Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

So what you treating your bikes to this winter?

As the title says, what are you lot treating your bikes to this winter?

Seeing as some kn*bhead doesn't think i deserve 2 motorcycles, i'm resorting to using the XJR through the winter ( long story short, insurance companies take the piss )

So treated her to a full set of braided lines. Front, back and the clutch, new clutch slave seals and a set of stainless downpipes to give me a full stainless 4-2-1 system. I need to get the shocks power coated and the fork stanchions done but that will be an after winter job. So what you lot done or doing to yours? thumbs 

Got a HID kit for mine, new front pegs and a new set of "standard" rear pegs. Bolt kit for the fairing as it's coming off to do the head cover gasket. Hoping to get a Power Commnder on it as well, but not sure about that just yet  Wink   Twisted Evil   Twisted Evil   Twisted Evil

Powder coated wheels, plenty of carbon, full service, fork seals, rad cover and lots of new bolts.thumbs 

Oh and plenty of polish Cool 

@haveugot1 wrote:
Powder coated wheels, plenty of carbon, full service, fork seals, rad cover and lots of new bolts.thumbs 

Oh and plenty of polish Cool 

I hope you're putting before and after pictures on thumbs  Laughing  Laughing 

just had new chain and sprockets fitted to the cat this afternoon and getting new rear pegs fitted soon + fresh fluids and service on both bikes thumbs 

plenty pics mark thumbs 

pleased you keeping the yam matt thumbs

Just a service incase I sell it next year Smile 

@haveugot1 wrote:
@lee wrote:
Oh what u going to get? thumbs 

@lee wrote:
Selling the bandit  Shocked affraid   Shocked affraid   Shocked affraid   Shocked

Not definite yet will have to wait and see in new year fz1n or z1000

some tasty bits matt thumbs 

A complete diassembly of the bike and do a repaint of the frame thumbs .

Maybe even a complete custom paint job as i have a extra set of tank, rear end , sidepanels and frontfender Shocked .
Maybe also going to put progressive spring in the fork's no1 .
And this is how it look's tonight Shocked 

Cheers Maveric

the preload adjusters i wouldn't bother with. just gives people an excuse to fiddle with ya bike when its parked up Laughing 

I want to get one of these, but it costs nearly as much as the rest of the stuff i've just bought!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVOTECH-ALLOY-PETROL-FUEL-CAP-SILVER-BLACK-FITS-YAMAHA-XJR-1300-/181146788272?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2a2d30a1b0

@maveric wrote:

Maybe even a complete custom paint job as i have a extra set of tank, rear end , sidepanels and frontfender Shocked .

Cheers Maveric

If it's a new paint job, we need pics thumbs  thumbs 

@lee wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
@lee wrote:
Oh what u going to get? thumbs 
@lee wrote:
Selling the bandit  Shocked affraid   Shocked affraid   Shocked affraid   Shocked
Not definite yet will have to wait and see in new year fz1n or z1000

some tasty bits matt thumbs 

You'll have to keep us posted Lee. Not sure between the two. I know lads with both who say "great bike" thumbs  thumbs 

@maveric wrote:

Cheers Maveric
I like the colour it is now Sad  but understand sometimes you need a change!

I'd like to get one of these--------Unless you guys can recommend a better buy--  thumbs 

Just bought these today so fitting over xmas.
Fork seals
wheel bearings
brake pads
disc bolts
fork oil

i'm going to fit a afr gauge and ignition advancer, new tyres suspension set up and a bit of paintwork to my zed.

@goferit wrote:
I'd like to get one of these--------Unless you guys can recommend a better buy--  thumbs 

iv'e got one will lift the bike no problem but not very high also I have to use blocks of wood as most bikes are not flat on the bottom and the exhaust is also in the way I use it in conjunction with a rear paddock stand but if I take the wheels of I also use a tie down from my garage roof round the bar mount just in case . so it's a bit of a pain unless it's a Harley or the pipes go along the side I would try to get a proper bike lift table if you think you are going to use it a lot.

@dick65 wrote:
add a set of frame sliders to my cat list banana 

Just looking at mine and debating on a set of front crash bobbins scratch 

i normally use These

when i had a problem with fitment, he sorted me out some bolts and spacers to the sizes i asked for thumbs might get some for the XJR.

think our bikes will be unrecognisable when we meet again Laughing Laughing thumbs 

Oh, also got a head cover gasket to go on. Should stop the slight oil leak  thumbs 
Got the gasket, £39. High, but not too bad. Also had to get the gasket for the spark plugs etc, £24 for the four, then lets not forget the washers for the cover bolts, another £35 for the seven. So to change the cover gasket is £100, before we start with anything else  affraid   affraid   affraid 

It's better be a good summer next year  thumbs   Laughing   thumbs   Laughing   sunny   sunny   sunny

Nothing drastic for mine.
Just fitted an undertray,tank pad,jack up dog bones.Im waiting for a +2 Renthal rear sprocket,stainless sprocket nuts to arrive,and on the got to get list is a nice bellypan.
Update. New HH pads.Removed secondary flies.Waiting for a Dobeck tfi from Holeshot.

Winter ?

Dec 1st is the first day of Summer here.

Had a few showers but wasn't too hot.
Managed to get 1038k's (640 miles?) in
this weekend. Had a run up the coast with
a few mates.

Even got a bit of dirt-roading in...

Looks horrible Tony thumb down  all that biking weather in winter its just not natural tongue2 
only kidding, great photo, no salt eating into your bike this Christmas thumbs thumbs 

Just repairs for my bike: the bushes in the front fairing bracket have perished and the whole nose cone wobbles, rear calliper to rebuild, and possibly forks and swinger to take to Madcarpers for spraying Oh! and get the seat sculptured for better cushioning cos it hurts my bume  on a long run.

Looks horrible Tony thumb down  all that biking weather in winter its just not natural tongue2 
only kidding, great photo, no salt eating into your bike this Christmas thumbs thumbs 

Just repairs for my bike: the bushes in the front fairing bracket have perished and the whole nose cone wobbles, rear calliper to rebuild, and possibly  forks and swinger to take to Madcarpers for spraying Oh! and get the seat sculptured for better cushioning cos it hurts my bume  on a long run.

where you getting the seat done mike ? ive been looking at this firm near south shields
http://www.saddlecraft.com/

saddlecraft are good dick but theyre a nightmare to find mate theyre in an upstairs unit in the bottled gas yard right on the roundabout thumbs 

Well been looking at new racing velocity stacks. U get another 4hp mid range combined with an ecu remap should see a good return on power. Also change the oil in the steering damper for sae 90 for an improved damper.thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:

Just repairs for my bike: the bushes in the front fairing bracket have perished and the whole nose cone wobbles, rear calliper to rebuild, and possibly  forks and swinger to take to Madcarpers for spraying Oh! and get the seat sculptured for better cushioning cos it hurts my bume  on a long run.
where you getting the seat done mike ? ive been looking at this firm near south shields
http://www.saddlecraft.com/
Was thinking Tony Archer as well dick

http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/

But have heard good things about Saddlecraft as well so might just flip a coin Laughing or nip up to Saddlecraft and check out their work thumbs 

if you do decide saddlecraft mike let me know how you get on m8 thumbs thumbs