Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

chain adjustment

all ways adjust my chain as it says in the book ,with the bike on its side stand under its own weight, Well dont know why i have just had this thought scratchtwist but I cant see any difference from that or doing it while on both paddock stands , can you ???

Yes, the weight of the bike articulates the swingarm and will give a different tension to when the swingarm is unloaded, such as on stands. It's the same principle which causes jackup plates to bugger your chain tension. Smile

Yes, the weight of the bike articulates the swingarm and will give a different tension to when the swingarm is unloaded, such as on stands. It's the same principle which causes jackup plates to bugger your chain tension. Smile
but aint that the same as the wheels being on the ground confused

Yes I was just thinking about this and it's a different situation on paddock stands compared to a centre stand. I'd still be inclined to do it by the book as they say. Smile

Yes I was just thinking about this and it's a different situation on paddock stands compared to a centre stand. I'd still be inclined to do it by the book as they say. Smile
suppose a way of telling is to check the tention the side stand way then check it on the paddock stands , and see if it measures the same

i do mine on paddock stands as the weight of the bike is still on the suspension and the bike is more upright unlike when the sidestand is used taking away some of the weight, then again i have used the sidestand method and never had a problem.

@madcarper wrote:
i do mine on paddock stands as the weight of the bike is still on the suspension and the bike is more upright unlike when the sidestand is used taking away some of the weight, then again i have used the sidestand method and never had a problem.

I do mine both ways and no difference.Also ian my cat weighs more than you light weight hidebanana

The good bit with doing it on a paddock stands , you can lub the chain and see if you have any tight spots , its a pain to do with a side stand

@madsod wrote:
The good bit with doing it on a paddock stands , you can lub the chain and see if you have any tight spots , its a pain to do with a side stand
this is what i was thinking Gaz , dont know what made me think about it new here

@haveugot1 wrote:
@madcarper wrote:

I do mine both ways and no difference.Also ian my cat weighs more than you light weight hidebanana

now now mark ,can i help it if i wear the same size jeans as i did in my late teens some people burn it off some dont. ya porker waveLaughing

The difference is negligible, and as you say you can lube at the same time - which is what I've always done.

Old and Disgraceful racer2