Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ptolemyx

Devon weekend meet April 26th-28th

Does anyone fancy meeting up with the B-King lads and lasses at our April weekend meet in SUNNY Devon???? We have a few rooms available at the hotel and I'm offering you lot the chance before releasing them back to the hotel. you can then take the piss out of me as well as Dave banana

When:-
FRIDAY 26TH APRIL TO SUNDAY 28TH APRIL 2013
Where:-
THE RIVERSFORD HOTEL, LIMERS LANE, BIDEFORD, EX39 2RG

http://www.riversford.co.uk/AboutUs.aspx

The hotel has stunning views overlooking the Taw/Torridge estaury on the Atlantic Coast of North Devon. In a secluded location with secure parking it is an ideal base for the Saturday ride out.

The Deal:- £40 PER PERSON PER NIGHT; DINNER, BED & BREAKFAST.

No deposit required as I've covered that for the group. Please contact me ASAP when you know you're coming and I'll add you to the list to make arrangements with the hotel.

Old and Disgraceful racer2

When in doubt, go flat out!

working friday,sat and monday but will try and pop over sunday or maybe sat night give me a shout week before to remind me !!!

I'm interested, can't confirm until later tonight to make sure we have nothing on though.

Sounds good but depends on what time your setting off. (sent you a text)

I've pencilled Robbie and Jezza in, luxury twin suite reserved party
If anyone else is coming I need to know very soon before releasing the remaining rooms back to the hotel for other bookings banana

Two remaining rooms are double with single - if they're not snapped up by Wednesday I'm unreserving them with the hotel

Old and Disgraceful racer2

If in doubt, go flat out!

i will try and get down on the sunday morning if poss to say hello

Maybe I could tag along with you Smudge''? Cool
I wont be able to stay over-night any-ways..
Would luv ta meet you folks thumbs

Let me talk it over with the bint, maybe pushing it though as I'm off to Scotland a week later for five days.
I'll let you know by Sunday evening if that's ok

Well she's agreed thumbs so if space put my name down for a bed

@jezza wrote:
Well she's agreed thumbs so if space put my name down for a bed

Oh dear there goes a quite weekend Laughing

You,all be OK I'm refraining from the dreaded booze as I will be over indulging in the following weeks after the meet.

@jezza wrote:
You,all be OK I'm refraining from the dreaded booze as I will be over indulging in the following weeks after the meet.

I'm still not sharing a room with you no matter how much sweet talking you do Laughing

Liar, you said you enjoy it when we spoon, just don't leave the damp patch on my back this time.

Brian has just posted the route up on the b-king forum >>

Here's the route. My poor little garmin which could only have one via point is unwell and I haven't yet got a replacement so IQroutes/tyre aint been done by me. Perhaps one of you wizards could do the route for sharing from the postcodes.....

April Route, leg one - Exmoor : Hotel to Tiverton, 86.5 miles…..140 minutes, then 20 minute stop.
http://goo.gl/maps/KUgVO

April Route, leg two – Dartmoor : Tiverton to Hotel, 92 miles………170 minutes, including 30 minute stop.
http://goo.gl/maps/tFFIa

EX39 2RG Riversford Hotel, Bideford get ready todepart sharply 10.30
EX32 0PJ Swimbridge
EX32 0RS Filleigh
EX36 3HR North Molton - 22.5mls - 30mins 11.00
TA24 7QP Withypool – 30.5mls – 45mins 11.15
TA24 7SH Simonsbath – 37mls – 55mins 11.25
EX35 6EP Lynmouth – 46mls – 70mins 11.40
TA24 8QD Porlock – 57.5mls – 90mins 12.00
TA24 7DR Wheddon Cross – 65mls – 110mins **** 12.20
EX16 6RZ Tiverton PETROL STOP – 86.5mils – 140-160mins (20 minute stop) 1250-13.10
***1/2 mile out of Porlock R for Horner/Luccombe. ½ mile past Horner R for Wheddon Cross

EX16 6RZ Tiverton 13.10
EX4 5BX Exeter (Cowley Bridge) – 13.5mls – 20mins(180) 13.30
TQ13 8NL Moretonhampstead – 28.5mls – 50mins(210) 14.00
PL20 6ST Merrivale – 44.5mls – 70mins(230) 14.20
PL19 0HD Tavistock OGGY OGGY PASTIES – 49.5mls – 80-110mins(270) (30 minute stop) 14.30-15.00
EX39 2RG Riversford Hotel, Bideford – 92mls – 170mins(330 = 5hrs 30mins total) 16.00

I know that's a lot of miles in total but I've allowed about a quarter more than the normal bike times for each part of the ride out. Also if the weather is crap or we take longer there are more direct and quicker routes back to the hotel from several points along the way.

