Find results in...
Grumpyowl

HOW MUCH

Went to boots opticians today.

Just popped in on the off chance, because my right glasses lense

keeps Falling out.

Told the young lady I don't need 2 pairs they only seem to sell BOGOF

Right sir were quiet so can fit you in for an eye test straight away will

Do it free of charge and 15% off for only 1 pair ofspecs.

OK said I Vari-focals 1 pair £240. Sad

I got 2 pair for that price 2 year ago. Bought them because I need

them.

Bloody Hell no wonder there quiet.

RANT OVER.

Bloodyhell Jim Shocked my Ralph Lauren designer ones cost less than that here in sunny Herefordshire thumbs

im worried, my eyesight is still good but its harder to read close up than what it was, so im going long sighted i reckon, and being 19 id have to pay that slaphead

Cost me £400 for varifocals with polarising lenses at Specsavers. My daughter got a better deal at Tescos and she says they are brilliant

Shame your not in Leicester mate, my girlfriend works for Boots opticians and gets very good friends and family discount.

I'm only moaning because I need a new back tyre and I'm trying to save £200 for a dyno set up.

Got a nice powercommander 5. And K&N air filter sat in the garage

For next year Laughing

So by the time I've done glasses, tyre, PC5, filter etc etc I'll have done a grand in and not spent owt on Christmas yet. affraid

That's not really a stupidly excessive amount though - I remember shelling out about about 180 quid four or so years ago on a pair with standard lenses, (mainly because mine broke, I can't drive without them and was down in the arse end of England - Rochester, ISTR) with one of the well known chains.

Never again. Since that shock it's been eye test at boots and order 6 - 12 pairs a year from overseas thumbs

@Macie_UK wrote:
That's not really a stupidly excessive amount though - I remember shelling out about about 180 quid four or so years ago on a pair with standard lenses, (mainly because mine broke, I can't drive without them and was down in the arse end of England - Rochester, ISTR) with one of the well known chains.

Never again. Since that shock it's been eye test at boots and order 6 - 12 pairs a year from overseas thumbs

I've thought about that makes financial sense.

But got a complicated astigmatism and have to get the varifocals set up just right so I think I really need them sorting face to face.

My wife says stop moaning but she doesn't know what else I'm planning on spending lol!

aint cheap Im affraid jim my second eye test

was this year same thing over £250

Think I might go on dole Laughing

@Grumpyowl wrote:

I've thought about that makes financial sense.

It does, my last order was for 6 pairs (2x alloy, 1x plastic, 1x rimless and 2x scrpted sunglasses and was £116 including delivery.

@Grumpyowl wrote:
But got a complicated astigmatism and have to get the varifocals set up just right so I think I really need them sorting face to face.

I've got one of those too (when I put the script in it says "Are you *really* sure about that? Very Happy ) but fortunately I don't need the varifocal bit.

Still may be worth a punt when feel the urge again. I read various reviews and still wasn't sure, so I ordered a couple of pairs from 3 different places - 1 were OK, 1 were spot on and 1 (Zenni Optical - who had the best reviews) were utter crap in terms of getting the lens right. So even with 2 in the bin and 2 as 'emergency glove box/under bike seat pairs, it was still cheaper and I knew who to go to next time.

only use glasses for reading, local optician charged me £19 for my new ones Laughing

How about laser eye surgery! Me and gayle (gf) had it done about 10yrs ago, the best thing I've ever done.

If you earn over a certain amount out here,
the tax man hits you if you don't take out private medical insurance.
I fall under this figure but the Mrs is above it.
It's cheaper to take out medical insurance than
Pay the extra tax. It keeps high earners off the public
Hospital system.

Mrs put me on her policy.
I get a pair of glasses and a pair of sunglasses
at no extra cost every 12 months.

@Grumpyowl wrote:
I'm only moaning because I need a new back tyre and I'm trying to save £200 for a dyno set up.

Got a nice powercommander 5. And K&N air filter sat in the garage

For next year Laughing

So by the time I've done glasses, tyre, PC5, filter etc etc I'll have done a grand in and not spent owt on Christmas yet. affraid
You put your eyesight before any potensial mods for the bike NoNoNothumb down

LaughingLaughingLaughingthumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
How about laser eye surgery! Me and gayle (gf) had it done about 10yrs ago, the best thing I've ever done.

Yep mate of mine done it and has been ok.
I have worn specs since I was 4 so that's really not the problem.
I did try contacts a few years ago but my prescription is a bit complicated and they couldn't get it right.
I would not risk it personally because I just know mine would be the one that goes wrong.

only being grumpy Stu. No it won't stop me spending on the bike
thumbslol!

Why won't my IPad let me multi quote scratch

@Grumpyowl wrote:
only being grumpy Stu. No it won't stop me spending on the bike
thumbslol!

Why won't my IPad let me multi quote scratch

I expect you have to pay a subscription Laughing