Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maveric

Engine parts swap betveen two GSX1400

Hi all!

As some of you now i bought a second GSX1400 last fall, quite tuned 154 rear wheel hp Cool .
But i decided just before xmas to sell it next spring.
But before i do just that im going to restore it to 95% standard and put the goddies on my bike thumbs .

so this is how it looked before i started
(the red one)

First i changed the color back to standard.

Then i stripped the injection housing, cyl. head, cylinder row, pistongs and exhaust system.

And mounted the stock pistongs.

then the cylinder row.

And finaly the head.

Motor almost done Very Happy .

Exhaust monted.

And finaly put together thumbs running sweet but slow hide .

Remember how it looked before ?

Will continue at the other GSX shortly.

Cheers Maveric

@madcarper wrote:
looks good m8,apart from that exhaust.bloody mahoosive.

Thanks mate Laughing and i totaly agrie on the silencer mate you can scare kids with that hidious thing they call a silencer ,but it's up to next owner how they want it. one note all the painted B&W things have only done one summer before he bougth spare panels and painted them red, so now i got a complete set to paint what ever i want to my bike thumbs .

Cheers Maveric

@Davehutch wrote:
done a great job there m8 thumbs

Thanks Dave Smile .

Just one bike more to fiddle with now ,almost the same jobb to do again Shocked .

Infact i'm almost finished with that one too, pic's will follow soon.

Cheers Maveric

as promised now we got to do the other bike Smile .
And it looks like this when i started.
(the one to the right Wink ).

Same way like last time, of with all the standard parts (injektor housing, head, cyl. row and pistons.
looking like this.

Then mount the oversize pistons.

After that we went for the cyl. row.
Here you see the difference in size betveen 1400 and 1550.

(stock piston in 1550 cyl. row. bellow Shocked

Quite a fiddling job to get the pistons in head bang .

But ended up like this party .

With the head i needed to change the valve steam sealings but i dont got a tool to compress the valve springs with. Then i recall that i had a tool i have used when i repared old english fords (a old passion i had before loeve ).
So i simply modified that to suit my bike with some help of a lathe and migwelder.

At the same time when i had the valves out i cleaned up the intake and exhaust ports in the head , they where already ported so just a cleaning job was needed.
Exhaust

Intake

Then i put the head together and mounted it with no probs.
Next step was to mount the injector housing and there is a difference from the stock one can you see the difference?

The bottom one is oversized from 34mm to 37mm thumbs .

And here are where i am at the moment, due to using high lifting webcams i needed to dail in the cams so they open and closes in the rigth spot. 104.5 deg/106.5 deg.
the previus owner had modified the cam sprockets to be adjustable so i borrowed a indicatorwatch and got along with it (first time i done that confused).
But turned out well they where spot on.

So now i only need to mount the rocker cover , exhaust som bits and pieces.
Then it's time to realease the beast, see what happend tomorrow.

Cheers Maveric

Hey Maveric cracking job thanks for taking the time posting the pics thumbsthumbs

Beast is alive again thumbs and i really mean it's a beast racer2 compared with before Shocked . next dyno is going to be very intressed coz last dyno with the parts on my other bike it hit 154hp on the rear wheel compared with 106 engine hp in stock Cool .

Will put up the last pic's here tomorrow night ,i need to get in bed now coz im going up really early tomorrow (4.30am)for a 190km drive company related.

@maveric wrote:
Beast is alive again thumbs and i really mean it's a beast racer2 compared with before Shocked . next dyno is going to be very intressed coz last dyno with the parts on my other bike it hit 154hp on the rear wheel compared with 106 engine hp in stock Cool .

Will put up the last pic's here tomorrow night ,i need to get in bed now coz im going up really early tomorrow (4.30am)for a 190km drive company related.
look forward to the pics

Ok final pic's then Very Happy .
Completly asembled now running sweet thumbs .

But before any testride i had to change the clutch springs due to the raised torque.

Anyone spot the difference betveen a stock one and a heavy duty one Cool .

One good thing with liftingtables is when you want to remove the clutch cover without spillin any oil on the floor you do like this Shocked .

Just not to high then you are in serious truble affraid .

Close now only the sidecover to mount and the wideband lambda.

As the acra system dont have any boss for a lambda i needed to weld one in.

Now when it was complete i take it for a short spinn, taking care due to all the gravel on the tarmac.

So i put it in 4th gear slowed down to about 1300rpm and hit it ,but when the rpm reach 2300 the back wheel started to lose grip affraid.
Ok the road was wet but anyway a huge increase in grunt forsure banana ., and the sound mmmmmmmm loeve .

And the wait for summer started very rappidly to feel long long away from now Sad

Cheers Maveric

I already knew most of it but still a very great job m8 thumbs

well we have to se in the spring if it is faster the mine FZ1 hidelol!