Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Begging adverts.

Anyone else sick and tired of those bloody begging adverts to help 'john', or the donkeys, or the syrians, or those who have to walk to get drinking water, or the animal charities, or puma's, or elephants.

And the music being played, or the voice overs!!.

How much do these adverts cost and why as nothing got any better since the feed the world and geldof era of the 80s??

They now depend on hand outs wile the bosses of the charitites drive big cars travel the world and stay in hotels!
Ho yer and all the big mining companys move in and trash the place becouse these people are in the way!

These begging adverts are dispicable and are now so lacking in integrity that they are driving away people who would otherwise contribute.

The government needs to look into these and these awful Bingo or any other gambling adverts, before it all gets out of hand if its not already!
Nuff said

It's the power of deregulation. Get used to it-we even have ads for ladies' piss pants now!  Rolling Eyes 

It's the power of deregulation. Get used to it-we even have ads for ladies' piss pants now!  Rolling Eyes 

aye, it gets worse than that! the vagisil ad! I mean couldnt they have thought of a better name  Rolling Eyes maybe they think we would get confused were its for  Embarassed 

watched something last week on telly ;the boss of children in need was on £300'000 a year and she decided to leave so they gave her a £500'000 pay off  Twisted Evil 

The RSPCA spent £380,000  of donated cash on a foxing hunting case!! They fined them £6,800!!
So the rich lawyers can line there pockets....

I see we gave millions to help the poor in Indonesia (I think) Then the countries leader built himself a 17m pound palace. Must be kiss arse politics. About time we looked after our own.

I'm glad you people think this way, I thought it was just me being an ol' scrote, the ads with kids crying should never be allowed, they are child actors and this is so misleading,-- surely must be against some law??.
Also every time we go to a supermarket,we have to run the gauntlet of 'do-gooders' waving a charity box, or trying to get a D/D payment out of people--- makes my piss boil, when was the last time you heard of other countries sending aid to this country ????????   ---Yeah--- never--- no-one sending money over to help the people who have had storm damage over the Christmas.

the animal ones i understand but when we went to rehome a dog, because we wasn't at home for 4-6 hours we couldn't get almost any dog they had at leybourne rspca! they moan they need them rehomed but dont allow genuine families to help!

and with the countries saying save the children i think they should have the nuts cut off (maybe not so brutal) but they are having these children in these awful conditions to just die and suffer from disease, if there was less of them surely the little food and water they have would go further etc, and then they could be helped in that matter?

Unfortunately I do agree with most of the sentiment here. I have the same reaction when I see the "Water", "Syrian" or "Food" adverts. If the world really want to so something, then the governments of the countries in question need to be looked at and "amended". A figure I heard recently is that over £50 billion in charity donations (and I think that's low) has been pumped into Africa and basically nothing has changed. In one country the 30 billion debt was written off by the IMF. The following week the head of the government had a brand new 747, for himself, on the runway. How can that be? The Western governments are scared to get too deeply involved in Africa because of the accusations of "Colonialism" or maybe someone accuses them of "Racism". But the Africans aren't helping themselves. Zimbabwe has had a dictator at it's head since the 80s and no-one does anything. Even the African countries are scared to intervene. Add Chinas involvement in Africa to all that, and everyone turns a blind eye cause they're frightened to get involved. So while I do agree, I can't see anything changing any time soon.

Right. Time to breather after all that  thumbs

Are we fed up of the Charities or the way they are advertised?
On the flip side my daughter has just done a bungee jump for the Great North Air Ambulance and raised £500 There are some worthy causes out there I think it just depends on how the money is distributed and to WHO it goes to but couldn't agree more with Gaz about the way some of these charities use emotional blackmail to get money shouldn't be allowed  No 

the animal ones i understand but when we went to rehome a dog, because we wasn't at home for 4-6 hours we couldn't get almost any dog they had at leybourne rspca! they moan they need them rehomed but dont allow genuine families to help!

and with the countries saying save the children i think they should have the nuts cut off (maybe not so brutal) but they are having these children in these awful conditions to just die and suffer from disease, if there was less of them surely the little food and water they have would go further etc, and then they could be helped in that matter?

Sadly these little souls are used as "begging-bowls" to play on the pity, and conscience of wealthy westerners.
I agree with you Chad'--the aid that should be sent to them is contraception....
and should be compulsory in any circumstance of poverty whatever country.

It worked in China.

Are we fed up of the Charities or the way they are advertised?
On the flip side my daughter has just done a bungee jump for the Great North Air Ambulance and raised £500  There are some worthy causes out there I think it just depends on how the money is distributed and to WHO it goes to but couldn't agree more with Gaz about the way some of these charities use emotional blackmail to get money  shouldn't be allowed  No 

Good point. Elements like the GNAA provide life-saving services, but receive no funding. I know of two lads (we all probably know of someone) one of whom is still walking the other probably still breathing thanks to the air ambulance.

personally I dont disagree with helping others

But lets face fact sort our bloody own affairs out first
we have ex service men living on the streets that need help

people trying to make ends meet that need help,our own children in this country that need help
the list is endless

as for donating to other countries dont give them money give them aid thats bought with the donations
simple

and stop the charities using these adverts we all should be free to choose when and which charities
we want to give to
not be hounded by adverts and people knocking on our doors