• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dirtydog

all change

jumping on chads wagon here Laughing 

but im looking at selling the mighty zxr next year

http://s1008.photobucket.com/user/thekingofswing1982/story/11915

and buy a late 90s fireblade thumbs thumbs hopefully possibly just maybe something akin to this beeaaauuuttyyyyyy

http://midlifeclassics.co.uk/page7.htm..

to be honest im not sure how i feel about selling the zxr as she a proper head turner the way she looks and sounds and is pretty f**king quick for an old girl (160 mph..allegedly Twisted Evil )  always come back with a daft grin on my face although she is mechanically sound the plastics are tired and would benefit from a respray also and i cant believe im saying this she needs to much input whilst riding due to the fact she a "racebike" as appose to a "sportsbike"  for example  if your not in the correct gear for a corner or for an overtake its just all noise and no action  also shes not geared for a steady sunday morning bimble she geared for the racetrack which means its hard not to fly around at licence loosing speeds because anything other than finds her chasing the revs or it sounds like your revving the tits off her in the wrong gear for the speed your doing etc etc....all this has drawn me too the conclusion  i need a newer machine   ive taken advice from a couple of other people and a blade seems a good option cheapish powerful and user friendly but as per the link above its gotta be a bit different Laughing

what about a late 90's R1 ross? blue ones are going cheap at mo thumbs 

Id considered an r1 but was lead to belive that repair bills are exspensive is owt was to go wrong..one of the guys ive had advice from is a riding imstructor who has had various blades over the last 15 or so yrs including a brand new 1000cc model but sold that as he found it not to be as usable as a 900..that is what he rides now a 98reg cbr900 thumbs 

Chad as much as your bike looks good im not a fan of the zx9 im afraid lol Smile

@dirtydog wrote:
Id considered an r1 but was lead to belive that  repair bills are exspensive is owt was to go wrong..one of the guys ive had advice from is a riding imstructor who has had various blades over the last 15 or so yrs including a brand new 1000cc model but sold that as he found it not to be as usable as a 900..that is what he rides now a 98reg cbr900 thumbs 

Chad as much as your bike looks good im not a  fan of the zx9 im afraid lol Smile
I wasn't till I got one love it but I want to get new or nearly new for next year Wink lol. and go back to naked my battered wrists, and left arm are struggeling

Blade is a true icon, one of Honda's major contributions to motorcycle history along with the VFR and CB750. I'd have one were it not for my old knees and lack of self trust. Fill your boots mate thumbs 

Honda is one of the bss timo thou, I liked the cb1000r but it kinda felt like it was missing something I might try the 06 shape fireblade just see for comfort but still think ill struggle. if not ive got test ride on fz1 booked

have a look at whats considered to be the best Blade ever made the 2002-2003 CBR 900RR2/3 with the 954 motor, I had one for 5 years and absolutely loved it and if you read up on it so do all the magazines. The only problem is a Honda problem and that's the rectifier they tend to go at around 25,000 miles but theyre not expensive now.

plenty upright faired bikes about chad nakeds not your only option thumbs 

Honda is one of the bss timo thou, I liked the cb1000r but it kinda felt like it was missing something I might try the 06 shape fireblade just see for comfort but still think ill struggle. if not ive got test ride on fz1 booked

I had an 07 fireblade for 4 years and didn't particularly like it, they're a bit on the heavy side, slow to turn, there's no power below about 8000 rpm and the brakes aren't up to much.

If i was gonna go naked Shocked  Embarassed  id going oldish  skool  muscle all the way

thumbs  thumbs  thumbs  thumbs

dont forget the XJR in that mix of muscle!

*SHAMELESS PHOTO WHORING*

@fr499y wrote:
dont forget the XJR in that mix of muscle!

*SHAMELESS PHOTO WHORING*

applause  applause  applause 

And of course "the big one"

Thought id update this thread  thumbs  (nothing exciting)
Other than to say  hand on heart In all the fireblades ive seen over the last few months not one of them even the black  one at the start of this thread are as aesthetically pleasing as my zxr and if im honest that is a big thing for me..its  gotta make me smile before I throw my chicken legs over it.
If im totally honest the zx10r is looking pretty good but that means buying a more modern machine than I wanted  and spending more cash  than i have.

http://motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_zx10r%2004.htm

AAAGHHHHHH WTF TO DOOOOOO

zx10 is a pure sports bike and goes like shit of a stick Shocked 
ever tried a thunderace ?

@dick65 wrote:
zx10 is a pure sports bike and goes like shit of a stick Shocked 
ever tried a thunderace ?

Ye I know the zx10r are quick my matey has got one probably why its come into my mind set..never tried an ace but again as much as its a gewat bike it doesn't make smile when I see one.

ZX12? Pick up one of the A1s for a reasonable price. But they are a big bike  thumbs   thumbs   thumbs 

Firestorm possibly. Nice v-twin  thumbs    TL1000?

