Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD =| What a bike!

new engine is in and is sweet as a nut, 20k ish on the new engine, and only just over 30k on the bike itself. Carbs need balancing as its running a bit like a dog between idle and 2k rpm. Also need to fix the lacquer on the fairing ( not a big deal though ) will have to grab some better pics Laughing

Took the ace out today for the first time ( still need a few bits doing to it ) and HOLY MOTHER F*$@£%KING SH*T!! what a machine! The thing absolutely flies,

Had the same effect when I first took the ZX out after getting off the Bandit. Still getting used to it as I haven't really opened it up yet ShockedShocked I think it will be a affraidaffraidaffraid moment if I ever do

I want something that go's a bit harder.
Maybe not faster, just more horsepower.
Give me time. I'm working on it.

Had the same effect when I first took the ZX out after getting off the Bandit. Still getting used to it as I haven't really opened it up yet ShockedShocked I think it will be a affraidaffraidaffraid moment if I ever do

Im used to the power on the zed but on this it kicks in the second you twist the throttle lol and its surprisingly comfy for a sports bike Shocked

i said youd like it matt Laughing once you get the carbs balanced she'll be nice and smooth,you can see now why mine gets garaged in winter Laughingthumbsthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
i said youd like it matt Laughing once you get the carbs balanced she'll be nice and smooth,you can see now why mine gets garaged in winter Laughingthumbsthumbs

I can indeed!! that beowulf got a nice sound to it without baffles as well Laughing

i bet it does Smile im still running the stock can and its really quiet till about 6000 revs,i might be tempted by a nice hawk can though Smilethumbsthumbs

its got a slight hole in the headers so might have to buy new headers soon... might even get a full akra on it Wink

Bike looks great. Not much of a sprt bike person myself but thats more to do with the fact I would need to dent the tank so I would have a place for my gut..lol

Have fun but stay safe thumbs

Take it you like it then Smile

looks a tidy bike

i like the bike for what it is... bmw are overpriced show off bikes. I could buy one tomoz if i wanted one, i could buy a busa, but i hate them, pointless bikes for the road.

Anyway, wont be on the ace now for a while.. f****ng shitty builders at work left screws all over the place, need a new tyre now censoredcensoredcensoredcensored

@fr499y wrote:
I could buy one tomoz if i wanted one, i could buy a busa, but i hate them, pointless bikes for the road.

Not sure why you'd think that.
I've ridden both and put in serious miles with current owners.
Both great bikes and both very useable even
at legal / sensible speeds.

Yes, both total overkill as means of transport,
but both huge fun and excellent at what they do.

A 10 year old bike is still a lot of fun,
but the BMW and Busa are a huge step forward,
and the improvements are very noticeable.

Not knocking older bikes, I have an 81 and a 99,
love them both for what they are,
but the new stuff is bloody good and useable.

@fr499y wrote:

Im used to the power on the zed but on this it kicks in the second you twist the throttle lol and its surprisingly comfy for a sports bike Shocked

I got off the B12, a nice "sit up and beg" onto the ZX12, so a much bigger shock for me ShockedShocked I got the same effect on the long rides on the ZX. It's a lot more comfortable than the B12 for longer journeys, which did surprise me. Don't know whether it's the "slightly" sporty position or the fact on the ZX I'm not stretched out, or a combination of both? Either way, a nice bike to ride thumbsthumbs Enjoy the Ace thumbsTwisted EvilTwisted Evil

@fr499y wrote:
I could buy one tomoz if i wanted one, i could buy a busa, but i hate them, pointless bikes for the road.

Not sure why you'd think that.
I've ridden both and put in serious miles with current owners.
Both great bikes and both very useable even
at legal / sensible speeds.

Yes, both total overkill as means of transport,
but both huge fun and excellent at what they do.

A 10 year old bike is still a lot of fun,
but the BMW and Busa are a huge step forward,
and the improvements are very noticeable.

Not knocking older bikes, I have an 81 and a 99,
love them both for what they are,
but the new stuff is bloody good and useable.

Older sports bikes are more comfy for a start, new ones are too bent forward. I Don't see why 200BHP on a bike is very usable on the road... You can have way more fun on a bike you can use fully than a bike that every time you twist the throttle your thinking *i hope i don't get caught* Yes the new bikes are good but in my eyes its just companies showing off what they can do and competing to get the biggest most powerful bikes. Although the ace and zed both have a lot of power, there at the point of being a lot for the road, but plenty to get you out of trouble.

This could easily cause an argument but its all about opinions and that is mine Laughing

my god I read the title and thought "what monster could this be . A B-King , Busa , a ZZR 1400"......nope its a Yamaha thunder ace.

you then go on to say how much you enjoy the power and have also mentioned in previous threads how power is king, you then go onto say in this thread that Busa's are pointless for the road Laughing . How exactly are they pointless ? Can You explain Please using your vast knowledge of these bikes ?

