Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

Servicing the busa

Well today i thought the bike needed some work. Ive changed the brake and clutch fluid for dot 4 racing fluid, dropped and replaced the coolant. Then generally just a clean up. Getting the wheels powder coated candy red.

Getting a carbon fibre front mudguard then she will be nearly ready for next yr.

bit different to the old bandit innit m8.
the wheels will look nice you can get some great colours in powdercoat now.

Your not wrong ian it took 40mins to get the fairings off.affraid 

Was going to get the wheels done candy carbon dipped but they want £140 per wheel. Were as I can get them powder coated for £110 including the sprocket carrier.

don't forget though you will have to fit new bearings, as you have to take them out cos the curing temp will kill them.

nice work mark thumbs yeah always fun when you take the fairing off first time m8 Laughing 

@madcarper wrote:
don't forget though you will have to fit new bearings, as you have to take them out cos the curing temp will kill them.

Picking some new ones up from hunters in a few weeks.also new ebc pads.

Will look real nice Mark, love them candy red wheels. Good work on the bike at least you know it is mechanically sorted thumbs thumbs  Oh! I got absolutely soaked yesterday! rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  That will teach me to put waterproofs on Rolling Eyes

Will look real nice Mark, love them candy red wheels. Good work on the bike at least you know it is mechanically sorted thumbs thumbs  Oh! I got absolutely soaked yesterday! rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  rain  That will teach me to put waterproofs on Rolling Eyes

I did wonder if you made it m8.rain2 

Got the coolant in ok and ran it through then finished the bleeding so all is well. Just need oil and filter then can start on wheels.

Ordered new indicators and just missed out on a carbon hugger.head bang 

ive got a nice smoked grey back light for your busa mark its brand new still in the box and you dont have to wire the indicators up to it if you dont want it to flash half yellow when you indicate thumbs and ive got a carbon hugger Laughing 

[quote="stantheman"]ive got a nice smoked grey back light for your busa mark its brand new still in the box and you dont have to wire the indicators up to it if you dont want it to flash half yellow when you indicate thumbs and ive got a carbon hugger Laughing [/quote

Cheers stan.

Well today I managed to get the rusty exhaust bokts out and replaced with s/s. Got front mudguard off ready dor carbon dipping and changed the rest of the wngine casing bolts.

Been a productive day thumbs 

nice one! thumbs  stainless engine bolts?

i always dread buying a bike that has had anodised ally bolts put in the engine

Glad they came out ok can be a pain , back in with copper slip i hope thumbs 

nice one mark bet that looks better- ive replaced all the bolts on both my bikes with stainless must say makes them look smarter m8 still looking for caliper bolts though thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
nice one mark bet that looks better- ive replaced all the bolts on both my bikes with stainless must say makes them look smarter m8 still looking for caliper bolts though thumbs 

I can get you caliper bolts m8. Is it the 2 that hold the caliper to the forks? or the ones that hold the caliper together?

nice one! thumbs  stainless engine bolts?

i always dread buying a bike that has had anodised ally bolts put in the engine

Oh yes stainless chad.

@haveugot1 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
I can get you caliper bolts m8. Is it the 2 that hold the caliper to the forks? or the ones that hold the caliper together?
its the 2 that hold the caliper to the forks - so 4 in all if you can mark ,much appreciated cheers m8 Very Happy  thumbs

I will get u a photo of mine as I had the heads turned down.

Which bike is it for as I need to know the bolt sizw ans pitch?

not sure how to measure size and I think its 1.25 pitch being a yam - there for the thundercat

@dick65 wrote:
not sure how to measure size and I think its 1.25 pitch being a yam - there for the thundercat

I think there M8 pitch 1:25. But can u check for me. But I will get them no problem. thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
I think there M8 pitch 1:25. But can u check for me. But I will get them no problem. thumbs 

cheers mark thumbs how about I post you one?
send me a pm m8

@haveugot1 wrote:
Well today I managed to get the rusty exhaust bokts out and replaced with s/s. Got front mudguard off ready dor carbon dipping and changed the rest of the wngine casing bolts.

Should be a looker once back on the road thumbs  thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:

Should be a looker once back on the road  thumbs   thumbs 

Hope so mike.thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

Should be a looker once back on the road  thumbs   thumbs 
Hope so mike.thumbs 

Should be mate, the carbon dip along with everything else will make it stand out thumbs  thumbs 

Then there's the red wheels (if you get them done) thumbs 

Yeah gettin the wheels done as ive bought all new bearings. Will be the new yr now. thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:
Yeah gettin the wheels done as ive bought all new bearings. Will be the new yr now. thumbs 

At least we won't lose you  Shocked thumbs   Shocked thumbs   Shocked 

And the red wheels will make it go faster. Something about red wheels spinning faster than black ones confused 

Same way green bikes are faster than black or blue bikes  thumbs   thumbs   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

Same way green bikes are faster than black or blue bikes  thumbs   thumbs   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   

yeah but not red ones Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing 

@haveugot1 wrote:

And the red wheels will make it go faster. Something about red wheels spinning faster than black ones confused 

Same way green bikes are faster than black or blue bikes  thumbs   thumbs   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

You only bought a green bike to get noticed cos their boringly slow. hide  banana 

@haveugot1 wrote:

no no no I will not be drawn into this.

@haveugot1 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

You only bought a green bike to get noticed cos their boringly slow. hide  banana 

Beg to differ. Have you ever been overtaken by a green bike? No? Well that's because they're too fast for you to see thumbs  thumbs  Twisted Evil  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

@haveugot1 wrote:
Regardless of colour Suzuki is still better cheers 

And black is quicker finger fofl 

I Will not be drawn into such mud-slinging and name calling.  But it's green for speed   fing   fing   fofl   fofl   fofl

Children! children!..... No No we all know its not the tool its how you use it, that's what I keep telling myself anyway! Laughing 

But got to side with the Suzuki!!............sorry  Mike.

Children! children!..... No No we all know its not the tool its how you use it, that's what I keep telling myself anyway! Laughing 

But got to side with the Suzuki!!............sorry  Mike.

No, no, no. If it's not a fair fight one on one, then I'm taking my opinions and going home so  tongue2   tongue2   tongue2  to you all.  I'm gone  baby   baby   baby 

fofl   fofl   fofl

Mark, extensive apologies mate. Some serious off topic   off topic   off topic   off topic   and  thread hijacked   thread hijacked   thread hijacked   thread hijacked   going on   thumbs   thumbs   thumbs   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

Mark, extensive apologies mate. Some serious off topic   off topic   off topic   off topic   and  thread hijacked   thread hijacked   thread hijacked   thread hijacked   going on   thumbs   thumbs   thumbs   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

Give me 10 hail suzuki's. hide banana 

@haveugot1 wrote:
Give me 10 hail suzuki's. hide banana 

affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid 

zip  zip  zip  zip  zip 

Hmmhmmhmmhmmhm fofl  fofl  fofl 

Got the pairs valve off today. What a fook on. I pick up the blanking plates tomorrow. Got them from a guy who jezza recommend, gravelrash came round to give me a hand.

Cheers mike.thumbs 

Post pics tomorrow.

thumbs thumbs  Nice one took it of my Bandit right pain but its all done now