Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

Bit of an unusual one this .....

but, what bike have you ridden that "feels" the fastest? ie you think you're doing 600mph and in fact you're only doing 60mph!

And as the opposite, which bike "feels" the slowest? ie you think you're doing 60mph and you're doing 600mph!

I can't really comment on this only having ridden a bandit and a ZX12 regularly. The sons Firestorm felt fast, but I think only because you couldn't hear the engine over the exhaust note  thumbs   Twisted Evil   Twisted Evil

I once rode a green zx12r a couple of weeks ago and i thought i was doing 80mph only for me to look at the clock and realise i was doing 140mph hide 

@Stue11 wrote:
I once rode a green zx12r a couple of weeks ago and i thought  i was doing 80mph only for me to look at the clock and realise i was doing 140mph hide 

Can't have been mine mate, you would have said something thumbs  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

@Davehutch wrote:
Bsa b40. Felt like you was doing 100 but only doing about 50 ,

Busa felt like I was doing 100 and was doing 150

I'm thinking the pattern will continue, on the basis that faired bikes move the air for you but on nakeds you do it yourself  Shocked   Shocked 
See what the rest come in with  thumbs

thruxton felt like you was doing over a tonne, when infact your doing 60. Head down, Ass up with one hell of a noise coming out the exhaust lol. KTM 950 was one of them bikes that you thought you was doing 30 till you look down and realise ya doubled it!

taffspeed tuned vespa 166 , got to 80 and shit myself. they are not built to do much over 55mph.Laughing 

MY gsxr did think i was not going to fast looked down and it was 163 mph no1 

Reckon its always going to be the sports bikes

but get that feeling on the bandit at times doesn't feel your going to fast until ya look at the clocks Shocked Shocked 

my ninja feels like im doing like 40 but it can be going silly speed but my sv650 felt like i was going slow but i wasnt i think for the fact the vtwin thuds rather than revvs. and then my zxr400 felt so quick, screaming its head off but wasnt actually so fast on the clock. thumbs 

c70 felt slow but went fast Twisted Evil 
bandit 6 was just a slug
thunderace so smooth its deceptive Shocked 

@Stue11 wrote:
I once rode a green zx12r a couple of weeks ago and i thought  i was doing 80mph only for me to look at the clock and realise i was doing 140mph hide 

Can't have been mine mate, you would have said something  thumbs   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing 
Your bigger than me thumbs thumbs 

@Stue11 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

Can't have been mine mate, you would have said something  thumbs   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing 

Only cause I'm taller  slaphead v funny   slaphead v funny

@Stue11 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

Only cause I'm taller  slaphead v funny   slaphead v funny
Laughing Laughing 

When the wife could no longer pillion I decided to go from the cruiser (Kawa VN2000) and get a solo bike. Decided against a faired bike, main reason being fear of losing licence when unwittingly doing hyperspeed and not noticing in that bubble of still air. Looked at all the big naked bikes and went for the B-King ( I like them big, fast and brutal - just ask the wife). Now have 9 points on licence from unwittingly doing hyperspeed and not noticing in that blast of howling wind.......

Also have ridden Gen1 and Gen2 Busas and a ZZR1400 in the last year....B-King feels fastest though it clearly does not have their top speed, even if it does accelerate faster......

Old and Disgraceful racer2 racer2 racer2