Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Took a spare seat I had for the Bandit up to "Saddlecraft" in Templetown South Shields yesterday, going to get it reshaped and a good quality gel insert fitted.
The owner Les Wood seems to know his stuff and had a good chat with him, The seat should be ready in a couple of weeks as he is busy at the moment.
Will post pics before and after and let you know if the gel insert is worth paying the extra for as I know Dick was interested!
to be continued...............

please keep us up dated and throw a couple of pics in. I would like to have mine done to accomodate my wide load back side better

Does a reshape really help your bottom? 

I tend to get a numb a**e long distance. Probably because I need some fat on me  Laughing

I need to get one done i have used Tony Archer in the past so i look forward to see your.s  thumbs 

@Davehutch wrote:
Nice 1 mike , I took my bandit seat up to www.tonyarcher.co.uk  I didn't have gel put in but had it reshaped , was one of the best mods I done , and he done it there and then while I went for a coffee , well recommended

Was going to go to Tony Archer myself Dave but Saddlecraft is closer and I had heard good things about them Les Wood the owner of Saddlecraft said Tony Archer had just broken his ankle in an accident but acknowledged the quality of his work. Will post pics when the work is completed  thumbs 

Does a reshape really help your bottom? 

I tend to get a numb a**e long distance. Probably because I need some fat on me  Laughing

I will say yes i have done a good 300 miles on this one by Mr Archer

@madsod wrote:
I need to get one done i have used Tony Archer in the past so i look forward to see your.s  thumbs 

Here is their website Garry
http://www.saddlecraft.com/
They make their own Gel inserts and are twice as thick as normal, hope that means twice as comfortable!  lol!

@madsod wrote:

They make their own Gel inserts and are twice as thick as normal, hope that means twice as comfortable!  lol!

We will just see your arms and legs sticking out of the seat where you have sunk into the gel

nice one mike - good to support local business  thumbs 
thinking of getting my seats done as I ride all year I don't want a re sculpture as I like the shape of mine just the gel inserts- i'll check yours out first m8  Laughing thumbs thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
thinking of getting my seats done as I ride all year  I don't want a re sculpture as I like the shape of mine just the gel inserts- i'll check yours out first m8  Laughing thumbs thumbs

Its not a major reshape Dick, and your welcome to have a try out and see if you like it, I'm sure we'll meet up before the rideout in July.  thumbs thumbs 

@madsod wrote:

Thanks Mike  thumbs thumbs 

@madsod wrote:

We will just see your arms and legs sticking out of the seat where you have sunk into the gel

fofl fofl tongue2 

@dick65 wrote:
thinking of getting my seats done as I ride all year  I don't want a re sculpture as I like the shape of mine just the gel inserts- i'll check yours out first m8  Laughing thumbs thumbs

Its not a major reshape Dick, and your welcome to have a try out and see if you like it, I'm sure we'll meet up before the rideout in July.  thumbs thumbs 

yeah plenty time to meet up mike  Very Happy thumbs 
deffo have to check it out m8  thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

yeah plenty time to meet up mike  Very Happy thumbs 
deffo have to check it out m8  thumbs 

I hope the last 2 comments refer to a seat and not mikes arse as we know hes going to the gym  gay 

i did my own using a dan medica gel pad it was easy to do as well. using a sharp knife electric sander and an electric stapler

Got the seat back from Saddlecraft its been ready for a bit just struggled to find time to collect it!
OLD SEAT

NEW SEAT

This was a scabby seat off ebay so I still have the original, just in case!
First impressions are good, quality of workmanship is great. I have only been on a short trip but feels comfortable, I really need a long journey to say whether the Gel insert is worth it. We will be doing the demo run for the Forum rideout in the not to distant future so that will test it. If I get to do a longish trip before then I will report back.  thumbs

that's well tidy mike - and nice you kept the original  thumbs thumbs 

would look better on my bike mike  Laughing 

nice 1 like it  thumbs