Suzuki TL 1000R. Performance bikes magazine are tricking one up over the next few months. They just paid £1900 for a 10,000 mile one.

ZX12? Pick up one of the A1s for a reasonable price. But they are a big bike  thumbs   thumbs   thumbs 

i like the idea of a firestorm its on my list and has been for a while but as ive never owned a twin and have heard a few horror storys of massive engine breaking it does put me off a bit but any advice as always is appreciated also whats the difference between the models SP1 SP2 etc and if i could get one in the castrol colours it would be great.
/t5785-honda-vtr-firestorm?highlight=firestorm

@dirtydog wrote:

i like the idea of a firestorm its on my list and has been for a while but as ive never owned a twin and have heard a few horror storys of massive engine breaking it does put me off a bit but any advice as always is appreciated also whats the difference between the models SP1 SP2 etc and if i could get one in the castrol colours it would be great.

a SP1/SP2 isn't a firestorm, the Firestorm is a big lazy sports tourer and the SP1 and SP2 are full on sports bikes developed by HRC to race in world superbikes. The SP1 had a very snatchy throttle response which can be improved with a power commander and cans but HRC sorted this out on the SP2 by using a heavier flywheel and other fueling mods. I also worried about the massive engine braking from a twin until I got my Ducati but to be honest it isn't a problem at all and the V twin configuration makes a lot of sense on the road giving loads of mid range grunt so you don't have to be doing 100 mph+ to be in the power. Brake pads last a lot longer as well.

If the Blade's off my other choice for a sports bike would be an Aprilia RSV. Some real nice ones about and they surely move. Smile 

@dirtydog wrote:

a SP1/SP2 isn't a firestorm, the Firestorm is a big lazy sports tourer and the SP1 and SP2 are full on sports bikes developed  by HRC to race in world superbikes. The SP1 had a very snatchy throttle response which can be improved with a power commander and cans but HRC sorted this out on the SP2 by using a heavier flywheel and other fueling mods. I also worried about the massive engine braking from a twin until I got my Ducati but to be honest it isn't a problem at all and the V twin configuration makes a lot of sense on the road giving loads of mid range grunt so you don't have to be doing 100 mph+  to be in the power. Brake pads last a lot longer as well.

oooh I see thanks for clearing tjat up.. my bad got myself confussed lol I do like the look of the sp2 though pretty damn mean imo but what would it be like going through town or slow traffic.

@haveugot1 wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
What about a busa.
What about it lol  Wink
U want a good very fast bike then get a busa.Twisted Evil 

Im only a tiny 10st and not very tall i reckon id look like a child sat on a busa and ive no real need for all that POOOWWEEERRRRR top speed isnt my ultimate goal the zxr is capable of 160 plenty fast enough for most folk.

The long and the short of it is I would like somthimg that makes me smile as soon as I open the door and is in general easy to use but can be an animal when necessary

@dirtydog wrote:

The long and the short of it is I would like somthimg that makes me smile as soon as I open the door and is in general easy to use but can be an animal when necessary

Simple then mate-Speed Triple. Smile

@dirtydog wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
What about a busa.
What about it lol  Wink
U want a good very fast bike then get a busa.Twisted Evil 
Im only a tiny 10st and not very tall i reckon id look like a child sat on a busa and ive no real need for all that POOOWWEEERRRRR top speed isnt my ultimate goal the zxr is capable of 160 plenty fast enough for most folk.

then go back to what  I said in the first place a 2002/2003 fireblade  CBR900RR2/3 http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Honda/Honda-CBR900RR-FireBlade-2002-2003-TC/

Saw a very very nice gsxr srad outside a shop in Mansfield today was dark red/black few little trick bits on it I will admit it manmbe my twangy bit fizz to the point I did go and have a nosey around it like a kid in a sweet shop lol so any advice on srads please folks Smile

sorry ross I know nowt about them but sure someone will m8 thumbs 

@dirtydog wrote:
Saw a very very nice gsxr srad outside a shop in Mansfield  today was dark red/black few little trick bits on it I will admit it manmbe my twangy bit fizz to the point I did go and have a nosey around it like a kid in a sweet shop lol so any advice on srads please folks Smile

I think Lukes is an SRAD and I know it flies! Stue should pick this up next time he's on so may respond thumbs 

@dirtydog wrote:
Saw a very very nice gsxr srad outside a shop in Mansfield  today was dark red/black few little trick bits on it I will admit it manmbe my twangy bit fizz to the point I did go and have a nosey around it like a kid in a sweet shop lol so any advice on srads please folks Smile
I think Lukes is an SRAD and I know it flies! Stue should pick this up next time he's on so may respond  thumbs 
Excellent stuff I have also posted on practical sportsbike on fb had  few responses on there basicly saying the fi models are far superior to carbed ones cam chain tensioners can be an issue but nowt to bad.