I spose its the world according to fr499y again ,if someone don't own a 400 quid lens their camera is shite , if someone don't own a tank full of marine fish then there 50p Goldfish is shite , if someone don't own the same bike as fr499y then their bike is shite .

Stop blowing your own trumpet all the time and trying to show off its wearing a tad thin .

oh and on about opinions , I think you are an asshole always have and always will .

@jezza wrote:
my god I read the title and thought "what monster could this be . A B-King , Busa , a ZZR 1400"......nope its a Yamaha thunder ace.

you then go on to say how much you enjoy the power and have also mentioned in previous threads how power is king, you then go onto say in this thread that Busa's are pointless for the road Laughing . How exactly are they pointless ? Can You explain Please using your vast knowledge of these bikes ?

I spose its the world according to fr499y again ,if someone don't own a 400 quid lens their camera is shite , if someone don't own a tank full of marine fish then there 50p Goldfish is shite , if someone don't own the same bike as fr499y then their bike is shite .

Stop blowing your own trumpet all the time and trying to show off its wearing a tad thin .

oh and on about opinions , I think you are an asshole always have and always will .

first up i said i like a torquey bike not a full out high HP bike, read the posts and you will see.

there pointless in the fact you will never use all the power on the road unless your a reckless driving t**t.

never said anyones camera is shit, and i never said anything about goldfish being shit and only marine is good ( its a tropical! not marine for a start )

im not trying to show off at all... i thought the whole idea of the "bike pictures" section was to post pictures of um.. BIKES?

yes your entitled to your own opinion, so if you think im a asshole so be it..

What is it with you anyway... you have had it in for me pretty much from the start.. i have never said anyones stuff is shit but you seem to think i do... Or is it because i said i hate bandits ( as a opinion )?

Laughing

Some folk have strange idea's... Laughing

If a rider has any ability, there bike will (within its ability)
make as much or as little horsepower as their right hand tells it too.

My bike makes exactly as much as yours when i want it to,
the difference being I have extra on call when I require it.
As I was told long a go, they dont make bikes "too big or too powerful"
They only make riders who lack ability.

You seem keen to put down others rides ?
Perhaps I should have a go ?

Have you done 10's of thousands of miles on bikes with good USD forks ?
modern radial brakes ? fully re-mappable ECU's ? 160+hp ? 100ft/lb or torque ?
Multiple engine modes ? Back torque limiters ?
Maybe if you had, you'd realise the Chunderace is decidedly average and
quite dated.

Laughing

Some folk have strange idea's... Laughing

If a rider has any ability, there bike will (within its ability)
make as much or as little horsepower as their right hand tells it too.

My bike makes exactly as much as yours when i want it to,
the difference being I have extra on call when I require it.
As I was told long a go, they dont make bikes "too big or too powerful"
They only make riders who lack ability.

You seem keen to put down others rides ?
Perhaps I should have a go ?

Have you done 10's of thousands of miles on bikes with good USD forks ?
modern radial brakes ? fully re-mappable ECU's ? 160+hp ? 100ft/lb or torque ?
Multiple engine modes ? Back torque limiters ?
Maybe if you had, you'd realise the Chunderace is decidedly average and
quite dated.

yes i have... like i said its my opinion, i dont see the point in high powered bikes for road use. Track bike would be a different story. I haven't put down other peoples rides ( apart from jezza's in last post )

Its pointless arguing over bikes. We ride what we want, we know what we want out of a bike and thank f**k were not all the same... opinions are opinions, no one is right, no one is wrong. End of!

You keep saying "high powered"

That's one part of a modern bike,
What makes them so nice is the grunt off the line,
the huge torque, the excellent mid range.
I know guys wih Busa's who rarely speed,
the low to mid range makes bikes like the
Busa/ZZR14/ZX12R/B-King etc etc a joy to ride.
The difference between reving the tits off a 1300cc car,
or haveing lazy V8 grunt.

Funny how your amount of power is great,
but those with more have too much ?

You love the torque of your bike, yet those nice new bikes
with more are only any good for a race track ?

You sound silly... Very Happy

Laughing

You keep saying "high powered"

That's one part of a modern bike,
What makes them so nice is the grunt off the line,
the huge torque, the excellent mid range.
I know guys wih Busa's who rarely speed,
the low to mid range makes bikes like the
Busa/ZZR14/ZX12R/B-King etc etc a joy to ride.
The difference between reving the tits off a 1300cc car,
or haveing lazy V8 grunt.

Funny how your amount of power is great,
but those with more have too much ?

