Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

superstitions

Im not normally superstitious but theres a few bike related superstitions I will not break under any circumstances,First I will never buy a bike with an X in the registration,this is because in my time Ive written 3 bikes off and they were all X reg.second I will not ride on May day bank holiday weekend because the three bikes I wrote off were all done on that weekend,thirdly whenever I get any new kit I have to pacify the tarmac gods by rolling around on the floor wearing it before I will wear it on the bike and someone has got to witness this as well,and finally whenever I get a new bike I always scratch it somewhere where it cant be seen so its not perfect any more,the last time I didnt do this i kept dropping spanners,locks and everything else on it.any more superstitions or rituals?

nah don't believe in any of that crap, i just jump on and ride whats to be will be..

I just carry my Grampy's St Christopher with me for safe travel thumbs

yes you do dave. you wont go anywhere with that caravan (top box) on your bike Wink

the only creepy thing about my 2 bike monor accidents is i had dreams it would happen in a way.

when i got reversed into on the bandit i had a dream like a week before that someone drove into me, so was close :/

and then when that bloke pulled out on my with the sv, the place it happened on the way home, on the way to college before hand i had a though that someones going to get hurt one day due to bad visability, then 8 hours later bang im in the side of some pratts car slaphead

Yeah, I firmly believe that if I wash the bike, it will only get dirty again Laughing

Not normaly, but If I ride a bike with a key ring
it needs to be the right way up.
Borrowed a dealer loan bike, and as I pulled out of the shop
I had to stop, remove the key and turn it around.

I like to think im not superstitious,
Mrs just says im OCD... Laughing

Cant have tin's of WD40 / MrSheene etc on
the shelf if they're not facing the same way... Laughing

Not normaly, but If I ride a bike with a key ring
it needs to be the right way up.
Borrowed a dealer loan bike, and as I pulled out of the shop
I had to stop, remove the key and turn it around.

I like to think im not superstitious,
Mrs just says im OCD... Laughing

Cant have tin's of WD40 / MrSheene etc on
the shelf if they're not facing the same way... Laughing

Im the same, everything has to be a set way! i'm always getting told i'm OCD with cleaning my bike as well rofl. I would love to say im not superstitious but i wont ride a bike with stock cans as i feel everyone is out to hit me Embarassed

I have had a lot of test drives and rides on bikes and cars that have broken down, and beleive it or not the reg plates on all of them added up to 13, so I will not buy a vehicle if the reg plate adds up to 13.
I hardly beleive this myself, but it is true.