P.S. I'm not changing the route now

So anyone coming for the Saturday rideout we will leave the hotel at 10.30......NO LATERPleeeease let me or Dave know if you are joining us banana

Old and Disgracefulwhere's my racer emoticon Dave????? boxer

if this job sorts out in the next couple of weeks ill let you guys know as ill be better off money wise then thumbs

I hadn't noticed this thread slaphead what's the score with rooms? Any space or is it all signed & sealed? Smile

I hadn't noticed this thread slaphead what's the score with rooms? Any space or is it all signed & sealed? Smile
not too sure alan , drop ptolemyx a PM , he is sorting it and will let you know thumbs be good if you can Wink

Sorry Alan, no rooms available now at the Riversford hotel. However If you want to meet the gang, beers and meals with us and the Saturday rideout you could stay at the nearby (half a mile away) Durrant House Hotel

http://durranthousehotel.com/

PM me if you're on for this and I'll give you further details banana

Old and Disgraceful racer2racer2racer2

For you latecomers here's what is available.........

FRIDAY 26TH APRIL TO SUNDAY 28TH APRIL 2013

http://durranthousehotel.com/
tel. 01237472361

I've arranged a discount with the booking manager Sorrell. Mention "B-King Riders Group" when booking to get £35 per person per night bed and breakfast. Deposit required is your first nights stay (£35 per person). They do evening meals from a simple single course starting at £6.50 up to a la carte OR you can, walk the half mile to join us at the Riversford where Tony can cater for extra heads in the restaurant at £16 for a two course meal.

Probably not mate. I can't be fagged to be in a different hotel to everyone else TBH. I'm off to Spain on the 11th so I'll make do with a spin or two on the VFR-might have an overnight in Girona or somewhere. There'll be other times Smile

Probably not mate. I can't be fagged to be in a different hotel to everyone else TBH. I'm off to Spain on the 11th so I'll make do with a spin or two on the VFR-might have an overnight in Girona or somewhere. There'll be other times Smile
Yes TBH I wouldnt want to be on my own in another hotel , shame you didnt see this a while back thumb down

@Davehutch wrote:
Mind you another hotel is not a bad idea with jezza & Robbie going hide

Damn right, be afraid.............be very afraid. Laughing

soon be time to sort out who is riding down with who , I have spoke to swavee he is stopping at mine Thursday night , We will get up have breakfast then make a day of it riding down , we both have pillions ,So will just make our own way as we have all day, seems daft to start waiting for others , Hope this makes sense mbike

Can tell your on bkings if its gonna take you all day to get down ttheree, no doubt we will catch you up.

I'm working till 11 so won't be leaving until after dinner.

They've got to take all day as Dave is on a BLUE one, which as any fule knose is the slowest colour option. The blue ones have even more retardent applied at the factory than the silver ones. It's only the ones that come with all black paint that have the extra dilithium warp factor applied, which can only be enhanced by the judicious application of go faster gold (not to be confused with the ORANGE weheels on the blue ones) Twisted Evil

All this love for you Dave, don't let the nasty people get you down.

@Davehutch wrote:
,So will just make our own way as we have all day, seems daft to start waiting for others , Hope this makes sense mbike

Charming, don't want to wait. I'll remember that next time were out and have to wait for you to catch up again Laughing

@Robbie wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
,So will just make our own way as we have all day, seems daft to start waiting for others , Hope this makes sense mbike

Charming, don't want to wait. I'll remember that next time were out and have to wait for you to catch up again Laughing

Probably still arrive before him anyway.

April Route - Exmoor : Hotel to Bickleigh, 97.5 miles…..3hrs including 20min petrol stop at Tiverton and stops for stunning views
http://goo.gl/maps/Qofbm

April Route – Return leg : Bickleigh to Hotel, 48 miles………1hr 15mins.
http://goo.gl/maps/KSbOs

EX39 2RG Riversford Hotel, Bideford 10.30
EX32 0PJ Swimbridge
EX32 0RS Filleigh
EX36 3HR North Molton - 22.5mls 11.00
TA24 7QP Withypool – 30.5mls 11.15
TA24 7SH Simonsbath – 37mls 11.25
EX35 6EP Lynmouth – 46mls 11.40
TA24 8QD Porlock – 57.5mls 12.00
TA24 6SN Dunster -65.5mls 12.15
TA24 7DR Wheddon Cross – 72mls 12.25
EX16 6RZ Tiverton PETROL STOP – 93.5mls 12.50-13.10
EX16 8RW The Fisherman’s Cot, Bickleigh LUNCH 13.30-15.00
http://fishermanscot-bickleigh.com/

EX16 8RW Bickleigh 15.00
EX17 3LU Crediton – 9.5mls 15.15
EX39 2RG Riversford Hotel, Bideford – 48mls ETA 16.15

I've readjusted the estimated travelling time between points to cater for all our group; now we can do two groups from the lunch stop at Bicklegh, one more direct back to the hotel (via the brilliant A377) as above and one doing the extra miles over Dartmoor for more stunning views.