Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
steve p

Morning all

Hi, I'm Steve a new arrival from Leicester with my beloved Honda SP1 that i've had for over 7 years now and wont ever part with it. Started in 1979 with a Suzuki X5 then in 1984 got a Yamaha TR1 and in 1989 a GSXR1100J. Got married and sold the bikes Sad got divorced in 2004 and bought the silver SP1 following year.
The bikes has been heavily modded and appeared in Performance Bikes last April and subsequently blew up a month later Sad Just totally rebuilt with a brand new engine, gas flowed, ported and re profiled cans but only a mild tune. Still running her in weather permitting done 200 miles since November.
Despite all the mods i still cant ride her properly but love tinkering so i did.
I'm not much into the racing scene but do like amateur meets at Mallory and track days at Donington.
Roll on spring Very Happy

forgot to say got married again and kept the bike Very Happythumbs

How do i post pics on here, tried but they got lost in the ether.

@Davehutch wrote:
welcome steve , I am only up the road in syston wave

good job i was telling the truth then Dave Laughing im in Huncote ATM but moving to scraptoft very soon, see you at 6 hills and ashby folville then thumbs
That wall is very famous i will try to scan the magazine article and post it up.
thanks for the welcomes.

welcome to the forum sweet looking bike you have thumbs

yes went to the one in Leicester just before xmas but was off road for most of last year re building. The old engine was a monster with high comp pistons as well as the other tuning but like a t**t i took my eye off the oil level during a weekend in Wales last April and the damage was done. Two weeks later the front exhaust cam snapped due to badly worn retainers and the other cams were badly scored so that meant two new cylinder heads as well. Ive got all the bits i need to re build a standard engine but managed to pick up a brand new still in the Honda crate engine for £1050 then had that one tuned minus the HC pistons this time. Just running it in now.

Welcome on board mate no1
Like the bike thumbs The youngest had the Firestorm before he got his R1. If it had been an SP1 I think he would have kept it thumbsthumbs

Hi Steve, welcome.

Sorry to hear about your loss of the GSXR,
still, never mind, a Honda is better than nothing.

Wink

Hi Steve, welcome.

Sorry to hear about your loss of the GSXR,
still, never mind, a Honda is better than nothing.

Wink

Ha ha Tony yes there was a "disturbance in the force" when i sold the gixer but having just got married for the first time at that point i was emmotionally unstable and did some really stupid things Laughing