Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stue11

The Vivarium that Stu'e built..

This is a viv for our fast growing Iguana, this will be perfect for him for at least 3years thumbs its 5ft tall 4ft wide and with a depth of 2ft, managed to do this much today with wifey, weve just got to fill it with logs and all its lighting etc etc and offcourse glass thumbs i will keep the pics coming as we progress thumbsthumbs

This is Marco who were building it for LaughingLaughing he looks impressed so far thumbs

@madsod wrote:
good job that make sure you get him a T.V AND SKY thumbs
agree he loves the discovery channel Laughing

nice one! and see hes shedding his skin, my lizards used to year it puke
He's grumpy whilst shedding Sad

@Stue11 wrote:

one of mine used to always be grumpy she would have your hand off, would put hand in tank for fresh water etc, and this lizard would jump out from under bark and be hanging off of your hand!

He looks like he wants to kick ya ed in lol. Viv looks well stue are u wrapping it up for xmas!.

@Stue11 wrote:

one of mine used to always be grumpy she would have your hand off, would put hand in tank for fresh water etc, and this lizard would jump out from under bark and be hanging off of your hand!
Sounded like it needing tameing Laughing

@dick65 wrote:
nice one Stue,he's getting a big fella m8 Shockedthumbs
agree hence why we need to build this viv ShockedLaughingLaughing

@haveugot1 wrote:
He looks like he wants to kick ya ed in lol. Viv looks well stue are u wrapping it up for xmas!.
LaughingLaughing im not his favourite...wifey is his best friend LaughingLaughing

@Stue11 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

no chance, she wasnt right in the head, all of them would come out and happily wonder about, but she youd let her out and she would run really quick, bite etc, like a wild animal. always had this twitch, made her look nutts. used to attack a plant thing in the viv lol. strange one!

Good work stue should keep the fella happy thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

no chance, she wasnt right in the head, all of them would come out and happily wonder about, but she youd let her out and she would run really quick, bite etc, like a wild animal. always had this twitch, made her look nutts. used to attack a plant thing in the viv lol. strange one!
sounds like mel hide

@Davehutch wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

sounds like mel hide

oooh arr your guna get a beating papa!

@Davehutch wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

sounds like mel hide

agreeLaughingLaughing what reptile was it, they only normally end up like that when not handled enough as babies Shocked

@Stue11 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

sounds like mel hide

agreeLaughingLaughing what reptile was it, they only normally end up like that when not handled enough as babies Shocked

High yellow leopard gecko. 3 yellow, 1 normal. And dunno.got her at a few weeks bit was bit snappy got worse and before she died she was running around whacking her head and everything. Put her in a different viv where there was less to hit, but she didn't last the night. Was only 3.

@Davehutch wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

sounds like mel hide

who - little ol sweet innocent me Shocked

now get me some food! fightingfighting

A few more pics, logs and shelves put in, all the heat source fitted and temp gauges, just need our glass to be deliverd and get it up to temp and Marco's new home his ready thumbs

Nice work stue looks great,bet ya saved a few ££ making it your self thumbs

Thanks all thumbsthumbs yea as for cost one to buy that size will set ya back a good £300/£400 and you still have to build it... Shocked i built this one for £150 including the tuffend glass thumbsthumbs

bet the glass set ya back most of that as well! looks good thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
bet the glass set ya back most of that as well! looks good thumbs
Cheers Matt...i lied its not glass its tuffend perspex Embarassed and it £60 pint

Anyway Perspex arrived today and it fitted perfect, heres a couple of pics below thumbs weve got it all plugged in now and need to let it all get upto temps and hopefully have Marco in by the weekend thumbsthumbs Please excuse the mats under the one leg...our floors are exactly level, our home is from the 18th century Very Happy and all the wires are going to be tidy'd also thumbsthumbs

Looks good mate thumbsthumbs Sure he'll feel right at home in it. May have to send a search party in sometimes to make sure he's still there thumbsLaughingthumbsLaughingLaughing

Excellent job Stue... thumbs

You put my project to shame,
I got fed up with trying to keep the Possum
out of the house, so I wired two hanging
baskets to gether and put them in a tree next
to our back deck.

Just walked past and there's a foot sticking out... Laughing

Heres a few pics.. Marco loves his new home partypartypartyparty ps please ignore my blue head im shedding thumbs

Excellent job Stue... thumbs

You put my project to shame,
I got fed up with trying to keep the Possum
out of the house, so I wired two hanging
baskets to gether and put them in a tree next
to our back deck.

Just walked past and there's a foot sticking out... Laughing

LaughingLaughingLaughing

thumbs

Hes ready to whip Daves arse when he visits in a couple of weeks LaughingLaughingLaughing

@Stue11 wrote:
thumbs

Hes ready to whip Daves arse when he visits in a couple of weeks LaughingLaughingLaughing

Careful mate, you'll have Dave round early thumbsfoflthumbsfofl

You wanna see the scars i have on me head and neck now ShockedShocked