Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

fork oil seals

Just spent all day with mike changing my fork oil calls. And the fooking leak. Admit partly my fault as I didn't use oem ones. But was told y hunters in newcastle that these were really good. Well there not you fooking dick. angry 

so now I have to pay for oem ones and that peed off going to pay local bike garage to change them. head bang 

Not good. Get a refund? 

Mine leak think that's because I used cheaper ones, so genuine parts going in soon.

ya not alone mark did the 600 bandit fork seals twice
really  censored me off

always get genuine now

live and learn  Embarassed

think alot of the none gen stuff is imported now  Twisted Evil and cheap

There's no such thing as OEM fork seals guys. They're made by third party manufacturers, just like tyres and light bulbs. Buy a good name and be sure you take care fitting them.  Smile 

The thing is I saked what they were like and he said brilliant.  smack 

but ive learnt a lesson get someone else to do it  Wink 

but a big thankyou to mike who spent all day helping me. thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
not good m8  Sad    just blame Mike  hide 

yeah mike put them in upside down  hide 

Or on the wrong sides fofl

fofl 

Oi! you lot  finger  at least I didn't put the spring in upside down  tongue2 and it was the first time we had worked on inverted forks I thought it went pretty smoothly but when the seals went in by finger pressure not even having to drive them in I think we knew something was wrong Rolling Eyes . Still really enjoyed the day, just a shame the outcome wasn't better!
You make a pretty good ham and mustard sarnie though m8  food  If you decide to have another go with better quality seals let me know thumbs thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

yeah mike put them in upside down  hide 

Or on the wrong sides fofl

fofl 

Oi! you lot  finger  at least I didn't put the spring in upside down  tongue2 and it was the first time we had worked on inverted forks I thought it went pretty smoothly but when the seals went in by finger pressure not even having to drive them in I think we knew something was wrong Rolling Eyes . Still really enjoyed the day, just a shame the outcome wasn't better!
You make a pretty good ham and mustard sarnie though m8  food  If you decide to have another go with better quality seals let me know thumbs thumbs

If I'd known there were sarnies on the go I'd have come round to supervise thumbs  Then I could have kept them right and told them what they were doing wrong  hide  Or at least said the manual doesn't say that  study 

Well took forks into local bike dealer. Cost me £60 to get the fork seals fitted and now they are back on and sorted.