Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

pairs removal

Thinking of taking it off my gen1 07 busa. Are there any advantages and would I need a power commander once removed? Ive read that you dont need a power commanderbut never done this mod and would like some help plz.study 

@haveugot1 wrote:
Thinking of taking it off my gen1 07 busa.  Are there any advantages and would I need a power commander once removed? Ive read that you dont need a power commanderbut never done this mod and would like some help plz.study 

not sure if you have read this one ,

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/122907-pair-valve-solenoid-removal-gen-ii-hayabusa.html

Are you wanting to remove it fully or disconnect it , some people just do the marble mod which is a marble inserted into the pipework to stop the pairs working.

Bin it and blank it off.

Less weight / mess / unwanted junk.

It causes the motor to pop and bang on the
over run if you have a 4 into 1.

The stock system spoils the reading when on the dyno. (We clamp the hose on the dyno)

My Busa has the marble in the pipe mod.
My GSX1400 has blanking plates.
My B-King needs to be done.

Shouldn't need to re-map as its only effecting what's
bypassing the motor not what it's getting under load.

Only there for tree-hugging greenies.

@jezza wrote:
Are you wanting to remove it fully or disconnect it , some people just do the marble mod which is a marble inserted into the pipework to stop  the pairs working.

Just going to remove it completely.

left mine on the bandit I kinda like the popping and banging. Laughing  just like when you used to put lolly sticks in your bike spokes.

@madcarper wrote:
left mine on the bandit I kinda like the popping and banging. Laughing  just like when you used to put lolly sticks in your bike spokes.
I remember that trick ian Laughing Laughing 

Not on a Busa of course, but the PAIR mod is a popular one for the VFR Vtec like mine. Quite simple too-for those of you who like a read, or any other Vtec owners, look here http://johnny.chadda.se/article/pair-and-flapper-mod-with-bonus-snorkel-mod-for-vfr/

I may remove the snorkel but I'd need to make up a gauze filter of some sort to keep big crap out. Also looking at a K & N filter and set of cans. But, what I can say, based on a brief test ride just now, is WOW! It's like a different bike, surges off the throttle at low revs where before it stuttered and jerked like a moped. I thought it was underpowered, and it sure ain't a Busa, but it feels like someone's put another 100cc in there.

Well chuffed thumbs 

Not on a Busa of course, but the PAIR mod is a popular one for the VFR Vtec like mine. Quite simple too-for those of you who like a read, or any other Vtec owners, look here http://johnny.chadda.se/article/pair-and-flapper-mod-with-bonus-snorkel-mod-for-vfr/

I may remove the snorkel but I'd need to make up a gauze filter of some sort to keep big crap out. Also looking at a K & N filter and set of cans. But, what I can say, based on a brief test ride just now, is WOW! It's like a different bike, surges off the throttle at low revs where before it stuttered and jerked like a moped. I thought it was underpowered, and it sure ain't a Busa,  but it feels like someone's put another 100cc in there.

Well chuffed thumbs 
thumbs