Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcarper

led relay

fitted led indicators to my zzr, when i wired them in and swicthed on they were on constantly and did not flash. i dont like inline resistors so i bought a led relay. heres where my problems start ,the original multipin plug on the relay has 3 wires going to it but the original relay has only 2 connections. now the new led relay has 2 connections so i fit the new relay and the flashers do not even come on at all,try plugging original relay back in same thing no lighty wtf,now i know the wires are an earth,a switched live and a constant live so i put test light on constant live, that ok,try switched live no live from switch which is strange cos it was working when i wired the led indicators in.checked fuses and they ok. so i run a live and an earth to one of my flashers and hey presto it lights up obviously constantly though. do you think i need a 3 pin led relay or am i missing something here. cos i know the original bulb type flashers were working with the original relay before i stripped the bike.

ery odd ive put a suzuki 2 pin relay on m 3 pin zx9r, and all i did was process of elimination 2 wires going though the pins until it flashed, and it works perfectly.

ery odd ive put a suzuki 2 pin relay on m 3 pin zx9r, and all i did was process of elimination 2 wires going though the pins until it flashed, and it works perfectly.

yes chad i tried that i think that might be why they dont come on at all even with the original relay back in.

you got a manual ian or can you down load a wiring diagram i know its not much help but might point you in the right direction thumbs

yes dick i've got a wiring diagram pretty sure all wiring is correct as all other lights ,horn ect works fine ,plus i had the flashers on when i first fitted them only after i messed about with the relay have i got problem.gonna get the 3 contact electronic relay and try that.

just been in garage and had a bit mess with bike, flashers back on but still not flashing,pretty sure i got the wiring right stan, anyway i've just ordered dual load 3 pin relay to see if that fixes it.had a bit research on net and the relay i got have worked with some bikes and not with others,also some people have had issues with the indicator light on the clocks where you have to fit a diode but as i have no clocks fitted as yet i can't see that being the problem here. the relay i've ordered is supposed to work with any combination of leds or filament bulbs and has only good reviews so when it arrives i'll let you know if this is so.

Have you got the wiring the right way round on the led indis

no light is emitted if a small voltage is applied in the reverse direction

@lee wrote:
Have you got the wiring the right way round on the led indis

no light is emitted if a small voltage is applied in the reverse direction
good point Lee just might be that

yes lee leds are polarity sensitive but they must be wired ok because the front and rear of each side comes on when i use the switch they just dont flash.

@madcarper wrote:
yes lee leds are polarity sensitive but they must be wired ok because the front and rear of each side comes on when i use the switch they just dont flash.
The only other thing I can think of is a faulty flasher unit

if your new led flasher unit is the metal type with a little lug on with a hole in it make sure that is bolted to an earth

got my dual load flasher relay today plugged it in, jobsaguddon Very Happy works like a dream even clicks not that i'll be able to hear it when the motors running. flashers are nice and bright too which is not always the case when you use those orrible in-line resistors. thats one more job sorted banana

@madcarper wrote:
got my dual load flasher relay today plugged it in, jobsaguddon Very Happy works like a dream even clicks not that i'll be able to hear it when the motors running. flashers are nice and bright too which is not always the case when you use those orrible in-line resistors. thats one more job sorted banana
nice 1 Ian no1