Laughing

i'll say it again. Its just my opinion on high HP bikes. Maybe this is the reason i prefer twins to inline fours as they have lower HP but still have the cracking amount of torque. The whole point of this topic was to post a pic of the new bike, and i was just saying how i liked the way the power is delivered. I find a lot of older bikes have a lot more torque than HP where as the newer ones dont, thats all i was getting at. If you like busa's fair enough, if you like the older style bikes like the XJR's and ZZR's then fair enough.

@fr499y wrote:
I find a lot of older bikes have a lot more torque than HP where as the newer ones dont, thats all i was getting at.

I think you'll find that most of the new
top end bikes make plenty of torque,
My Busa and B-King would make more than
a Chunder Ace.

@fr499y wrote:
bmw are overpriced show off bikes. I could buy one tomoz if i wanted one, i could buy a busa, but i hate them, pointless bikes for the road.

I like lots of bikes, from little SV650's,
to old Zed's and Kat's and a thousand others,
but the idea that high performance bikes arent useable
is utter nonsense. Fact.

by that i meant ALL of the power in all the gears. I guess some times i don't make it very clear what i mean.

@fr499y wrote:
by that i meant ALL of the power in all the gears. I guess some times i don't make it very clear what i mean.

I guess thats where we are different.
I'd hate to be able to use ALL the power,
that would mean I was pushing and straining
my bike to its absolute limit. More than I
ever need means I can pick my speed and do it
with ease and the bike gets an easy life,
which is how many Busa/King/ZX riders ride.

Its good your happy with your bike... thumbs

thats what makes us all different, what we like and dont like in a bike. No point arguing over it as not everyone will agree thumbs

All very good you guys getting all hot and bothered but why can't i see the pic????

racer2Old and Disgraceful

Oh, and by the way my "mildly" tuned B-King has 185bhp at the rear wheel - and it's still not enough for ME (just my opinion) Twisted Evil

@fr499y wrote:

What is it with you anyway... you have had it in for me pretty much from the start.. i have never said anyones stuff is shit but you seem to think i do... Or is it because i said i hate bandits ( as a opinion )?

I wonder ! digging

@fr499y wrote:
I haven't put down other peoples rides ( apart from jezza's in last post )
:

I think its been mentioned a few times on here your love of the busa , I for one have never put down anybodys ride.
Have you ever done any distance or even ridden one one , I doubt it.

You seem to pop up with these opinions all the time with little evidence and always come along with you've owned something better.

maybe thats what gets peoples backs up!

@jezza wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

I wonder ! digging

@fr499y wrote:
I haven't put down other peoples rides ( apart from jezza's in last post )
:

I think its been mentioned a few times on here your love of the busa , I for one have never put down anybodys ride.
Have you ever done any distance or even ridden one one , I doubt it.

You seem to pop up with these opinions all the time with little evidence and always come along with you've owned something better.

maybe thats what gets peoples backs up!

i've said it before YES i have ridden one and hated it, its long, its low and it aches like shit to ride one for me ( and in my eyes, the bking is a better bike ), so no i dont like them. I never say i own something better than someone else.

if you seriously want a list of bikes i have owned or ridden then feel free to ask.. What i can say is the list goes from 125cc up to 1400cc from all makes.

im not saying i hate it because it didnt suit me, i just dont like them as a whole package. Maybe the new ones have lost what the busa was all about, either way there not a bike for me. I respect that people like them for what they are, there crazy manga inspired styling, big bold and aerodynamic body work, smooth engine, etc etc. What makes one person say *WOW* to a bike doesn't for someone else.

One thing jezza, i get the feeling you think i'm lieing about bikes i've ridden/owned because of my age?

B-king doesn't feel longer even though it is, might have something to do with the overall weight of the bike/style and feel when your on it.

still waiting for you to expand on the busa being a pointless bike. tick tock tick tock

not one for giving it a rest are you.. i was trying to do the right thing by not causing more of a argument than there has already been....

@jezza wrote:
still waiting for you to expand on the busa being a pointless bike. tick tock tick tock

I got told by a GS500 owner that Busa's don't
handle and you can't go fast or far without a
fairing (B-King) but he thought GS500's were
great !

@fr499y wrote:
not one for giving it a rest are you.. i was trying to do the right thing by not causing more of a argument than there has already been....

you stated the busa was pointless , back up your claim.

if your going to say because its got too much power then you may as well put all sportsbikes in the over 600cc in the same catagory surely!

@jezza wrote:

I got told by a GS500 owner that Busa's don't
handle and you can't go fast or far without a
fairing (B-King) but he thought GS500's were
great !

you must have met my father in law.

once again ( for the 100th time ) its my opinion, something everyone has. i could go on and on about why i think its pointless but its a opinion ( how many times do i need to say this before you drop it and stop trying to drag on a argument? )

Can I remind you of the rules , "No personal attacks "

/t2-rules

if you want to start calling names do it by Pm if you have to ,

Everyone has the right to there opinion ,

Shame when I have to lock threads thumb down