Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

powder coating

Got mu brake calipers back on fri, he had done a good job but. A fookin big but, he had grit blasted them and hadnt cleaned or blew the shit before powder coating them. I cleaned the seals out ok. Then had to tap the threads. Now ive fooked one of the threads so will have to helicoil it. Taking them back so he can acid dip and do them again. And I ain't paying for them either. Fookin mad isn't the word. head bang 

my man blocks all the holes or tapes them up . think i would have to cut his balls of if he done that to my parts

@Davehutch wrote:
Get your money back and go somewhere else mark ,  angry 

not paid him yet, he has my wheels and if they look crap I will punch his fookin head In. smack 

@madsod wrote:
my man blocks all the holes or tapes them up .   think i would have to cut his balls of if he done that to my parts

was told he was really good and he told me he tapes it all off and blocks the holes. See what he has to say for himself tomorrow. censored 

Not good when I had my wheels done the bloke put bolts in all the holes etc to stop this. Go elsewhere like dave said

Went to see Mark today and upset is a MASSIVE understatement none of the threaded calliper holes had been covered and were full of grit even the piston bores were full of powder coating  angry which is a shame cos the powder coating looked good if only they had been prepared properly. Don't do owt stupid tomorrow Mark remember he has to put it right and he can't do that from A&E  boxer wheelchair 

as chad said put some bolts in the threads mark  thumbs 

hope ya get it sorted

I need to get one of the holes helicoiled. It taped out then the bolt just siezed in. So didnt even attempt to clean the other holes. Hes an idiot.

Im still fuming mike.  angry 

the bolt sizes are the same but suzuki changed the pitch of the thread on their calipers mark mk 1 and mk 2 bandits have different pitch sizes on the banjo bolts so the busa may be the same as a mk 2 bandit

These r m8 x 1.25 pitch. Its not the bolts that are the problem stan. Its thr fact he didnt block the holes off.

@haveugot1 wrote:
I need to get one of the holes helicoiled. It taped out then the bolt just siezed in. So didnt even attempt to clean the other holes. Hes an idiot.

Im still fuming mike.  angry 

Understandable mate, I'd probably be the same. Just note Mikes point above   thumbs

Well he has offered to put them right for nothing and I took the bolts down to make sure he blocks the holes off. Surprised 

@dick65 wrote:
result of sorts m8 but still bad crack  thumb down 

I agree m8. He still hasn't finished the wheels. I wont be using or recommending him again.

bad luck sound like you found a cowboy , still hope it all come's good in the end

@madsod wrote:
bad luck sound like you found a cowboy , still hope it all come's good in the end

your right there m8. Hope all is well will find out tomorrow.  thumbs 

@madsod wrote:

I agree Garry but this person came recommended to Mark from multiple people which is normally the best way  confused   but not to block threaded holes or protect the piston bores is in my opinion just plain stupid!  down pleased its getting sorted though Mark,  thumbs thumbs

not only one mark dad needed his turbo changed, so we was reccomended this bloke who used my boss's ramps

its come back smoking, out the exhaust and under the bonnet, running crap and wheel wobble.

bloke said wheel wobble is tracking

the bits hes broke said already were and itll be fine once new egr valve pipe and clip are here. hope he sorts it! im down to using the bike this week, as dad needs my car  censored 

Well got wheels and calipers back today and I must say they look fookin stunning. I will put pics up tomorrow. thumbs 

he has redeemed himself.