooms Shockedthumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
so whats the plan then ?

I think we book rooms in The Talbot and meet up in the bar for the night. It's within easy walk for Stue & Kayley, Pike & Nina and Luke and also for us given we'll be staying there Laughingthumbs They serve meals in the bar, the rooms are okay and the bar prices seem about normal. Seems the logical thing to do to me. As long as they have rooms Shockedthumbs
thumbs

hoping to make this but depends if i can get this bike cheaper as the tax and insurance is somethin i need to consider and ive got a hold in my car exhaust now. but fingers crossed.

I'll try and speak to the Talbot over the weekend to see what rooms they have available for that weekend thumbs . Currently we need 2 doubles and one single, possibly two singles if Stan is joining us. I'll let people know what they say Laughing
the mrs will sleep on the floor Laughing

i may be up for this . thumbsthumbsthumbs could do with a good drink drinkingdrinkingdrinking and a good woman also santasanta

@madsod wrote:
i may be up for this . thumbsthumbsthumbs could do with a good drink drinkingdrinkingdrinking and a good woman also santasanta
thumbs nice one Gaz party

hoping to make this but depends if i can get this bike cheaper as the tax and insurance is somethin i need to consider and ive got a hold in my car exhaust now. but fingers crossed.
thumbs

Just looked at the website for the Talbot, says they're fully booked. but will phone and check whether that is right. Will keep you all updated thumbs

keep us updated on hotel etc, if not ive found a travel lodge 40 miles away me and james could go t9o, 2 single beds £29
for the room for the night, if not ill go back to gloustershire and stay at my mates as plan to see him as well.

Right. I've spoken to the Talbot and they have 2 double rooms and one single room (that's Me & Ang, Dave & Mel and Mark. Bit selfish I know and hope no-ones taking it the wrong way). But I think that's it. I've provisionally booked the rooms for now, and am going to call them to confirm tomorrow evening. They require a Credit Card to hold the booking, which unfortunately I don't have. So if people can call and hold, or pay. They're held under my name. thumbs

There are other B&Bs within short "strolling" distance. If people can confirm they're coming, I can try and call the others to see what availability there is.

Highgate House, Leominster, HR6 8JS
OR
Lavender House B&B, Leominster, HR6 8RS

look to be resasonably close. but I'll defer to a local if Stue or anyone else knows of them? confused

Right. I've spoken to the Talbot and they have 2 double rooms and one single room (that's Me & Ang, Dave & Mel and Mark. Bit selfish I know and hope no-ones taking it the wrong way). But I think that's it. I've provisionally booked the rooms for now, and am going to call them to confirm tomorrow evening. They require a Credit Card to hold the booking, which unfortunately I don't have. So if people can call and hold, or pay. They're held under my name. thumbs

There are other B&Bs within short "strolling" distance. If people can confirm they're coming, I can try and call the others to see what availability there is.

Highgate House, Leominster, HR6 8JS
OR
Lavender House B&B, Leominster, HR6 8RS

look to be resasonably close. but I'll defer to a local if Stue or anyone else knows of them? confused
Mel's going to book when she gets home , thanks for the text mike thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
1 double room booked , look forward to seeing you all partypintfoodblardrinkingdrunken
Tidy i aint coming now hide

foflfoflfofl only kidding im looking forward to it salutesalute

Just rang to sort mine and the reception is closed affraidaffraid Will ring in the morning thumbs

Looking forward to it thumbspartythumbs

Right i've booked a room however i've taken out a cancellation policy (can cancel up to 22 November with no charge) as I still can't confirm whether i will be there for sure , at least I have somewhere to stay if I turn up.

oh i will probably be on the bike.

Jezza

Just trying to get one the lads to cover my gritting call will find out this week. thumbs

im not booking as cant promice ill go, but sure ill find a travel lodge just before, if not mates onlu 80 miles away just drive back to him as i was going to see him on they way home and take an extra day off.

sorry to be a wally, whats the postcode of where your meeting?

im not booking as cant promice ill go, but sure ill find a travel lodge just before, if not mates onlu 80 miles away just drive back to him as i was going to see him on they way home and take an extra day off.

Hr68ny thats my code ....i can see the talbot were i live thumbsthumbs if you were staying in glos im only 35 miles approx away thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:

Hr68ny thats my code ....i can see the talbot were i live thumbsthumbs if you were staying in glos im only 35 miles approx away thumbs

okay mate, hes bit far away hes up north glos, me and james will look at travel lodge, can only afford it if we go havles, but hope to make this thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:

okay mate, hes bit far away hes up north glos, me and james will look at travel lodge, can only afford it if we go havles, but hope to make this thumbs
be good if you can m8 thumbs

start looking at travel lodges now as you may get a room for 19 quid if your lucky, we managed to get one for this price a few years back when me , lee and herb met up at santapod.

Sorry folks going to have to give it a miss can't get anybody to cover my gritting call. Sad

We probaly won't get called out but I dare not take the risk its not worth my job.

So sorry folks thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
Sorry folks going to have to give it a miss can't get anybody to cover my gritting call. Sad

We probaly won't get called out but I dare not take the risk its not worth my job.

So sorry folks thumbs

Understandable mate. Shame though, was hoping to meet up at last thumbs . Time yet. thumbsthumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:

So sorry folks thumbs
thats a shame mark Sad