Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

So what you treating your bikes to this winter?

I treated the old honda to some rust, salt and new mirrors! lucky bike i tell you  thumbs 

@fr499y wrote:
I treated the old honda to some rust, salt and new mirrors! lucky bike i tell you  thumbs 

It must be love  thumbs   Wink   Laughing 

@Davehutch wrote:
Bet they will look good mike

Should do mate. Should get them at end of the month if not before. Going to get the bike checked and cleaned then put my new pegs etc on. Bring on the    sunny    sunny    sunny 

Laughing    Laughing    Laughing

@madsod wrote:
After much debate, have ordered a set of these for the bike:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/KAWASAKI-ZX12R-2x-CARBON-KUPPLUNGSDECKEL-LIMADECKEL-SET-ENGINE-COVER-CARBONE-/281245301442?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item417b86bac2

Will see what they look like when I get them   thumbs    I love you    banana

look well sweet Mike .     thumbs thumbs 

Fingers crossed   thumbs  thumbs   Have debated for a while so in the end just ordered them    Very Happy    Very Happy     Very Happy

After much debate, have ordered a set of these for the bike:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/KAWASAKI-ZX12R-2x-CARBON-KUPPLUNGSDECKEL-LIMADECKEL-SET-ENGINE-COVER-CARBONE-/281245301442?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item417b86bac2

Will see what they look like when I get them   thumbs    I love you    banana

Amazingly, the covers have arrived   thumbs  thumbs  thumbs 

Do like the look of them:

And they look like they fit:

Looking forward to getting everything on and the bike back together   thumbs    thumbs    thumbs

@madsod wrote:
Now that looks the part very nice  thumbs thumbs 

Cheers mate. May have to look at getting the fins recovered, but have to see the youngest son and see what he says   thumbs    Shocked    Shocked    thumbs

Cheers boys   thumbs    thumbs 

Quite looking forward to putting it all back together, but need the HID on, then get it Dyno'ed, then get the new fairing bolt kit in then the pegs then put the covers on. Can't wait   thumbs    thumbs

Just got my fairings back from ians and they look class. Nowto get the wheels sent off and the brake calipers for powder coating then off to moulton for dyno and ecu remap.

well i took the air horn off and the stock wont work so needed a horn to sell the bike just forked out a massive £1.99 for a brand new one  Laughing says 100db we will see thought at that price ill give it a chance

Well today I stripped the rear caliper ready for powder coating. And replaced the lower fairings. Only the front calipers to strip then off they go with the wheels thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:
Well today I stripped the rear caliper ready for powder coating.  And replaced the lower fairings. Only the front calipers to strip then off they go with the wheels thumbs 

Waiting to see it all back together mate, should look the business   thumbs    thumbs

I can't decided if to give the CB to my dad and get myself a VTR or tidy the CB up.. Its a fun bike to ride, just miss the sound/torque of a meaty twin!

@haveugot1 wrote:
Well today I stripped the rear caliper ready for powder coating.  And replaced the lower fairings. Only the front calipers to strip then off they go with the wheels thumbs 

Waiting to see it all back together mate, should look the business   thumbs    thumbs

hope so mike. Have just stripped the front calipers and the seals are in mint condition.

@fr499y wrote:
I can't decided if to give the CB to my dad and get myself a VTR or tidy the CB up.. Its a fun bike to ride, just miss the sound/torque of a meaty twin!

Either a coin toss, or sit and deeply consider the implications, then go and buy a VTR    thumbs    Laughing    thumbs    Laughing

@haveugot1 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

hope so mike. Have just stripped the front calipers and the seals are in mint condition.

Nice one   thumbs    thumbs

Nothing actual on the bikes,
but it will make a huge difference to them.

Nice to have a day of work when it's not either blazing hot or raining,
I get to fit the whirlybird vent that I had for my birthday last year...

It's been too hot in their recently.

Cheers boys   thumbs    thumbs 

Quite looking forward to putting it all back together, but need the HID on, then get it Dyno'ed, then get the new fairing bolt kit in then the pegs then put the covers on. Can't wait   thumbs    thumbs

Was hoping to take the bike for a Dyno on Saturday. Thought I'd start and warm the bike up before heading down there, flat battery and wouldn't start!?!!!  If I can't get it in this Saturday think I'll just put my bike back together and get it sorted later on. I'm only curiosity anyway   thumbs

If its just for curiosity then I wouldnt bother, just buy a busa then you know you've got a quick bike  racer2 

@haveugot1 wrote:
If its just for curiosity then I wouldnt bother, just buy a busa then you know you've got a quick bike  racer2 

I would mate, but already got a quick bike and I don't fancy having to mess about removing restrictors. I find the black paint slows you down as well, too much friction as you ride. The green paints smoother so you go faster, so think I'll just stick with what I've got   thumbs    thumbs    cheers    cheers    finger    finger    blar    blar    applause    applause  Rolling Eyes    Rolling Eyes    v funny    v funny

@haveugot1 wrote:

I would mate, but already got a quick bike and I don't fancy having to mess about removing restrictors. I find the black paint slows you down as well, too much friction as you ride. The green paints smoother so you go faster, so think I'll just stick with what I've got   thumbs    thumbs    cheers    cheers    finger    finger    blar    blar    applause    applause  Rolling Eyes    Rolling Eyes    v funny    v funny

fofl fofl 

Well my bike passed her mot today and I also taxed her so now bring on the  sunny Cool 

ohh shit, that's the weather fubard for the foreseeable  rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2   rain2 rain2   rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 rain2 

Been busy with the CB for the past couple of days ( struggling a bit with not being able to put weight on my foot properly )

Lightly polished the hangers
Removed most of the rust from the shocks and giving them a polish
Cleaned the brown exhaust, turns out its actually a full stainless system after all!
Sorted out the wiring in the headlight ( well most of it, side light is still screwed up )
Started to clean up the paint on the engine and wheels
Got the crash bars off, ready for a painting

Might be up for sale soon if anyone is interested in a nice little work bike!  thumbs