Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just bought a fuel tap repair kit for my 97 er5 A1 from Wemoto went to fit it and it doesn't fit Rolling Eyes  The spring diaphram is far to big and doesn't line up with the back plate screw holes, the fuel tap o ring is very thin compared to the old one and the fuel tap gasket has 3 holes one elongated compared to the 4 equal holes on my old one.
Does anyone know if this sounds like a repair kit off a later model the invoice has the correct info but I will phone tomorrow and check part no's

Strange thing is now the tap has been dismantled and put back together its working fine  ....... Typical!  Rolling Eyes

Always the same mate  Shocked   Shocked  Hopefully you can sort and either get it replaced or a refund, given it sounds like the wrong one, unless the bike has a later model tap on?

Not being mechanical I don't know?  confused   confused 

Always the same mate   Shocked    Shocked   Hopefully you can sort and either get it replaced or a refund, given it sounds like the wrong one, unless the bike has a later model tap on?

Not being mechanical I don't know?   confused    confused 

Give that man a prize!  Laughing 

Just to update, Wemoto say the kit sent was for the a1 model but it sounds like I have a fuel tap off a later 2000- model as these have the 4 holes in the tap gasket so are sending me the alternative one,  anyhow you live and learn.  But good service from Wemoto again!  thumbs thumbs

Cant be right all the time no fun in that  Laughing  glad its ok now

i always remember a suzuki motocross bike i had it was getting oil in the water, and coolent in the oil. so was told waterpump and it did have some play in it.

december the dealer told me £32. i went back in juanuary and it turned out prices went up in the new year £93 it cost me in the end  Shocked 

same thing happened with my xj 900 the kit was way too small  scratch study 
hope you sort it mike as im sure you will  thumbs 

least ya know now mike  Smile 

Hate it at work when wrong parts turn up  Twisted Evil